shape
carat
color
clarity

My extraordinary promise ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 10:34:45 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
HOLY SH@! if thats the promise ring, you better start working out to be able to hold up the real er. its beautiful. when do you think an engagement will happen? what did your family say about that rock?

I am not sure an engagement will be happening anytime too soon, we have never discussed that, but I have also just embarked on a new career in priority banking and would definitely like some time to develope that aspect for the time being.

My family has been pretty cool about the whole thing, my mother did ask whether I was engaed though!

But overall, very good response to the rock, both my brother and dad (both typically don''t-care-type of men) were even compliemntary!
25.gif

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 1:13:20 PM
Author: jamie73
WOW!
30.gif
what kind of promise is he making?!

it''s beautiful!
I think he is making a pretty good promise no?
31.gif

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 1:37:24 PM
Author: snlee
Wow, that''s the most gorgeous promise ring I''ve ever seen! I still can''t get over it - 2.04, D, VVS2 for a promise ring!? It''s beautiful.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You''re one lucky lady!

Does he plan to upgrade this diamond when you guys get engaged? I can''t imagine what you''ll be getting later for an engagement ring!

What size do you wear?
Thanks snlee! I wear a size 4.5 on the ring finger.

No plans for engagement yet, but i certainly do hope there will be an upgrade for the ''real'' ring if it ever happens!

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 3:06:36 PM
Author: surfgirl
Lovely ring! But I have to echo diamondseeker...It''s not a promise ring, it''s a full on ering. Does he realize that? Maybe you''re engaged and you dont know it yet
31.gif
Thanks Risingsun and surfgirl!

Yes I am pretty sure it is only a promise ring
25.gif

SO was quite clear on that....he knows I am not ready for any too-serious commitment like engagement, so he so sweet when he gave it to me.
He said " I am not trying scare you off, but I just want to give you this. This is something pretty for you to wear and think of me whenever it sparkles, and as a promise of better times to come"
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez...what is your ering going to look like?!? I agree with DS though. People will think you are engaged (not that that is a bad thing).

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
With a promise ring like that, I would very happily skip the e-ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is some promise ring, very pretty, heck it is much bigger then my E-ring...congrats
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
holy moly!!! that guy is a keeper!
2.gif
beautiful ring
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, that is one amazing promise ring!!!! Holy cow! Congratulations, I can''t wait to see what he comes up with for your e-ring!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
well, perhaps if you wear it on your right hand people wont mistake it as easily for an ering? Just a thought...What hand are you wearing it on?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wow!!!!!

that''s

SOME

promise!!!!!

wow!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 9:17:41 PM
Author: diamondringlover
Wow, that is some promise ring, very pretty, heck it is much bigger then my E-ring...congrats
36.gif

DITTO!!!! Congrats on the monster promise ring. I''m sure it broke some PS record on promise ring. I think the largest one that I recall was ~0.75ct.

It looks gorgeous!!!! Yummo.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
HOLY SH@! if thats the promise ring, you better start working out to be able to hold up the real er. its beautiful. when do you think an engagement will happen? what did your family say about that rock?
NYC you took the words right out of my mouth!!! HOLY SH@@!

Faeriee, You are one lucky lady!!! That is one drop dead gorgeous Promise Ring!!! I absoutely cannot wait to see your ERING!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Your ring is magnificent
30.gif
36.gif

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 10:05:01 PM
Author: surfgirl
well, perhaps if you wear it on your right hand people wont mistake it as easily for an ering? Just a thought...What hand are you wearing it on?

I wear it on my left hand. I know, big reason for the misunderstanding, but it wouldn''t fit on any other finger!

SO sorta guess-timated my ring size, and for some reason he thinks I have tiny fingers...which is sorta true, except I have big knuckles! I originally put the ring unto the right hand, and it was uncomfortably tight! (in fact, had to use soap to get it off fat knuckles!)

I want to wear it on my middle finger, so I think I will be looking at a resize pretty soon. but for now, I think it is too pretty to allow it to leave my fingers for too long!!!

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 4:29:03 AM
Author: whenharrymetsally

NYC you took the words right out of my mouth!!! HOLY SH@@!

Faeriee, You are one lucky lady!!! That is one drop dead gorgeous Promise Ring!!! I absoutely cannot wait to see your ERING!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you all for the lovely compliments!

Alot of my friends have trouble processing this ring too, because the first thing that they all asked me was whether i secret got engaged without telling them like the moment it had happened (would have been in BIG trouble with the girls if I had neglected to informed them of this)!

But once the interrogation was over, they all ooohed and ahhhed over it, and made me stand in the sun so that they could see it''s white sparkle!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A. 2. carat. promise. ring. Somebody. slap. me. I''m. hallucinating.

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You are one lucky girl - that is an amazing ''promise'' you have there!!!!
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful ring!

I really admire your decision to settle into your career before getting married, ESPECIALLY with that beautiful ring your SO gave you. Like many have said, your engagement ring will be stunning, but I am sure not especially appropriate for everyday wear. At least you can wear your promise ring if you are uncomfortable wearing your engagement ring, which is not a bad thing! :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fabulous!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 12:11:20 PM
Author: FireGoddess
A. 2. carat. promise. ring. Somebody. slap. me. I'm. hallucinating.

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You are one lucky girl - that is an amazing 'promise' you have there!!!!
36.gif

slap.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-its stunning!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
W*O*W, that is absolutely delicious!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring. Whatever he gave it to you for - it is just lovely and magnificent. Tell you one thing, he certainly goes for the high quality item! That is a great ring and if it morphs into an engagement ring that fine, and if it stays as a beautiful gift, that''s fine too! Enjoy it.

PS, Where is that pook in the background? Is it a resort? It looks so nice!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 1:13:20 PM
Author: jamie73
WOW!
30.gif
what kind of promise is he making?!

it''s beautiful!
That''s what I was thinking...promise for what?
31.gif
If he ever promises you the moon, check the trunk of his car...it''s probably there!...lol

Seriously, we are all just blown away by this beautiful ring. It is absolutely gorgeous and looks fantastic on your hand. Enjoy!

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, extraordinary promise ring is an understatement. It is lovely. Wear it in happiness. :)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 6:23:12 PM
Author: Beacon
What a stunning ring. Whatever he gave it to you for - it is just lovely and magnificent. Tell you one thing, he certainly goes for the high quality item! That is a great ring and if it morphs into an engagement ring that fine, and if it stays as a beautiful gift, that''s fine too! Enjoy it.
I know - it''s cold and raining here, so that pool looks pretty divine!

Lovely ring - WOW! I hope your guy makes good on his promise!
2.gif

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
19.gif

Date: 5/21/2007 12:55:20 PM
Author: omieluv

Beautiful ring!

I really admire your decision to settle into your career before getting married, ESPECIALLY with that beautiful ring your SO gave you. Like many have said, your engagement ring will be stunning, but I am sure not especially appropriate for everyday wear. At least you can wear your promise ring if you are uncomfortable wearing your engagement ring, which is not a bad thing! :)

Thank you omieluv, I just feel that developing my career is really important for me at this point of my life. SO is successful, but I just think that being independently successful on my own is crucial as well!

I am wearing my promise ring everyday now, and even now, I sometimes think it is still a bit ''flashy'' for daily wear....so if I do ever get a bigger rock (fingers crossed!!
31.gif
) I''ll probably keep it for more special occasions.

Faeriee

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 6:23:12 PM
Author: Beacon

Hiya Beacon, the pool is below my apartment, I was leaning out of the window trying to get some sunlight onto the diamond! Thank goodness I didn''t fall over, as I was so engrossed in getting some decent pictures!
25.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 6:12:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Holy moley.......................
23.gif
30.gif
23.gif

Its just beautiful.. I can''t imagine what your engagement ring would look like... that''s some promise ring.. mine was silver with a small emerald cut blue topaz.. it came from Disneyland. LOL
9.gif
I know, my promise ring was 0.17 carat diamond with tiny melee on the sides.

Faeriee, it really is quite lovely.

Are you sure your SO hasn''t tricked you into being basically engaged with all but the title? He sounds very sweet and like he knows how you need to take baby steps. He sounds like a keeper!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.

Well, all I can say is that when I was dating over twenty years ago we didn''t have promise rings. And when my husband -- I mean ex-husband -- proposed, he did so with a 1/3 carat round diamond set in a yellow gold tiffany-style generic ring.

Wow.

You''re one lucky girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results