shape
carat
color
clarity

My emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful emerald!!!
As stated --> please wear it and enjoy it! It is a shame to have it and not wear it...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 10:27:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Okay, I just got the Ronald Ringsun book in the mail today and it inspired me to try and take more photos of my emerald. I love it so much more now after gazing over the photos in the book.
3.gif
If you love emeralds, or green gems, GET THIS BOOK!!

Here''s my emerald in the best photo I think I''ve taken so far. You can see into it and the facets. I know it looks black in this picture, but if you saw it IRL, it''s a very intense green with a touch of blue.
TL, I know what you mean about the pics not doing the stone any justice. It''s so hard to accurately photograph the true hues of greens and how rich and vibrant they look in real life.

But your emerald looks gorgeous, and I can tell from the pics that it would have that rich, bluish green color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2010 11:31:34 AM
Author: platinumrock

Okay, I just got the Ronald Ringsun book in the mail today and it inspired me to try and take more photos of my emerald. I love it so much more now after gazing over the photos in the book.
3.gif

Here''s my emerald in the best photo I think I''ve taken so far. You can see into it and the facets. I know it looks black in this picture, but if you saw it IRL, it''s a very intense green with a touch of blue.

TL, I know what you mean about the pics not doing the stone any justice. It''s so hard to accurately photograph the true hues of greens and how rich and vibrant they look in real life.

But your emerald looks gorgeous, and I can tell from the pics that it would have that rich, bluish green color.

Thank you PR,
It''s so frustrating with this stone. Unless you''ve seen a deep saturated emerald in person, you can''t really get an idea of what this might look like IRL. In the new book I purchased, the author states it''s very common to see extinction in highly saturated emeralds, and it actually adds to their sleepy and velvety appearance. It''s one of the few stones you want to see extinction in, if it''s very saturated of course. Well, I hope this was an educational thread on emeralds. There''s so few emerald threads that I hope that this provided some helpful information about them, and that book is really a must for any emerald collector, like myself. I have six emeralds, some set, and some loose.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 1:40:23 PM

Date: 4/2/2010 11:31:34 AM

3.gif

Thank you PR,
It''s so frustrating with this stone. Unless you''ve seen a deep saturated emerald in person, you can''t really get an idea of what this might look like IRL. In the new book I purchased, the author states it''s very common to see extinction in highly saturated emeralds, and it actually adds to their sleepy and velvety appearance. It''s one of the few stones you want to see extinction in, if it''s very saturated of course. Well, I hope this was an educational thread on emeralds. There''s so few emerald threads that I hope that this provided some helpful information about them, and that book is really a must for any emerald collector, like myself. I have six emeralds, some set, and some loose.
Wow, 6 emeralds?
6.gif

Would it be too much to ask for an emerald family photo? I''d love to see them.

And yes, this has been a very educational thread. Now I have an idea of what to look for when I do get an emerald.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love the color - it is sooo beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

PR, I will do a photo shoot soon with my six emeralds. It''s a good idea since they all vary in saturation and clarity, and I think it would be interesting to see. They are all supposedly Colombian as well. I just hope my camera cooperates.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 3:33:40 PM

PR, I will do a photo shoot soon with my six emeralds. It''s a good idea since they all vary in saturation and clarity, and I think it would be interesting to see. They are all supposedly Colombian as well. I just hope my camera cooperates.
Thanks TL! I can''t wait to see them! Can you even do a fluoro shot?
12.gif

By the way, did you go to Home Depot yet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 2:06:15 PM

PR, I will do a photo shoot soon with my six emeralds. It's a good idea since they all vary in saturation and clarity, and I think it would be interesting to see. They are all supposedly Colombian as well. I just hope my camera cooperates.

Thanks TL! I can't wait to see them! Can you even do a fluoro shot?
12.gif

No, it's not on my "exciting list of things to do" outings. LOL!! However, it's one of DH's hangouts, so I'm sure I'll be there soon.

The fluor is very week, and my camera doesn't do a good job taking fluorescent photos. It does glow red under the chelsea filter though.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 2:12:34 PM

12.gif

No, it''s not on my ''exciting list of things to do'' outings. LOL!! However, it''s one of DH''s hangouts, so I''m sure I''ll be there soon.

The fluor is very week, and my camera doesn''t do a good job taking fluorescent photos. It does glow red under the chelsea filter though.
No problem TL. Send them all to me - my camera does photograph emeralds well (and captures fluor)! Job done!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 2:16:15 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 4/4/2010 2:12:34 PM

12.gif

No, it''s not on my ''exciting list of things to do'' outings. LOL!! However, it''s one of DH''s hangouts, so I''m sure I''ll be there soon.

The fluor is very week, and my camera doesn''t do a good job taking fluorescent photos. It does glow red under the chelsea filter though.
No problem TL. Send them all to me - my camera does photograph emeralds well (and captures fluor)! Job done!
You can both send your stones to me and I can take fluoro pics for you. And it comes with a detailed analysis.
31.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous stone! I''ve never seen a color like that...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR *gets boxing gloves on* I asked first!
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s on now!
11.gif

*gets in a Kung Fu pose*

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*gets the nunchucks out*

I''m ready!
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Is that Liz Taylor wearing her Taylor-Burton necklace?
23.gif

*steals LD''s jewelry box and hides*

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol, this thread has gotten silly
37.gif

TL, I know you''ll come up with something fabulous for your emerald. It sounds heavenly. I am in the camp who has never really seen a high quality emerald- but- I would love to. If I was softer on my hands I would definitely start feeding my piggy bank so I could add one to my slowly growing collection
41.gif

good luck finding the perfect setting
1.gif

I will have to look into getting that book you mentioned too
34.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 4:33:41 PM
Author: kas baby
lol, this thread has gotten silly
37.gif

TL, I know you'll come up with something fabulous for your emerald. It sounds heavenly. I am in the camp who has never really seen a high quality emerald- but- I would love to. If I was softer on my hands I would definitely start feeding my piggy bank so I could add one to my slowly growing collection
41.gif

good luck finding the perfect setting
1.gif

I will have to look into getting that book you mentioned too
34.gif

Thanks again to everyone that commented.

Kas,
Thank you for the lovely words.

As for durability, I was reading Ronald's book, and he considers them very durable if you get ones that are clean, and have very little surface cracks (minor or moderate enhancement). Like any gem, you don't want to bang them around, but they are no less durable than other forms of beryl if you do have a pretty clean stone. I hope you saw the link I gave to the sample chapter to this book on the prior page of this thread. It's an awesome book, get it from Barnes & Noble though. You will save some money off the list price. At least I did at the time I purchased it, and free shipping too!!

LD, PR,
As much as I'd love to send the stone to you two, it was a bit nerve wracking sending it to Joshua. I don't like sending valuable objects in the mail for good reason. Then when I found out what he thought it was worth, um, well, it's not going anywhere now!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results