shape
carat
color
clarity

My first reset project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a poor camera shot of the engagement ring I was never asked to wear. We bought the ring together and when we split he said he didn''t want it. Turns out I don''t want it either, I mean, what do I do with it? I gave the ring to my Mom about three years ago and today she is having the .89 diamond placed into a pendant. My gold ring, which I still adore, will be the new home of an east-west emerald cut olive green tourmaline
36.gif

I''m hoping I won''t have any association issues wearing my new ring. I chose the original setting over hundreds so I feel attached to it more than I ever would the diamond.

StarsetPrincess1.JPG

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Another shot

StarsetPrincess3.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond will be lovely in a pendant and enjoy your new and improved ring with your green tourmaline.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it when an old ring or jewellery item is recycled into better use. Am looking forward to the new stone in the existing setting.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thats lovely! I can''t wait to see the new stone in it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to LOVE green colored stones combined with yellow gold, it is going to look stunning!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look totally different when a new stone is set into it. I, too, love a combination of yellow gold and green stone.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. My Mom is going to wear the pendant. She is very busty and wants a setting that will bulk up the diamond a bit, like a halo, but can't find the right one yet so that project is still on the shelf.

I spoke with the jeweler briefly last night and he is going to take out the four prong mounting and replace it with a basket. He didn't describe it with any detail so I'm trying to picture it in my head. The old mounting raised the diamond above the two gold endpoints almost cathedral style. I don't know if this basket will be flush with the setting or the stone will. I'm excited to see what he came up with.

Also, I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday evening so hopefully I'll have pictures then.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE recycling projects. I think it''s going to look great.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Teaser cell phone pic from my Mom. Hopefully I pick it up tonight!

resetstarset.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely reset, it''s gorgeous!
12.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the way that stone fills the space between the sides of the ring -- can''t wait to see a profile shot. I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of this ring!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I really like that style of ring.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, modern, design. Nice stone, too. Sleek lines. Looks totally different. I am sure you''ll get many compliments on it. It was a good idea to have it reset.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s MUCH nicer. Lovely!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:29:59 AM
Author: crasru
Beautiful, modern, design. Nice stone, too. Sleek lines. Looks totally different. I am sure you''ll get many compliments on it. It was a good idea to have it reset.
I agree! It looks awesome
5.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reset looks great. It doesn''t look like the same ring at all.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. Not going to pick it up until Saturday now
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results