shape
carat
color
clarity

My Destination Ring - David Klass solitaire

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this is my last one. I'll have other rings, I'm sure, but this is my final iteration of an engagement ring, a solitaire, my 'main' ring.

I bought what proved to be a GORGEOUS 3.61ct I VS2 stone on Blue Nile and sent it off to David Klass for setting. I pick up the ring on Tuesday, but in the meantime - here's the photos he sent me this evening. He's putting a small diamond in the donut and milgraining it for me. The ring is in 18kt yellow gold with a platinum head.

As for the stone - I can't say enough. It's beautifully cut and the arrows are clear as a bell. At an I color, it's definitely white (as opposed to ivory or slightly tinted), but a soft white - without having the tint you get with a K or lower color. It also has medium blue fluoro which gives it a whiter look without making it milky looking at all. The light return is spectacular and from all angles it's clean and beautiful.

Its stats are 9.75 x 9.78mm, 62.3% depth, 57% table, 35% crown angle, 40.8% pavilion angle, and - most important for me - 75% lower facet percentage, making the arrows slightly bolder than you get with, for instance, an 80% lower facet cut stone. It's GIA triple ex, 1.7 on the HCA with triple excellent and VG spread. And it is SERIOUSLY eye clean. Just an all around beautiful stone.

David was, as always, just a complete gentleman and a great jeweler. The head looks to be flowy, elegant and perfect and I'm happy with the band being a little more substantial than what I've had in the past. I want some security on this thing, so the band is 2.2mm at the back rather than the 1.8mm I've had in the past from the BGC tapered classic solitaire (which remains, just to be clear, one of my all time favorite styles). And the claws look to be perfect and teensy tiny, tho I'll confirm that on Tuesday when I pick it up.

So - without further ado - photos! I'm not sure what David uses to take photos but the resolution seems pretty low to me. Hopefully they'll be clear enough to give a general idea.

solplatyellow6.jpg

solplatyellow10.jpg

solplatyellow11.jpg

solplatyellow1.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more! :)

solplatyellow.jpg

solplatyellow4.jpg

solplatyellow3.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GORGEOUS. :love:
LOVE! Sorry if I am posting in between you posting pics but I am swooning! So glad you got the ring of your dreams. :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad that you found your perfect MRB ER! :appl: Such a classic look! Please post some handshots if you can! :naughty:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! As usual DK did a fantastic job :) I love the gallery...its so elegant and flows well. Post handshots when you get it! Congrats! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Complete fabulousness from every angle. Both the gorgeous (and big!) diamond as well as the elegantly flowing setting. Looking forward to see your own pics when you get it on Tuesday.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Both the diamond and the setting are simply breathtaking!!! :love: You will be mesmerized every time you look down at your hand and see that exquisite beauty.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Droooooooooooooool :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! Love all your rings--please post another family shot!

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, the setting is perfect, the right combination if classic and interesting, and I love the 18k yellow gold :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Truly a stunning stone! :appl: It looks amazing in the beautiful flowing solitaire setting by DK! :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see more photos once you pick it up! Congratulations! :clap:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Am about to head out the door for the day but will post more later. And a FLOOD of photos will be forthcoming on Tuesday!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is unbelievably beautiful! The stone looks fabulous and the setting is simply to die for! My biggest complaint about a solitaire setting (for myself) is that it misses that swoopy flow. He completely nailed it!!

I can't wait for more pictures - it is just exquisite!! :appl: :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! Stunners! :love: :love: :cheeky: Congrats! Can't wait to see it on your hand.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I am not usually a fan of a knife edge but this is truly magnificent wow and wow a gain cannot wait to see it on the hand :mrgreen: :love: :love:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Really looking forward to more pics on Tuesday! What a stupendous ring!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :clap: :appl: that is a spectacular solitaire setting for your stunning stone! I love how from the top down, the stone is the star, and from the profile, swoon! that is one of my favorite heads!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! That is my favorite basket for a solitaire! :love: Enjoy your new diamond ER!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to look stunning on your hand. :love: :love: Congratulations Mrs-blop!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhhh, just so so beautiful. :love: :appl: :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: It looks wonderful! I can't wait to see more pictures on Tuesday! :appl:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
Such a gorgeous stone and a classic, beautiful, elegant setting! So happy for you - congrats! Love your all of your rings (YG :love: ). and look forward to more pics!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. Yeah. I cannot wait to see more photos of your beauty!!! Love the basket and love the luxe yellow gold! :love: :love: :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, love everything about your ring! :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

David also made me an eternity ring in yellow gold from an eternity I used to own that was set in platinum. Together they should look wonderful. I'll post some photos of the eternity at some point as well, tho I'm sending it back to be milgrained, so I won't have it for a short while. My intention is to wear them both together.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We would love any pictures that you can share with us!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results