shape
carat
color
clarity

My E-ring, wedding ring, and 10 others... :P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
This is continued from a post I had in Hangout - and I included some more stuff...! I am wanting to remount my e-ring (I know already ~ DH is a little hurt
15.gif
~ but I REALLY want a halo with a split shank (kinda like LeAnn Rimes ring but mine is RB).
E-ring specs: GIA - VVS1 - G: 3.3 ct
Setting: Tacori: Platinum - VVS1 - G - .92ct (I think .92 ct, I can''t remember for sure anymore but the setting is on most sites that have Tacori).
Wedding ring: Tacori Eternity - Platinum - VVS1 - F to G - 2.0ct (I think 2.0ct, - same as above).
The other rings are random ones (the three on my pinkie are from my parents from over the years - they were my RHRs), the middle ring was a gift from my parents for my 21st bday (it is old mine cut and antique - so the sparkle is different but I love the history), and two others...Yay for bling!!!
36.gif

8Rings.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Another view - ack! - these were taken indoors and so some don''t look so sparkly in the pics...

8ringsside.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
one more...

8rings2a.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Peridot, Garnet, and Sapphire
Peridot - about 5+ cts with a little over 1 ct diamonds surrounding, Garnet - I don''t remember at all!, Sapphire - about 2 cts, unheated, I don''t remember the rest! This was a gift a couple Christmas''s back when DH was just BF! lol , and DH has the paper locked up somewhere.

PGSringsJB.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
My beloved Cartier Trinity...!
30.gif

CartierJBTrinity.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few close ups of the E-ring --- I love it because DH picked it out...he really liked the heart prongs and the hearts on the sides in the basket area - I think the sentiment is sweet - - - BUT I CANNOT EVER get it clean...I have the ultrasonic AND that steam machine thing that the jewelers have - it drives me crazy. I also knock it about pretty good, as it is set super high by virtue of the design. I would love to hear what any PSers with halos, esp set flush, think. How are they to clean? Does the grass just seem greener on the other side?! I also love the look of a halo as it make the diamond seem bigger...
31.gif
- Seeing all the pics in these PS forums keep making me want it to look BIGGER!

JBeringprofile.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
another view...

JBeringcloserup.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the blast of posts and all the pics - but you guys said there was no such thing as too many pics!...last one...

JBeringside.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rings, Jennifer!!
30.gif
30.gif

As far a resetting your e-ring...it's totally a personal thing but I wouldn't halo it. That honkin' stone looks stunning on your small finger the way it is. In looking at the side view, could your stone be lowered a bit in it's current setting? I agree it looks a bit too high but I bet it could come down some... Having said that, if you're really aching for a change, go for it... but I still don't think I'd do a halo.

By the way - I absolutely love the antique one you got for your 21st. Scrumptious...

ETA: In looking at your e-ring again, it seems as though you could probably change the head to a lower, more swoopy one, ala Mark Morrell. It would give that gorgeous, squatty, spready look to that already huge boulder...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your band and ring too! so pretty, you have a great collection.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like your engagement ring and wedding band! (Not to mention all those other beauties!) I would try to get the stone lowered first before you reset it and see how you like it...but that''s just because I think your set is gorgeous!

Of course, a split shank halo would be amazing as well! As far as the halo goes, I agree with Peachy that it can sometimes look like too much with a large round, but I think if you kept the halo stones (and the split shank stones) small and subtle you would be just fine! (Like firegoddess'' beautiful pear halo-check it out if you haven''t seen it!)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
your ring collection is beautiful!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful!!! And there really is no such thing as too many pictures.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 11:30:59 AM
Author: KimberlyH
So beautiful!!! And there really is no such thing as too many pictures.
ditto!! awesome jewelry - love the garnet... need more pics of your necklace!!!!!!! :)

richipat

Rough_Rock
(insert cuss word here) Honey!
What a fabulous collection. I agree with some of the others -- let the big rock stand alone.
And I love collection of colored genstones -- why you have something to match your every mood.
Thanks for sharing.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings are GORGEOUS!!!

But really, I would NEVER halo that gorgeous RB. If you want to reset it I would just get a more delicate, maybe pave setting and have the stone set lower. If you halo it that stunning RB won''t be the star anymore!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 11:55:02 AM
Author: neatfreak
Your rings are GORGEOUS!!!

But really, I would NEVER halo that gorgeous RB. If you want to reset it I would just get a more delicate, maybe pave setting and have the stone set lower. If you halo it that stunning RB won''t be the star anymore!
I kinda like those I think its tacori? 1 point halos.... they''re soooooooo thin they just adorn the stone. Its funny because I almost like halos more the bigger the stone gets LOL but it depends on the type of halo :)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT''S what I''m talkin'' about.
9.gif

Blingtastic!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow girl, you''ve got a gorgeous collection. I love it all.

as for the reset, it really is your decision. I have never been a fan of haloing large round stones until I saw a Michael B 2 carat round in a halo a couple of weeks ago and it was just drop dead stunning. the halo was very delicate though and didn''t distract from the stone, so I think the key if you reset is making sure the halo and bands stay thin for the setting. I''d probably go with Leon Mege if I was going custom to do something. You''re set really is so pretty though and it''s so sweet that your hubby picked it out for you giving some sentimental value to it (which I like) anyway, it will be fun to see your journey if/when you decide to reset!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE your e-ring! The rest of your collection is beautiful as well! As far as resetting your e-ring, I would not halo it. I think it''s just stunning and I love the band on it. Lower it maybe as someone else suggested, but I think the setting is just perfect for it. I love the heart prongs.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mark Turnowski at engagment rings direct makes some lovely very thin halos. I also love halos and think your stone would look lovely with a very delicate halo and thin pave band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, there''s no way I''d get rid of a gorgeous Tacori setting! At the most, I might send it back to Tacori for a new head that would allow for easier cleaning, but you have an almost perfect setting now, and I wouldn''t change it! Save the halo for another colored stone RHR!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous collection!! Your e-ring is stunning! I agree with others that think that a halo is a little overkill on a 3+ stone. How about a split shank if you want something a little more fancy?

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Wow~ waht a stunning colletion.
& I have to say that I LOVE~~~~ your Tacori e-ring. The setting is so beautiful. The heart prongs are lovely.
You really wanna halo a 3ct? I think that might overwhelm the beauty of this huge rock.....
The solatire setting with those sparking side stones just looks perfect to me
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Pretty collection! And I vote for your ring to stay as is. Halo a RHR instead!

cheers--Sharon

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments and advice! Y''all are making it harder! PS is truly a forum of experts and its hard when the majority is consistent! I feel like I am the only one that wants a halo - DH included - he says the same thing as you guys...! But don''t you think some of the rings with halos in the celebrity pages are pretty --- they way bigger than this one...

MrsSalvo - I LOVE
30.gif
Michael Beaudry stuff! He is one of the designers I am looking at - it is big substantial pieces, but still feminine and delicate imo. Or were you talking about Michael Barin? I came across a setting in a B&M store here and that was the first I had heard of him - I left my measurements and lady is supposed to call me with a quote (all the while trying to sell me a 4 ct stone
38.gif
- DON''T PRESSURE ME SALESLADY!) The sentimentality of it makes it hard too - but I thought I would just set a colored stone in it? (An excuse to get a color I don''t have ...
31.gif
).

Thing2of2 - Your cat in a shoe box is just too much.
4.gif
I love firegoddess''s pear with halo - I only have seen the pics in her avatar.

Firegoddess if you are in here - any words about the halo? Do you feel like it protects your stone when you are knocking around in the kitchen etc? And - is it hard to clean your stone with a halo?

Diamondseeker --- I won''t get rid of it!!! Don''t you think I can RHR this setting and halo my ering --- I want to LOVE my ering setting because I wear it everyday and am always looking down at it and seeing those stinkin'' romantic hearts that block the bottom of the stone!!!! lol

I am going to open a window and take more pics - the sun is out...brb....
9.gif

~Jennifer

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 8:44:47 PM
Author: JenniferB

MrsSalvo - I LOVE
30.gif
Michael Beaudry stuff! He is one of the designers I am looking at - it is big substantial pieces, but still feminine and delicate imo. Or were you talking about Michael Barin?

~Jennifer

actually, neither..there is michael beaudry, michael Barin and micheal B. check out pearlmansjewelers.com, they carry both designers. I love both of them but beaudry pieces are heavier and more ornate where Michael b is a master of pave and his settings are more delicate looking. there are so many beautiful settings out there and looking at them all is most of the fun...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
speaking of michael beaudry, have you seen this ring??

michaelbeaudhalor.png

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo,

5.gif
I have Michael Beaudry on the brain - lol. Michael Barin is new to me and I keep wondering why these guys keep insisting on using essentially the same name!

OMGOMGOMG - I lurve that ring - you are not helping matters over here as that ring would imply I need a new wedding band too...
31.gif
!!! It is so beautiful - it reminds me a little of Christina Aguilera''s set - which I think looks great on her and kind of matches her retro "Candyman" style. Looking for settings is so much fun and I guess am glad I wasn''t a particpant for the actual ering as I would have obsessed to the point of insanity. It''s a little easier now because it is a reset.

Here is my first pic with sunlight (through a window - I am lazy! And everytime I turn the alarm off the dogs go bananas because they think someone is coming in a door or it is walk time!)

JBringbywindow1.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Sunlight reflecting off the table...

ringbywindowtable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results