shape
carat
color
clarity

My custom cut tsavorite from Gene!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My photos do not do this stone justice. See tsavvy''s thread to view the gorgeous green color, which is what I see when I look at my gem. My tsavorite is 1.0ct, 6.97x5.55, oval shape.

Color: 10 out of 10
Clarity: 7 out of 10
Brilliance: 5 out of 5
Total quality rating: 9.0

Having a custom cut stone from Gene: 10 out of 10...my rating
36.gif

Tsavorite 009 post 1.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

tsav day 017 post 2.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

tsav day 010 post 3.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh it''s beautimous! What are your plans for it?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
After all this time, trying to get some fire shots of my wedding set, I captured it in my tsavortie pics
10.gif

Tsavorite 2 002 post 4 plus fire.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My emerald ring with the tsavorite. This is the stone that started it all. A special thanks to MTG, who suggested I visit the CS forum to find a stone that would work out well with my ring. IRL, they coordinate very well together. I'm sure this won't be my last CS purchase. Shakes fist at colored stoners
3.gif
I need a bigger budget, now
9.gif

Tsavorite 010 tsav and emerald.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 1:30:15 PM
Author: packrat
Ohh it''s beautimous! What are your plans for it?
Thank you, packrat!! I will be having it made into a pendant. I have a few, vague ideas, but welcome input regarding the design.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love the color/cut! It will have a lovely pendant. I can''t wait for the finished item and lots of pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely color!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 1:50:47 PM
Author: mochi
I love the color/cut! It will have a lovely pendant. I can''t wait for the finished item and lots of pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks so much, mochi
1.gif
I want the style of pendant to coordinate with the pendant, but that''s all I''ve got right now!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 2:32:04 PM
Author: ma re
Lovely color!
Thank you for your kind comments, ma re
1.gif
So far, this project is going very well. I''ve appreciated your advice through this process.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's stunning (no surprise there)! And it coordinates so well with the ring. I can't wait to see it set!

Hehe, you may thank me now, but just wait till the addiction really sets in
2.gif

I think a halo pendant would be the natural choice for coordinating, but Gene's outline is so interesting and unique that I feel like it'd get a bit lost in a halo. So many just diamond accents?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a lovely stone!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely fab-u-LOUS!

Looks great with the skin tones of your hands, btw.

Can''t wait to see how you set this, should be drool-worthy.
19.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful, Risingsun, and the cut and color go wonderfully with your emerald.
21.gif
I agree with makingthegrade that the shape of the stone shouldn''t be camouflaged with a halo -- but, a halo-type element in your pendant would be nice to complement your ring. There are some parade pendants that have an outer halo, but the stone has a huge airline between it and the halo (there may be some proper technical term for this type of setting...) so the outline of the stone isn''t lost in the halo -- I''ve put a few examples below to give you a general idea of the outer halo. The pendant on the far right is one of Leon Mege''s and your tsav would also look lovely in a similar setting designed for an oval!

HalPend_3454.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooo thats purdy
18.gif
30.gif
Excellent choice for a pendant and it matches the emerald very well!

-A

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It looks great next to your emerald, rising. Another diamond-lover successfully pulled to the other side.... hehe
9.gif

Your tsav is calling out for a halo to match its emerald sibling, I think!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty! And having the set with your emerald ring...wowza! I like Tsavvy''s idea of the stone within a halo with a humongous airline (whatever the real term is called).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and what a great color.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks for your kind compliments dreamer, princessplease, StonieGrl, Arcadian, AustenNut and marcyc
35.gif
I love the color of this tsavorite, too!! It''s been such a positve experience having this stone cut...it makes me want to do it again
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 3:54:15 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Oh it''s stunning (no surprise there)! And it coordinates so well with the ring. I can''t wait to see it set!

Hehe, you may thank me now, but just wait till the addiction really sets in
2.gif

I think a halo pendant would be the natural choice for coordinating, but Gene''s outline is so interesting and unique that I feel like it''d get a bit lost in a halo. So many just diamond accents?
You have definitely started something, MTG
11.gif
You also recommended Gene to me
1.gif
. I agree with you about not covering up the unique way that this oval is cut. Tsavvy has posted some interesting ideas!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 6:19:50 PM
Author: tsavvy
It''s beautiful, Risingsun, and the cut and color go wonderfully with your emerald.
21.gif
I agree with makingthegrade that the shape of the stone shouldn''t be camouflaged with a halo -- but, a halo-type element in your pendant would be nice to complement your ring. There are some parade pendants that have an outer halo, but the stone has a huge airline between it and the halo (there may be some proper technical term for this type of setting...) so the outline of the stone isn''t lost in the halo -- I''ve put a few examples below to give you a general idea of the outer halo. The pendant on the far right is one of Leon Mege''s and your tsav would also look lovely in a similar setting designed for an oval!
Thank you for your kind words, tsavvy
1.gif
I love the pendants that you posted. I think I can work with those designs to come up with something that I can wear on a frequent basis. I appreciate your suggestions!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 7:58:36 PM
Author: icekid
It looks great next to your emerald, rising. Another diamond-lover successfully pulled to the other side.... hehe
9.gif

Does that mean I''ve come over to the dark side
3.gif
I''m thinking of having the tsavorite hanging withing a larger oval halo. I''m going to look at more settings and then contact a designer. Methinks you are an enabler...hehe
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh hubba hubba, I love it! I can''t believe what a match it is with your emerald...they look perfect side by side! Almost a shame to make it into a pendant because I''d want to stare at it all day!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo, Marian! Can I just say how SUPREMELY JEALOUS I am now!!??

*Very* lovely stone - wear it in good health, and welcome to the insanity that is colored stones.
31.gif
31.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
OMG I didn''t even realize that was the result of "find me something to match my emerald but not so expensive" thread
9.gif
Honestly, this kid looks quite emeraldish.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They match very well, lovely stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new tsavorite is giving your emerald a run for its colour.
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:24:20 PM
Author: risingsun
Date: 10/11/2009 7:58:36 PM

Author: icekid

9.gif

Does that mean I''ve come over to the dark side
3.gif
I''m thinking of having the tsavorite hanging withing a larger oval halo. I''m going to look at more settings and then contact a designer. Methinks you are an enabler...hehe
9.gif

Enabler? Nahhhh not me
12.gif
I just want my friends to have pretty, colorful gems so they can be happy!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results