shape
carat
color
clarity

My experience (so far) with Takaramonobr

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thoughts- really terrible name, but anyway… I’d been following this company for months on IG. They do post some lovely things, and they have a decent, English website. They posted a net pearl necklace, with a 14-15mm pearl, at a decent price, so I was hooked. They were very responsive and sweet on direct message, postage is free, though taxes are not. They accept PayPal. So far, so good, will update when my pearl in 18ct gold net appears…….

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it! Is there a link to their post of the net necklace?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it! Is there a link to their post of the net necklace?

Thank you! The necklace was on their IG stories so not sure if it’s still visible. They said that some of the pieces (they had earrings too) might appear on the website.

missliberia

Rough_Rock
I have purchased about 6 items from them. Their craftsmanship is ok... I have a tin cup necklace with gold dots which bracket the pearls. The brackets move all around the necklace. Their earring backs are terrible quality as info but yes, they are very sweet during messaging.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased about 6 items from them. Their craftsmanship is ok... I have a tin cup necklace with gold dots which bracket the pearls. The brackets move all around the necklace. Their earring backs are terrible quality as info but yes, they are very sweet during messaging.

You don’t sound like you’re very happy with the purchases? Mine has hit a snag in that once I’d paid they said the necklace was sold out! I’m waiting for more to be made and they did offer a refund but it’s not exactly confidence inspiring.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Troubling. Are the pearls as nice as the images would imply?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You don’t sound like you’re very happy with the purchases? Mine has hit a snag in that once I’d paid they said the necklace was sold out! I’m waiting for more to be made and they did offer a refund but it’s not exactly confidence inspiring.

I’m pretty sure a friend bought a strand from them and was underwhelmed by what she received and felt the photos were flattering to say the least. Ill check I’m not mis-remembering and will either update here or see if she’s happy to stop in to comment so you could take them up on the refund option if desired.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had a PS friend choose not to move forward with a purchase from this vendor.

I don’t know if she’s active on PS any more, but I’m sure she won’t mind be me sharing a very minimal story - she mentioned she had enquired about Ten-nyo pearls and this vendor had declined to give a more in-depth opinion or take additional photos, explaining that they were all Ten-nyo and all clearly lustrous in the photos already posted on IG.

She has a very keen eye for pearls and knows that not all Ten-nyo are equal, and so she decided against working further with them. Nothing dishonest or unethical, just clearly not a great client/vendor fit.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also had a PS friend choose not to move forward with a purchase from this vendor.

I don’t know if she’s active on PS any more, but I’m sure she won’t mind be me sharing a very minimal story - she mentioned she had enquired about Ten-nyo pearls and this vendor had declined to give a more in-depth opinion or take additional photos, explaining that they were all Ten-nyo and all clearly lustrous in the photos already posted on IG.

She has a very keen eye for pearls and knows that not all Ten-nyo are equal, and so she decided against working further with them. Nothing dishonest or unethical, just clearly not a great client/vendor fit.

thank you for your friend’s story. I had my eye on a pair of light blue Tahitians….

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure a friend bought a strand from them and was underwhelmed by what she received and felt the photos were flattering to say the least. Ill check I’m not mis-remembering and will either update here or see if she’s happy to stop in to comment so you could take them up on the refund option if desired.

FYI it was definitely this vendor.

catintern

Rough_Rock
Seems like one of those factory vendors from china, if they're not based in HK I kind of worry about the quality/authenticity especially at that price point. I actually bought something from them once, and they cancelled my order with no warning. They did give a refund, but removed the item from the site.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well….. it has arrived! After a 3 week wait to have it made, then a 7 day Fedex journey around Europe, the pendant made it to the U.K.

And I’m very happy with it. The pearl is huge and round, creamy with pinky tones, as described. The surface is clean and although the lustre is not sharp, it is certainly as pictured in the photos on IG. I did ask for, and was sent other photos, which allowed me to see what to expect. The net is nicely made and marked for 18k. The chain is adjustable too.

My only negative comment- I asked, and was assured the net was yellow gold, however, it’s not! While it is a muted, less coppery rose, it is definitely rose gold. However, it is very pretty and matches the pearl, and I’m not sending it back!

Overall, I am happy with my experience with this vendor. I feel I got what I paid for. My photo taking abilities are terrible but here’s one to show how it turned out,

74702507-51E5-4605-A821-C7F4864A601A.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well….. it has arrived! After a 3 week wait to have it made, then a 7 day Fedex journey around Europe, the pendant made it to the U.K.

And I’m very happy with it. The pearl is huge and round, creamy with pinky tones, as described. The surface is clean and although the lustre is not sharp, it is certainly as pictured in the photos on IG. I did ask for, and was sent other photos, which allowed me to see what to expect. The net is nicely made and marked for 18k. The chain is adjustable too.

My only negative comment- I asked, and was assured the net was yellow gold, however, it’s not! While it is a muted, less coppery rose, it is definitely rose gold. However, it is very pretty and matches the pearl, and I’m not sending it back!

Overall, I am happy with my experience with this vendor. I feel I got what I paid for. My photo taking abilities are terrible but here’s one to show how it turned out,

Thank you for sharing! It looks beautiful on you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

defiantly rose gold on my phone
but it looks like it suits the pearl perfectly
its lovelly
im so happy you love it as that's the most important thing

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! I know you said the metal isn’t what you wanted but the rosey tone suits you well and the net drapes really nicely.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That metal colour looks really pretty on you. Ditto lissyflo!!

And I'm glad to hear everything ended up as expected!! That's great news, package world tour aside - shipping is such a mess right now!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks lovely ! And the Rose Gold looks very pretty.... a surprise for sure but I'm glad it worked out well !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results