shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dog :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This is when she was a puppy at 60lbs

She is a big girl now at 120lbs

Its like having a bear in the house :)

Dogsmssssss.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cutie; do you have close ups of her?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how to get a large picture and stay in the 100k range for downloading
7.gif

She is a big girl. She is from Europe, the breed over there come a little larger in size then the USA breed. (Boviea'' De Flanders)

The picture angle makes her look bigger then what she is. We shave her down in the summer and she looks like a Lab on steriods :)

big dog debsmsss.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, I have a Bouvier too!
30.gif
His name is Gator, he''s 120lbs+, and he just turned 11 two months ago. They are such great dogs.

gator2.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok people, no offense, but those two are NOT DOGS. I am sure your vet can provide you with a professional opinion that will back up your feelings...but that image Cory provided with the person in the background is evidence that that is not a dog.

That is a hunka hunka beast! You just keep loving that critter and telling everyone it is a dog. Just wanted you to know you aren''t fooling anyone!

A Dog...yeah right!

DKS

PS. they are magnificent beauties...really. They are just not dogs.
2.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 12:01:28 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Ok people, no offense, but those two are NOT DOGS. I am sure your vet can provide you with a professional opinion that will back up your feelings...but that image Cory provided with the person in the background is evidence that that is not a dog.

That is a hunka hunka beast! You just keep loving that critter and telling everyone it is a dog. Just wanted you to know you aren''t fooling anyone!

A Dog...yeah right!

DKS

PS. they are magnificent beauties...really. They are just not dogs.
2.gif
Funny thing DKS, when our neighbour first moved in next door, he saw Gator at the top of our hilly yard one night. He was going to call the police because he was *sure* it was a bear!
6.gif
I was kind of ticked that he wouldn''t have at least come to tell us what he thought *before* he called the police, but he has turned out to be a great neighbour in the end.
41.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
lyra, what is Gator chewing on, the little sweetheart
2.gif
6.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Gator, How Cool! Ill drag out some more pictures.

Molly (our dog) is one of the best dogs I have ever owned. We are insepartable. We had her in a herding class. Well she wanted a piece of Lamb and started going after them the farmer that was ahead of the class went after my dog and the sheep tried to catch up to the farmer for protection. It was a round robin event :)

They were bred for Cattle Herding and during WW1 they were used to take messages across enemy lines.

I love types of dogs, they are all special in their own ways.

At thanksgiving Molly took off with the Turkey and I had to fight her over it. Everybody was waiting in the other room and wanted to know what was taking me so long. I told them I decided to cut the turkey up in the kitchen first :) Nobody but Molly knew the difference :)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 1:29:06 PM
Author: risingsun
lyra, what is Gator chewing on, the little sweetheart
2.gif
6.gif
I believe it is the legbone of a cow? It''s pretty big really.
20.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The turkey story is priceless! There was a TV show called Mad About You and Murray the dog did the same thing. It is my all time favorite sitcom holiday episode! And of course the Christmas Story movie with the neighborhood hounds getting the Old Mans coveted Turkey, and then ending up at a Chinese restaurant to eat duck...with the head still attached (because we don''t serve turkey once it has been bitten by a dog!!..That is a good piece of advice to take with you from here on out). Oh my I am laughing with glee!

I sure wish I knew you in real life...I would be set for life. That juicy tidbit of information is worth a lifetime of bribes. You fed your family canine ravaged Turkey? He hehehe. Well, at least you have your MOLLY priorities right!

DKS-I am cracking up!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Lyra, love your gator story!! I adore the name!! I would have done the same as your neighbor. Sorry. If you don''t recognize it can quickly become Sasquatch.
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

DKS

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Iceman and Lyra, thanks for posting the pictures. It brought back good memories of my late BDF, Lulu (in the avatar). She was about 95 lbs and had the gentlest spirit. Babies could pull on her beard and kids would always try to ride her and she wouldn''t mind. Such a homebody too. I joked around that even though she was a working breed, she ain''t a working dog.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh my a 120lb dog!!!! Now I want to see one of these cuties IRL, I bet they have a large presence
6.gif
9.gif
!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics, please post more if you can
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Do these dogs come in white, too? I saw one recently and had no idea what kind he was. What a beautiful dog you have! I love BIG dogs. They are so gentle and calm...Usually...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with DKS....you''ve got BEARS in your houses.

23.gif
Holy schnikeeees. Huuuuuuuuuge.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Anyone a Harry Potter fan? That''s exactly what I picture Fang, Hagrid''s dog, looking like!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous dogs, and unusual, I''ve never seen that breed irl before but had seen them and thought they were so cool in a dog breed book we have. 120 lbs is a lotta dog...does she have a twin sized bed to sleep in, LOL?!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Ice. She''s adorable, but I still mourn for your sharpei. It is sad that they have such short lifespans. My daughter (age 15) wants Great Danes. She is volunteering with a local rescue group now. When they bring the dogs to a local pet store on Saturday, I am going to bring our old Lab to visit. He is a giant lab, although not as big as your bouvier. When he has met a Great Dane or a bull mastiff he has looked interested that there are creatures bigger than he is :). (One vet told him he wasn''t a Lab, but a Great Dane in Lab''s clothing!)

Deb
34.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I have a neighbour who has one of these when I was growing up and they named him... BEAR! Of course. Loooove them.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
such beautiful dogs! I''ve seen them at dog shows (on tv) and always wondered what they were like. I tend to prefer larger dogs because they are usually calmer than smaller dogs, but I really don''t think that dog would fit in my house!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Love the pictures!! What a cutie!!!

I am a big fan of big dogs. FI and I have a newfoundland who is three and are in the process of getting another--our pup outweighed me when he turned 8 months old :) It took us a couple of years to find the perfect breeder and luckily we have an active, VERY healthy pup, so I''m glad we were so selective!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Miranda...you may have seen a Great Pyrenees.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/great_pyrenees/

Pictured here in white they resemble a polar bear. Had one visit my property last year. I was agasp. It was a moonlit snow covered evening an it looked like an aperition. Just was floating across the ground. We called it and it was the sweetest most gentle dog. Called the owner on the tag. Later when he came to retrieve the dog he said he lets its wonder as it has a herding urge. My husband got right in his face an inch from his nose and said MR. Had I known that you wouldn't have gotten the call. Next time...there won't be a call. You will loose your dog. And he just turned and left him standing there.

I called the rescue group and gave the coordinates...last I heard Babe was rescued and now lives in a loving secure home. With responsible pet owners. Not someone who sees the dog twice a week. Yeah hit me with mud pies. I can take it board. I was judge and jury...and will do it again!!

Here is another breed that in white looks to be a BEAR!

http://www.akc.org/breeds/newfoundland/index.cfm

I think Gator and Molly have these others beat...hands down. Character in their faces...priceless.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/bouvier_des_flandres/index.cfm

DKS

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We take our newfie all kinds of places: the beach, all around Boston, Martha''s Vineyard to bed and breakfasts and obviously to the dog park constantly and I cannot tell you how many times I''ve heard "your dog looks like a bear". I''d guess at least 300 times. My FI and I guess how many times we will hear it before any trip we take. The winner buys the other a scratch ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results