shape
carat
color
clarity

My family has to put our yorkie down today ( very sad)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Strawberry is 9 years old, and the sweetest little girl. She was a gift to me for my 16th birthday, but my mother got so attach to her more then we all expected. When my family moved to AZ I wanted to have her, but my mom cried so I told her fine you can have her. I then got my little pixie. Strawberry moved with my family to AZ, and I stayed in new york.

Well she is really sick, and has lung cancer. She can''t breath or walk. My mom has to put her down, and my whole family is so devastated. I could only amagin what they must be feeling, and it breaks my heart. My mother told me she never though of how hard it is to let go. She is part of the family, and you love them so much like they are your child.

At this point I dont know what to say to ease the pain. I''m flying out there in 2 weeks so im glad I can be there to try to cheer them up. I was even thinking of bring pixie with me but im not sure if that would make it worse.

Is there anything I can do?

Please make a small prayer for strawberry today !

strawberry sm.JPG

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sending prayers for you, your family and sweet strawberry.

i have a yorkie too, and reading this makes me so sad. sigh.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so terribly sorry.....
emrose.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Our little furbabies leave pawprints on our hearts. Rest in peace little Strawberry.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t actually read your thread (I''m at work and don''t need to be sobbing uncontrollably) but I am so very sorry for your loss. Pets become such a large part of our lives and it is incredibly difficult when they leave us.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about little strawberry! It is the saddest part of having furbabies, we wil lall have to say goodbye to them much to soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest hugs outgoing to you and your family right now. I hope you will take comfort in the many happy years Strawberry had with your loving family.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about this - healing prayers and thoughts outgoing to your family, and please let your mom know that she is doing a beautiful and unselfish thing by freeing Strawberry from her pain and allowing her to pass with dignity, surrounded by those she knows and loves.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers to you, your family, and precious little Strawberry.

I do want to say that I had to put my dog down several years ago, and even though it was hard to see my Brigit go, it was a huge blessing to see her pass so quietly and peacefully. I had my hand on her the whole time, scratching her favourite spot, until the vet said she had passed.

Your family is doing the right thing, and I hope it will be a comfort to you to know how peaceful and calm it really is. It will be hard for your mom, but I think it will help her to be there, and giving Strawberry all her love up until (and past) the end.

*hugs*

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Thank You so much your your kind words, I feel my mother did the right thing.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that. Your mom definitely did the right thing for strawberry. Sending hugs

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
((((hugs))))
poor sweetheart--glad she won''t be in pain any longer.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So sorry...hugs to you

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Blissful, I am so very sorry!!!
39.gif

((((HUGS))))

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, that is so hard. The only thing that helped me when I had to put down my last beloved pup was reminiscing and looking at old pictures. Big hugs outgoing to you and your family!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
pets become such a big part of your family that you can''t imagine what it would be like without them.
i am so sorry to hear about Strawberry. i will be praying for your family.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, your story breaks my heart. I have a Yorkie too and so dread the day.

God bless your mother - it is so difficult to do the right thing sometimes. Just call her and tell her you love her. It''s just the being there for someone that means the most. You can''t take her pain away but you can be a comfort. You sound like such a caring daughter and even through her pain, this is very important to her.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Blissfulbride, I am soooo sorry about Strawberry
15.gif
My heart goes out to you and your family. As a survivor of an 8 year old Rottweiller that I grew up since I was 15, I know how devastating it is. Spike had bone cancer, and he was just wasting away. Even the vet told us that we would have to put him down. But there was no need, because he went peacefull in my parent''s house. Now, my husband and I have two yellow Labs that we love as our own children...and we can''t imagine losing them.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 9:41:56 AM
Author:blissfulbride
Strawberry is 9 years old, and the sweetest little girl. She was a gift to me for my 16th birthday, but my mother got so attach to her more then we all expected. When my family moved to AZ I wanted to have her, but my mom cried so I told her fine you can have her. I then got my little pixie. Strawberry moved with my family to AZ, and I stayed in new york.

Well she is really sick, and has lung cancer. She can''t breath or walk. My mom has to put her down, and my whole family is so devastated. I could only amagin what they must be feeling, and it breaks my heart. My mother told me she never though of how hard it is to let go. She is part of the family, and you love them so much like they are your child.

At this point I dont know what to say to ease the pain. I''m flying out there in 2 weeks so im glad I can be there to try to cheer them up. I was even thinking of bring pixie with me but im not sure if that would make it worse.

Is there anything I can do?

Please make a small prayer for strawberry today !

Gosh, that photo just made me cry....
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results