shape
carat
color
clarity

My firsrt potential princess stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I am currently looking for a princess cut between 1 and 1.6 carats, at least H color and at least SI1 eye clean. After going around to various local jewelers this is one of the better ones. What do you guys think about the diamond and the price?

1.33 carats
color G
VVS2
68% depth
79% table
thin to slightly thick girdle
culet, none
very good polish
very good symmetry
GIA cert.

It''s being offered to me at $7882. I might be able to negotiate lower, but not too much. The only reservations I have is the clarity. It looks beautiful but can I get a better price elsewhere with an SI1 eye clean? I appreciate any advice.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Whoops, sorry I forgot to mention the measurements.

6.57 x 6.15 x 4.18

Thanks.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fiancetobe,

The table is kinda big and as you''ve already mentioned VVS2 might be overkill. The stone''s also a little out of square.

With that said the price is very fair, the diamond has a very large look for it''s carat weight and the symmetry is much better than normal. An internet vendor might save you a couple hundred bucks or steer you towards a better diamond on paper, but if you''ve compared the diamond side by side to others and find it to be beautiful then I wouldn''t rule this stone out by any means. Buying from the store should also get you better negotiating power on the semi-mount as well as a place to return for cleaning and checking the prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results