shape
carat
color
clarity

My ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 10:55:43 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 5/23/2007 1:04:58 AM

Author: Rachie

Thanks blingergrrrl! I will attach some pics of the stone loose so that you can see it a little better. I purchased it through adiamor.com but I found it on jamesallen.com first. Adiamor was a few hundred cheaper. I looked at so many different cushions before deciding on this one. When I was looking, I wrote down some of the specs from the different cushions that I liked on this website for reference. I knew that I wanted a rectangular cushion for sure. I also went with a company that has a great return policy (most do now I think) so that I could return it if I wanted to! Anyways, here are a couple pics of it loose.

This is a pic from the first day I got it. There is a bowtie, but it is dark b/c I was wearing a dark shirt. When I wear light colored shirts, it is the color of the shirt.

I''m so glad to have company in the elongated cushion loving dept :) And in the non-hating bowtie dept :D I have a theory about that.... bowties are known to be obstruction zones... but on both the IS and ASET my stone had the strongest light return in that area.... which leads me to think that some ''bowties'' are truly deadzones and others are reflecting zones. Mine, and apparently yours, reflect what they see... not darkness unless its a dark shirt. I''m curious to pursue this theory.....

My little "batman" wings as I call them aren''t really a bowtie in the middle (and they''re soo teensy) but they ALSO reflect back what they see instead of being "dead". I could never have a cushion with a much bigger area like that though, because I have almost black hair so it almost always is reflecting dark back to me!
7.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 11:04:50 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/23/2007 10:55:43 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 5/23/2007 1:04:58 AM

Author: Rachie

Thanks blingergrrrl! I will attach some pics of the stone loose so that you can see it a little better. I purchased it through adiamor.com but I found it on jamesallen.com first. Adiamor was a few hundred cheaper. I looked at so many different cushions before deciding on this one. When I was looking, I wrote down some of the specs from the different cushions that I liked on this website for reference. I knew that I wanted a rectangular cushion for sure. I also went with a company that has a great return policy (most do now I think) so that I could return it if I wanted to! Anyways, here are a couple pics of it loose.

This is a pic from the first day I got it. There is a bowtie, but it is dark b/c I was wearing a dark shirt. When I wear light colored shirts, it is the color of the shirt.

I''m so glad to have company in the elongated cushion loving dept :) And in the non-hating bowtie dept :D I have a theory about that.... bowties are known to be obstruction zones... but on both the IS and ASET my stone had the strongest light return in that area.... which leads me to think that some ''bowties'' are truly deadzones and others are reflecting zones. Mine, and apparently yours, reflect what they see... not darkness unless its a dark shirt. I''m curious to pursue this theory.....

My little ''batman'' wings as I call them aren''t really a bowtie in the middle (and they''re soo teensy) but they ALSO reflect back what they see instead of being ''dead''. I could never have a cushion with a much bigger area like that though, because I have almost black hair so it almost always is reflecting dark back to me!
7.gif
Yeah I could see that... I have opposite coloring so the colors reflected back are almost always very lively and light other than that I do wear a lot of black and on those days the effect is definitely dark. I do wonder though if some rings really do have a real dead zone or if they''re always just reflecting the colors they see.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I also have dark hair, but it doesn''t really reflect that. Just mostly the color of the shirt that I am wearing.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Were you in on the planning of your ring? It''s unique with those peridots on top of the prongs. Makes me want to Google Vera Wang and see her rings. I''m not up on what the designers are doing since I just got divorced and am nowhere near engaged and studying up on engagement rings. But anyway, peridot is my birthstone too so I really like seeing the green on your ring. Antique style eternity rings on either side with alternating peridot and diamond would look awesome as wedding rings. Maybe something like millgraining around each individual bezel set stone, if you know what I mean.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Rachie, thank you so much for the extra pictures! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I'm having trouble logging on to pricescope lately. Your stone is gorgeous! I LOVE the facet pattern so that settles it! I'm SOLD! :) Did you get a chance to compare it to the OMC style cushion in your same carat range? Was the difference quite apparent? (BTW, I am also going the I/J med/strong blue flour route! I LOVE flour!)

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
What a very unique ring! It''s lovely!
10.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks really nice.

I just love a rectangular cushion I with Fluor.
9.gif

Could you take and post some photos that show the facet pattern better? Or zoom in on the stone in the "hand shot" picture? I''d really like a better look at your stone''s facets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results