shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
My dress came in a couple months earlier than expected, so I went and picked it up today! It still has a long way to go as far as alterations... It''s at least 3 inches too big in the bust (I have no chest!) and 2 inches too big in the hips. I am having a hard time picturing what it''ll look like when it fits correctly, but I am hopeful!

Here are a few pictures. It''s ivory in color, but the flash on my camera is making it look really white.

Quick question -- when should I start alterations? My wedding is June 6 of this year. I don''t plan on wearing it before then.

firstdresspic0201.jpg

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
close up detail

dressdetailcloseup0201.jpg

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
last one

firstdrespic20201.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! You will make a beautiful bride!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I would talk to your seamstress about an alterations schedule. I''d probably start 8 weeks out, but it really depends on your seamstress schedule.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
such a beautiful dress!!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
you''re glowing! a beautiful dress and a beautiful bride! My dress took about 6 weeks for alterations but time lines vary with seamstresses. Depending on how many dresses they''re working on and how fast they can work etc. Plus you want to leave some time for additional alterations if you''re not completely satisfied with round 1. I''d say better to give yourself more time than not have enough.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! You look stunning! I really love the overlay.

Check with your seamstress regarding timings, but if your weight tends to be stable, I''d err on the side of caution and start early.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a gorgeous dress, it looks wonderful on you! You are going to make such a beautiful bride!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Very very pretty!!! I am in the same situation - having a hard time picturing the final product. But I think it will be beautiful!!

My wedding is 3 weeks after yours and I start alterations on Feb 20...but my ONLY reason is that, as I said, I really need to have this dress fit to my body for me to get excited about it. Right now, its very big on me, and kinda bumming me out. I need to be excited about it!!! If you haven''t changed weight much in a few years, I would say you aren''t likely to, so you could start anytime.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I would wait to do the alterations until a couple of months before - but my weight fluctuates pretty regularly....

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous and so are you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will be a beautiful bride!! The dress looks gorgeous on you!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
DRESS TWIN!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

You look great!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! It looks gorgeous on you!!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lilylover that dress is just beautiful on you. So soft and romantic.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
laughwithme - it is hard to picture the final product! I keep on looking at the stock photo on the Casablanca website and reminding myself that *that* is what it''s supposed to look like, and then I get anxious and want mine to look like that asap. Hah. I might have to do what you are doing and start alterations earlier rather than later. My weight doesn''t fluctuate more than a couple of pounds, so I think I''ll be safe.

Choro72 - I had no idea you had this dress, too! Isn''t it a great dress? I got mine for a fantastic price, too.

To the rest of you --- Thank you so much for the compliments! It helps me to get excited when other people are excited for me.
emteeth.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lily...that is a BEAUTIFUL dress!!! And it''s absolutely perfect for you!!! It looks fabulous *now* even ill-fitting. I can''t imagine how amazing it''s going to look after alterations!!!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I would say it depends on where you''re getting it done and they''re policies/schedules. My wedding is the day before yours and I just had my first fitting on Saturday. My second fitting will be in April and I''m thinking I will likely need some touch-ups, so possibly a 3rd fitting two weeks before my wedding and I''ll probably pick it up from the bridal salon then.

It also depends on your shape. Are you where you want to be now or do you think you have some work to do? I thought I might be able to lose an inch on my waist. And even though I had been exercising regularly and eating right, it didn''t happen. I''m the same size everywhere that I was when I ordered it. So I''m personally good with my shape and size and didn''t think I needed to wait longer.

Mine is also very big (a size 4 and should''ve been a 2) so I did want to get things going on alterations like you.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
no advice, but I just wanted to say, *gasp* you look gorgeous in your dress!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress. Nice details.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely!!!!

I'm starting mine 16 weeks out. My dress is about 4 inches too long, and since there is lace applique all over the bottom of the dress that needs to be removed and hand sewn once the hem is complete, I wanted to give absolutely ample time in case something goes awry. The seamstress on hand when I bought my dress told me the hem is complicated, so I want that to be completed wayyyyyy out. That will probably be finished in April, so when I go to try it on with the hem, I'll start the other alterations (which will be 12 weeks out).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I''d check with the seamstress... because sometimes they can take 4-6 weeks between each alteration/fitting... plus looking at the detail of your gown, the extra time couldn''t hurt! (Trust me, you want to stress out about as little as possible)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I really love it. Looks so dreamy. You are a beautiful bride. How will you wear your hair? Will you wear a tiara and/or an opera glove?

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 11:51:06 AM
Author: joelly
I really love it. Looks so dreamy. You are a beautiful bride. How will you wear your hair? Will you wear a tiara and/or an opera glove?

Thank you! Not sure about my hair yet... definitely will wear it mostly down and probably wavy/curly.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! My dress came in too big as well. Wait until it''s fitted!

I''d give yourself plenty of time for alterations.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! You look fabulous in it!!! I think you should see how long alterations are and get it done 2 months before your wedding. If alterations can be done in 5 weeks then do it 7 weeks before the wedding or something like that. You''re gonna knock his socks off when he sees you walking down that aisle!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 3:17:15 PM
Author: lilylover

Date: 2/2/2010 11:51:06 AM
Author: joelly

Thank you! Not sure about my hair yet... definitely will wear it mostly down and probably wavy/curly.

ooooohhhhhh.....love curly and wavey style.....
36.gif
.....you''ll be a beautiful bride.....

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
You look lovely!!

I would probably go for 2-3 months before the wedding, especially if your weight is stable. My dress has come in but I am not having my first fitting until March (wedding is in August) because I need to tone up!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
stunning!!!! :0) you look gorgeous in that dress. even with your hair down like it is. i really like the messy hair look for some reason and i think it looks awesome down with that dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results