shape
carat
color
clarity

My custom designed ering.

rough_newbie

Rough_Rock
I love the whole thing. The ring is a magnificent green and i'm sure means something special to the two of you (for that reason, I won't pry). Likewise, the box itself is a work of art. However, as I am in the process of figuring out my own proposal plans, how you going to manage to hide that honker in your pants until you pop the question?! I am having problems figuring out how to hide my (what appears to be smaller) box! Best of luck with the proposal and all! Please come back with handshots once you are engaged!
35.gif

bogglemunch

Rough_Rock
I know it''s rude to ask, but I have to, as I''m trying to build my own e-ring too, but could you tell me approximately how much the stone cost, and the setting of it afterward? I''m just trying to get what I want without paying too much for it!

Thanks! You can PM me (I think) if it''s not something you want to have everybody know.

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 6:53:14 PM
Author: rough_newbie
I love the whole thing. The ring is a magnificent green and i''m sure means something special to the two of you (for that reason, I won''t pry). Likewise, the box itself is a work of art. However, as I am in the process of figuring out my own proposal plans, how you going to manage to hide that honker in your pants until you pop the question?! I am having problems figuring out how to hide my (what appears to be smaller) box! Best of luck with the proposal and all! Please come back with handshots once you are engaged!
35.gif

Hehe, well my plan is to hide it in my camera bag. We are flying out to Canada this Saturday (can''t wait) for a 3 week holiday. The plan is to treck up to Goat Mountain, overlooking Vancouver. When at the top I am going to pretend to take a photo of her with the view in the background. I''ll say I need to change the lens, take off the bag, get down on one knee and come back up holding the box and ring. Or so the plan goes. I''m also toying with the idea of putting the camera on a self timer on the tripod and actually capture the moment. I think I''ll just have to play it by ear. Hope that helps your ideas.

Date: 6/1/2010 9:50:31 PM
Author: bogglemunch
I know it''s rude to ask, but I have to, as I''m trying to build my own e-ring too, but could you tell me approximately how much the stone cost, and the setting of it afterward? I''m just trying to get what I want without paying too much for it!

Thanks! You can PM me (I think) if it''s not something you want to have everybody know.
1.gif

Hey, I don''t mind at all. Obviously the cost varies hugely depending on a large amount of factors. Anyway, I paid about £500 for the stone (Fairly small, but very good colour, clarity and lustre etc), then about £1400 for the ring itself. This price would have varied hugely depending on the metal chosen. For example I was quoted £3000 something for a full platinum ring, which is why I went with stirling silver and the setting in platinum. The box itself came in at £230ish with the plaque and cushion being free favours from people I work with. The cushion fabric was £200per metre, but I managed to get away with a small sample piece. So overall I paid about £2130 which equates to roughly $3100USD. Hope that helps.
1.gif

bogglemunch

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 4:18:14 AM
Author: Messiah Khan
Date: 6/1/2010 6:53:14 PM

Author: rough_newbie

Hey, I don''t mind at all. Obviously the cost varies hugely depending on a large amount of factors. Anyway, I paid about £500 for the stone (Fairly small, but very good colour, clarity and lustre etc), then about £1400 for the ring itself. This price would have varied hugely depending on the metal chosen. For example I was quoted £3000 something for a full platinum ring, which is why I went with stirling silver and the setting in platinum. The box itself came in at £230ish with the plaque and cushion being free favours from people I work with. The cushion fabric was £200per metre, but I managed to get away with a small sample piece. So overall I paid about £2130 which equates to roughly $3100USD. Hope that helps.
1.gif

Thanks so much for all the details. I hope Vancouver is wonderful! As a Canadian myself, I know how amazing the mountains can be. Don''t shock her so bad she falls off the top thought!
41.gif

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know which I''m more impressed with: the ring or the box! You did a wonderful job with every detail! Good luck with your proposal!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i loved how much thought you put into this ring and upcoming proposal. i recommend putting the camera on a tripod and recording the whole thing! it would be great to replay it in the future.
2.gif

question, you don''t have to answer if you don''t feel like it. is there a special reason you went with this stone instead of a traditional diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results