shape
carat
color
clarity

My First PS post - new RB Halo E-Ring!!!!

lwiegand

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - As a long time PS lurker, I finally have my own ring to share! We just picked her up from the jeweler this weekend. She features a round brilliant center with square halo. I was adamant the halo be on the thinner side, I really wanted to make sure the center stone was complimented by the halo and not overshadowed by it. The final product has a halo thats a little thicker than I wanted, but in person, it does look more proportionate than it shows in pictures. The jeweler says it would look best with diamonds in the halo that arent too small, as to match the "scale" of the center stone. Either way, its beautiful...I'm in love :love:
P.S. due to the thicker halo, there's a little more finger coverage than I was expecting. Any guesses on the center stone carat weight? Just curious what you guys would size it at by appearance. Finger size is 5.75.

Thanks for looking!!
img_0713_2.jpg
img_0717.jpg
img_0716.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely. I'm going with a 1.5 - 1.8ct round

lwiegand

Rough_Rock
Oops sorry, ring size is actually 5.25 (small difference)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I would guess 2.75-3 ct or about 9.3ish mm... (my finger size is 5.25 as well) Congratulations! :appl:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring is lovely.

Don't make us play guessing games on specs - you'll be disappointed and we'll be annoyed.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's very pretty!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty! Congratulations on your new ring! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the square halo effect--yours is a beauty!! :love: Congratulations!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring! It looks so elegant on you.
Enjoy wearing it.

lwiegand

Rough_Rock
I certainly dont want to annoy anyone! Center stone size is 2.02, SI2, H. We were close to getting a 1.86 for slightly higher price with G color scale, but I decided side by side, they looked close enough to go down to the H.

laylah

Rough_Rock
It's a magnificent looking ring and it has wonderful finger coverage! (just a sidebar - I speak only for myself, but the guessing thing doesn't bother me at all)
:dance:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! It has great finger coverage- I would've thought the center was 3 carats! :lol:

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love it!

Um...I won't get annoyed guessing, and many others wouldn't either. Don't be scared off by that nasty reply!

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! My first guess in scroll was 2ct :) :clap:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Lovely indeed. I particularly like the square halo. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is lovely. Congrats!! Round in a cushion halo is a fave. I am not one to guess, rather I will just enjoy the ring.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! congratulations on your engagement!

:appl: :appl:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love guessing, btw! Like others said don't get discouraged by others comments... have fun, enjoy and relish in that new sparkler!! Who was the vendor?

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I love guessing, and seeing how close I came! I was going to say just over 2 carats! Congrats, it's beautiful. Wear it in good health!
More pictures, when you get a chance, would be great!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I would love to see sideshots of your gallery!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it's gorgeous. I am normally not a big fan of halo's, more a single solitaire girl, but your ring is beautiful. Would you mind letting us know who made it. Some more pics would be great too (profile). :wavey:

lwiegand

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the very sweet comments! For those who asked, the vendor was a jeweler I have used before in Downtown LA: Bridal Rings Company. They have always been wonderful to work with and have always had a large selection of loose diamonds to see in house at any time.

lwiegand

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1436328036|3900216 said:
Yes, I would love to see sideshots of your gallery!

Here you go! I only have a couple pics on my PC at work.
Side note: I'm actually bringing it back to the shop so they can have their engraver file down the (milgrain) borders on the very outside of the halo. There is a little teeny lip that I can easily see between the pave set stones in the halo and the border. My FI and jeweler both say its not noticeable, but I notice it! So hopefully they will have no issue filing it down to make a little more flush for me.

img_0638.jpg
img_0639.jpg
img_0640.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! :love: Congratulations!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if I am bad at this but I would have said 2.75 to 3.00 cts!!! It looks huge and you have lovely hands with a beautiful ring :)

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring and welcome. It looks huge and i am not good at guessing either maybe 2-3cts, anyways beautiful coverage

subculture

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I would have guessed around 2 carats and it looks HUGE with the halo on top of it.
Lucky girl! Wear it in health :)
The detail work is so pretty

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results