color
clarity

My emerald is here! Guidance welcome!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
I also kind of think it's over blue...

And so it's going back...sigh.

When I opened the box, I thought "wow, so pretty and glowy", but the more I looked at it the more I realized it would probably end up sitting in my jewelery box as I much prefer my tsav. I guess I fall in the tsav camp for now! Maybe one day when my budget allows, I'll find an emerald that convinces me to switch sides. Guess for now I'll save my pennies. One of my fav vendors is cutting a tsav so maybe I'll see if that tickles me more...

I think it's pretty but I'm a sucker for almost all green stones. It's best you decided to return it. I don't have a faceted emerald or tsav but I have cabs and I'm still in the emerald camp. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get a faceted tsavorite and emerald...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I suspect a lot of people are in the tsavorite camp because perhaps they have never seen a truly fine fine emerald. I can understand why when the market is proliferated with mediocre to semi-decent emeralds. Of course, I could be wrong. I just find nothing to be like an emerald in the world of green stones, JMO. I'm not saying tsavorite is worse than emerald, it's just different.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed TL. Color aside, I think I just prefer the hard sparkle of the tsav to the satiny glow of the emerald.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results