shape
carat
color
clarity

My first LOGR! Review.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Today I finally got my LOGR semi mount after missing 2 deliveries. I won the ring at an auction in the $200's (I think the BIN price is in the $300's). I requested upgrade diamonds and resizing, the extra added 80% to the ring price. Shipping was extremely quick, 2 days to get to Australia excluding missed deliveries.

I think the diamonds does look better than the photo in the auction page, milgrain is mostly very pretty and the pave quite well done, polish is very nice. The sizing is a little off but I can wear the ring on my middle finger.

In all I am pleased with my purchase, my only concern is whether my 6.6mm stone will fit nicely, which I think it will but the benchperson will need to open the prongs up for it to fit I think. I'm new to buying semi mount so comments from my seasoned semi mounts buying PS friends will be most appreciated.

I plan to set my blue spinel in this ring but took photos (well DH did) with some of my other stones. He commented the ring's height was like the Empire State building (this is a very high ring), and he had a little chuckle when he saw LOGR's business card (Lord of Gem Rings).

Umm I just realised the gold content is 0.7g less than stated. Should I contact LOGR about it?

IMG_1224 (520x390).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This is my blue spinel with the ring, I couldn''t get it over the prongs.

IMG_1215 (520x390).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
With my lavender pink spinel

IMG_1219 (520x390).jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
thats a nice looking ring! I always like halo and high setting:)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CT!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG,
Just curious; how do you know the gold content of the ring is less than stated? If the ring was resized smaller, it’ll weigh lighter.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 7:40:52 AM
Author: Chrono
LG,
Just curious; how do you know the gold content of the ring is less than stated? If the ring was resized smaller, it’ll weigh lighter.
Ditto to what Chrono said. I had my resized and it ended up being a little bit lighter. This is not meant to come off rude in any way, but when buying a setting off ebay I think you need to realize that you are getting what you paid for so it if .7off I wouldn''t think twice about it. I have several settings by LOGR and unless the quality/workmanship is what you have an issue with- then I wouldn''t contact them or make a big deal about it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 7:40:52 AM
LG,
Hi Chrono, I weighted it and there''s a tag on the ring with the gold and diamond weight. Of course the ring will be lighter since I had it resized 2 sizes smaller
3.gif
, thanks for pointing that out to me. I am new to buying semi mounts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry if my question came across as rude or condescending; it was an honest question. So you are saying that the weight you measured did not match the tag? Is the weight listed on the tag less than what you saw on the website?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think both stones would look nice in the setting. Very nice setting by the way.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 8:08:19 AM
Sorry if my question came across as rude or condescending; it was an honest question. So you are saying that the weight you measured did not match the tag? Is the weight listed on the tag less than what you saw on the website?
The tag match the ring weight, the weight is less than the description on the website, which I now realise is due to resizing. There''s a little tag with the ring with the gold type and weight, diamond ct, colour and clarity, shape and size of the stone its for.

I don''t think you were rude or condescending. You are genuinely being helpful.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 8:18:53 AM
Author: oddoneout
I think both stones would look nice in the setting. Very nice setting by the way.
Thanks OOO, I''m pleased with this setting.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice, I love that setting too, I have been debating between that and another one of his for a ruby

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 9:31:50 AM
Author: autumngems
Nice, I love that setting too, I have been debating between that and another one of his for a ruby
Thanks AG.

If you''re interested my basket is 8mm high and the diamond circle is 10mm in diameter, this is for a 6.6mm round stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous mount, and you won it at a great price too. Congratulations!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice! your jeweler should be able to open the prongs a bit to get it in there. I had to do that with a couple of mine.

I think your spinel will look smashing in there.

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG- Lovely setting!! I really like both stones in there, however I am more drawn on the pastel lighter color stone in there more
30.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LG:

The blue spinel is going to look wonderful in that setting.

Thank you for your specific comments re LOGR. I had chosen the *exact* same semi mount you did (I have a 10.5 mm round peridot) but have not yet tried to buy it because I''m not really familiar with LOGR. So your comments/details were most welcome to those of us new to PS and wanting to try a LOGR setting. They certainly are affordable, which is important to me as right now I''m more into buying stones than really pricey settings for the stones.

Please post the rest of this ring''s journey as it goes along the way.

I''m wondering if jewelers are unpleasant about having a new customer bring in a semi mount and gem stone for setting, since they don''t get the work to generate the entire setting from the ground up...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 11:12:01 AM
Author: StonieGrl
Hi LG:

The blue spinel is going to look wonderful in that setting.

Thank you for your specific comments re LOGR. I had chosen the *exact* same semi mount you did (I have a 10.5 mm round peridot) but have not yet tried to buy it because I''m not really familiar with LOGR. So your comments/details were most welcome to those of us new to PS and wanting to try a LOGR setting. They certainly are affordable, which is important to me as right now I''m more into buying stones than really pricey settings for the stones.

Please post the rest of this ring''s journey as it goes along the way.

I''m wondering if jewelers are unpleasant about having a new customer bring in a semi mount and gem stone for setting, since they don''t get the work to generate the entire setting from the ground up...
StonieGrl - if you do a search on this forum you''ll see a ton of semi-mounts bought from LOGR. Generally, everybody has been pleased but if you''re sensitive to colour with your diamonds then upgrade! It does add to the cost. I''ve upgraded on some and not others (depending on my cash flow at the time)! All in all, I''ve been very happy.

LG - I''ve got a similar semi mount from LOGR with a blue sapphire and the diamonds seems to radiate off the blue and it looks gorgeous - I''d definitely set the spinel if I were you!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great advice, LovingDiamonds, I did that search and found so much to go with, thanks!
35.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:17:25 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Gorgeous mount, and you won it at a great price too. Congratulations!
Thanks TL, and I hope posting details including price it''ll be an useful addition to help with the evaluation of LOGR''s wares.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:57:13 AM
Author: Arcadian
very nice! your jeweler should be able to open the prongs a bit to get it in there. I had to do that with a couple of mine.

I think your spinel will look smashing in there.

-A
Thank you Arcadian, and thank you for answering my queston, I was a bit concern about it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T! The lavender pink spinel looks very nice too, I want to set that stone in rose gold though.
9.gif

Thanks SG, now I need to find someone to set my stone for me.

Thanks LD, my spinel is on the dark side but I hope the little diamonds will addd more sparkle to my stone.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for putting the blue spinel in that setting. I just love love love blue stones with diamond halos. Not that I''ve been influenced by PS or anything!
2.gif

Congrats on getting the setting at auction!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SH!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the blue spinel looks better. The pink seems to get lost in the setting because the colour is too "soft".

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 8:05:09 AM
I think the blue spinel looks better. The pink seems to get lost in the setting because the colour is too ''soft''.
Just your right the lav pink is a bit pale for this setting.

I''m impatient to get someone set my stone for me.
11.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
My ring is done.

IMG_1237 (520x390).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results