shape
carat
color
clarity

My Diamond Saga continues.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

th003g

Rough_Rock
The way my search is going, I will definately benefit from the whiteflash upgrade policy

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya, agree with you, that ES is nicely cut.

Maybe it is not cut by the company that supply WF the ACA?
One of the criteria of ACA, other than cut by the same company, is that there must not be fluor, the ES has fluor, maybe that is the reason? Or the Hearts image is not perfect? Too many reasons, only WF knows and the probably will not tell... :razz:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 8:48:10 PM
Author: th003g
Which one would you choose?

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2106426.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848203.htm#

Because I want the GIA inscribed the price difference is $441 in favor of the ACA

I can barely tell the difference between the two Aset and Idealscope images...can someone enlighten me?
Both are great diamonds, so it is down to budget and whether you prefer the pedigree of the ACA.

th003g

Rough_Rock
Procrastinating... its been a month and WF has a few new diamonds:
Please help me choose 1...
1.095 G VS2 ACA
Pro: Size, 40x looks cleanest
Con: Cost?
1.024 G VS2 ACA
Pro: Cost
Con: Crystal in the 6 oclock Arrow40x looks dirty( rep told me it was the reflection of the cloud inclusion around the diamond)
1.007 F VS2 ACA
Pro: F Color
Con: smallest, HCA gives EX,VG,VG,VG, Crystal at 9 o''clock and Inclusion in center of table

Will be set in Whiteflash Fine Line Le (low set like Ebree) size 4.25

HELP PLEASE...I''m drving myself crazy

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
All look good to me.

Throw a dice if you can''t decide.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 3:44:36 PM

1.024 G VS2 ACA
I''d get this one. Good size, less money. The inclusion is not a problem, nor is anything else. Gorgeous stone.
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 4:30:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/16/2009 3:44:36 PM

1.024 G VS2 ACA
I''d get this one. Good size, less money. The inclusion is not a problem, nor is anything else. Gorgeous stone.
28.gif
Ditto

th003g

Rough_Rock
Well I went with the 1.095 G VS2 and would like to thank everyone who gave their advice on my search. I went with the 1.095 because it was more Mind clean to me ( coming from someone who was going to buy a H IF.) Also G/F once said to me that she would sacrifice clarity for size.

Anyway, I was in Manhattan yesterday and decided to stop by Cartier to check out the 1895 setting since I am getting the WF Fine Line by LE. I wanted to see how it was set since I can only find 3 pictures online of the setting with a diamond and none show the direct side view. (I asked WF to set it low so an even amount of Rock can be seen above and below the basket. )The Ring that I was shown when I asked to see a 1CT RB in that setting was as follows:
1.03CT
G
VVS2
VG,VG,VG or was it EX, VG, VG?
59 table 59.6 depth
The price tag on it was an Astonishing 15,550, I did not haggle, I then asked if they had any Stock that were Similar in Spec to my ring I have on order b ut in the 1.03 and they came back with a VVS2 with 2EX and 1 VG. This was 15,820. I asked them straight up what the cost of a G VS2 1.03 EX,EX,EX would be (*assuming it would be cheaper, giving an estimate around 12-13k) the Rep told me it would be around the same price as the ones he had already shown me.
I hesitate to think what my ring would cost from Cartier.

Man do I feel smart NOT buying from an Elite Brand B&M!!!! I can''t WAIT to get he ring in my posession.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results