shape
carat
color
clarity

My experience thus far

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe their little picture of the diamond is 10x and then if you Zoom it's 40x mag or something like that.

Do not rule out a stone based upon the 10x or 40x mag...my SI2 had visible inclusions in the 40x mag but it's 99.9999% eye clean and I can only ever pick out the small black spec at the right angle which is almost never.

Definitely taught me a thing or two...in the past I'd only consider extra clean looking mags but those mags really do blow up the inclusions which are miniscule in person for the most part!

--Still lovin' that 1.27 H with med blue fluor!!

mrssalvo, if ya want it, put it on HOLD!!!
2.gif
i always tell people to put a diamond on hold if you are considering it (vendors usually will for a day or two)...otherwise you just never know! esp around here with all the diamond nuts like us.
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMIGOSH -- that 1.27 w/ the med flourescence looks GORGEOUS! SOMEBODY-- ANYBODY!
2.gif
GIVE IT A HAPPY HOME, PLEASE! Cause if you don't, I might have to -- and I don't need it and can't afford it right now, either!!!
9.gif
But oh man, it looks like SUCH a killer!

Also, my 2 cents regarding # of prongs. I'm with Mara there, too. I LOVE 4 prongs on RBs. (On all sizes of stones. Period!)
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Lynn

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AChiOAlumna -

Where are the pics from that you posted? I really like that first one!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 9:57:55 PM
Author: ecf8503
AChiOAlumna -

Where are the pics from that you posted? I really like that first one!

I downloaded them from the Robbins Bros. Website. I don''t have the SKU numbers anymore, but if you go to "Engagement Rings" and then to Search, you''ll see parameters...I chose the pull-down menus:

Round
Platinum
Unique

And there''s about 72 pages wrth of selection! It''ll be somewhere in the middle pages...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 8:40:19 PM
Author: Mara
I believe their little picture of the diamond is 10x and then if you Zoom it''s 40x mag or something like that.

Do not rule out a stone based upon the 10x or 40x mag...my SI2 had visible inclusions in the 40x mag but it''s 99.9999% eye clean and I can only ever pick out the small black spec at the right angle which is almost never.

Definitely taught me a thing or two...in the past I''d only consider extra clean looking mags but those mags really do blow up the inclusions which are miniscule in person for the most part!

--Still lovin'' that 1.27 H with med blue fluor!!

2.gif
i always tell people to put a diamond on hold if you are considering it (vendors usually will for a day or two)...otherwise you just never know! esp around here with all the diamond nuts like us. [:bigsmile:
]

oh, i so wish i could. hubby has requested to choose the upgrade solo, so i''ve had to back out. of coure,emailing him the link never hurts
31.gif
a girl can only dream
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 10:23:22 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/8/2005 8:40:19 PM
Author: Mara
I believe their little picture of the diamond is 10x and then if you Zoom it''s 40x mag or something like that.

Do not rule out a stone based upon the 10x or 40x mag...my SI2 had visible inclusions in the 40x mag but it''s 99.9999% eye clean and I can only ever pick out the small black spec at the right angle which is almost never.

Definitely taught me a thing or two...in the past I''d only consider extra clean looking mags but those mags really do blow up the inclusions which are miniscule in person for the most part!

--Still lovin'' that 1.27 H with med blue fluor!!

2.gif
i always tell people to put a diamond on hold if you are considering it (vendors usually will for a day or two)...otherwise you just never know! esp around here with all the diamond nuts like us. [:bigsmile:
]

oh, i so wish i could. hubby has requested to choose the upgrade solo, so i''ve had to back out. of coure,emailing him the link never hurts
31.gif
a girl can only dream
1.gif

Hehehe - give *me* his email address and I''ll email him for ya!

Seriously, wouldn''t worry about the inclusions on this one. As mara noted, the front page pic is 10x mag. Now hold your hand up to your computer screen and look how ENORMOUS that is compared to your hand. Now imagine that diamond shrunk down to fit your finger. You''d likely NEVER see the inclusions.

Again, WF can vouch for its eyecleanliness or not, but I''d consider that stone a *primary* contender.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results