shape
carat
color
clarity

My Custom AVC project is about to begin!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod, it's an absolutely stunning AVC :love:

I am happy for you that you were open to JDDN's advice and giving it a chance by looking at it. This just goes to show that you never know what you will think of a color until you put your eyes on the stone.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
bright ice said:
LaineyRod, it's an absolutely stunning AVC :love:

I am happy for you that you were open to JDDN's advice and giving it a chance by looking at it. This just goes to show that you never know what you will think of a color until you put your eyes on the stone.

Thank you Bright Ice! :love: I have learned so much going through this! Even though I watched a 1000 videos and even flew up to GOG to see the colors of the stones before choosing, seeing this stone was such an important part of the process that, without JDDN's guidance, I would have skipped and it would have been such a mistake....at least for me. :))

LLJsmom said:
Congratulations Lainey! Your stone is truly stunning.

JDDN, you are going to find the most beautiful stone. I know it. And I can't wait to see it!

Tourmaline said:
Wow, what an exciting thread! I hadn't visited it since Lainey was waiting to hear about the AGS results. Oh my goodness! That was so big of you to release it, JDDN, and Lainey, when I started my search for a 10-year uprgrade diamond, I, too , was looking for an H or I. But I chose an L (GIA) for size. And as for AVCs, maybe I'm your AVC cousin or something, haha, because I have little AVCs in all shades of tint (light yellow, but varied) in my 7-AVC band. I love them all. :)

image_3996.jpg

Laila619 said:
Gorgeous diamond, Lainey! This thread is too funny, only on PS right?

JDDN, you are a sweetheart and such a gracious person. I hope you find your perfect ring soon.

Laila619 said:
Gorgeous diamond, Lainey! This thread is too funny, only on PS right?

JDDN, you are a sweetheart and such a gracious person. I hope you find your perfect ring soon.

Thanks LLJsmom, Tourmaline, & Laila!! I have seen all your collections, so your complements warm my heart and put a smile on my face :love: Tourmaline, my husband looked over and saw the picture of your STUNNING eternity band and said "Oh wow, that is REALLY PRETTY!" So of course my heart skipped a beat and my little brain said to itself....NEXT PROJECT/RIGHT HAND?????!!!!! LOL :pray: :pray: :pray:

diamondseeker2006 said:
There is a thread for posting AV stones/rings (not sure if you have seen it?), but you could wait until it is set and then post pictures loose and set on that thread, too. So when you get it back, post a Show Me the Bling thread, and then I'll link you the AV thread so you can post there, too!

Yes DS, I would love to post on both! I dropped my diamond and setting off at my local jeweler for them to ship off to Varna today!

According to Varna, I had to go through my local jeweler because Varna doesn't deal with the public directly. Dealing with my local jeweler happened to be an interesting experience, and I am wondering if any of my fellow PS'ers have ever run across this...
So my local jeweler is supposed to be one of the better, best, more elite jewelers in the area here in So Florida and my husband and I have done quite a bit of business with them (couple of watches, his platinum wedding ring, my eternity wedding ring, my Varna eRing, and a 1.52 MBCushion diamond)....so suffice to say, they know us. My normal sales person wasn't in today (probably my first mistake - but I didn't want to wait until she was in on Wednesday) so when I arrived with my GORGEOUS AVC in hand, I introduced myself to my jeweler's diamond buyer who has been talking to Varna about my setting and the shipping/prong revision/diamond setting, etc.... She literally looked at my stone, and did not make a single comment, let alone a complement (was it because it didn't come from them???). She then asked for the paperwork (saw that it was triple OOO, VVS2) and again, said nothing. No "WOW, what a great diamond!" nothing. Then, please tell me if this is normal....She picked up my diamond with her BARE FINGERS like bug! NO TRAY UNDERNEATH! and carried it across the showroom where she looked at it under the loop to verify the AV inscription. She then brought it back all fingered up and finally set it on a tray and commenced with the paperwork....OMG. When I got home, my husband and I were saying how when you look at just an $8K Rolex, they will slip on a glove, but here I come in with a custom cut diamond with the appraisal staring her in the face and she manhandles it with her lunch fingers? I know I am protective of my brand new AVC and I really love it, but I thought it was 1) really weird how it was physically handled and 2) what kind of diamond people don't gush over a gorgeous diamond??? Do you think it was because I didn't buy it from them? BTW, I told them I wanted an AVC and gave them an opportunity to try and help me get it - so I was never sneaky about not buying from them.

To note, the ring is expected to be complete in 3 weeks or less!!! In the mean time, has anyone ever taken their AVRs or AVCs or any custom cut diamond to their local jeweler and been given the perceived "you didn't buy it from us, so no complements for your little stone!" treatment? LOL And is that normal to grab a diamond with one's fingers and walk around with it pinched in-between them vs. on a tray????

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod that is the most peculiar behaviour by the sales associate! You must have been itching to snatch it back and clean it then and there. :shock: :???:

That is a truly lovely stone and I'm so happy for you that it's worked out so well. The video and pictures are just mesmerising.. I cannot wait to see it set.
JDDN I hope your diamond comes along very very soon, you've definitely earned it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, I think that is very typical. Yes, they HATE that you found a beautiful stone and spent your money elsewhere. You are very lucky that she didn't comment on the color, as lower colors like that are almost never promoted by fine jewelers. I have had the experience once with my AVR. There is a jeweler that people here have visited in the southeast that carries Singlestone. It is very near where we go on vacation, so I went there. I happened to mention to the jeweler that I found out about them on PS. Somehow it came up that my ring had an AVR from GOG. He kind of laughed and said something about that guy from GOG being really good at marketing. Never mind that he also carried some high priced branded diamonds himself (I think it was Lazarre Kaplan). Thankfully he just handed me over to a very nice sales lady who very kindly let me try on all the SS rings and many other beautiful ones from their case. But I really haven't felt very inclined to go back there because of the way I was treated by the jeweler. That's another good reason that I am loyal to my PS vendors who treat me as a valued customer plus provide me with top quality stones and settings.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
What a story DS! It is sad and shameful & we had an 8 year, honest history with them. My husband and I were both completely turned off and we've agreed that we won't be back unless it's a warranty issue...whereas Jonathan, not only has a customer for life, but for generations. My kids are all like "I know where I am getting my diamonds!!!" :appl: LOL

JDDN, any news from Jonathan? An entire PS community is waiting with great anticipation - NO PRESSURE TO PERFORM!! Ha ha :appl:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy that everything worked out as well as it did! (I was so excited to see the thread bumped up to the top today!) And what a nice surprise to read how wonderfully the saga of your stone turned out! It is an amazing stone with such a vibrant "personality"! I think the good Karma all around will bring happiness to everyone involved! I'll be following along to see the final results and watching as new events unfold for all of you! :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
DS, I forgot to mention how I think it is so funny (pathetic) how other jewelers will try to dismiss GOG/Jonathan's success to "marketing!" That is such a cop-out, while Jon does show those mind-dizzying video's of his new diamonds, the preponderance of his work, IMHO, is educational. The birth of the AVCs and AVRs came out of his own quest for a perfect cut and my own discovery of PriceScope and GOG came from the same organic origins...a quest for the best cut cushion :read:

Thanks Blingalingaling!! I appreciate your complements and kind words and I love your name!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod|1462894403|4029792 said:
DS, I forgot to mention how I think it is so funny (pathetic) how other jewelers will try to dismiss GOG/Jonathan's success to "marketing!" That is such a cop-out, while Jon does show those mind-dizzying video's of his new diamonds, the preponderance of his work, IMHO, is educational. The birth of the AVCs and AVRs came out of his own quest for a perfect cut and my own discovery of PriceScope and GOG came from the same organic origins...a quest for the best cut cushion :read:

Thanks Blingalingaling!! I appreciate your complements and kind words and I love your name!! :love:

I am 100% with you on that. He nailed the AV stones and is always trying to improve cut on other fancy shapes. Educational videos are just smart marketing. The more educated we are on diamonds, the better we are equipped to make a smart purchase! I have helped my brother-in-law, son-in-law, and the son-in-law's brother buy diamonds from both Good Old Gold and Whiteflash, whoever had what fit the specs they needed at the time. Even the nice jewelry stores I visited in the past couldn't compare even remotely in the diamond quality they carried. These and other PS vendors who specialize in top cut stones are a treasure for those who value diamond quality!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lainey, I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience at your jeweler's. Since you and your husband have been such long standing customers, would it be worth mentioning to the owner about your experience? I can't imagine the owner would've been happy about how the sales person/diamond buyer behaved. Your discussion could be more in lines of customer feedback. Just a thought. I feel like it sometimes depends on who you work with, but I completely understand the bad taste it left in your mouth.

And to answer your question, no news from Jonathan, but I will keep you posted!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1462900862|4029845 said:
Hi Lainey, I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience at your jeweler's. Since you and your husband have been such long standing customers, would it be worth mentioning to the owner about your experience? I can't imagine the owner would've been happy about how the sales person/diamond buyer behaved. Your discussion could be more in lines of customer feedback. Just a thought. I feel like it sometimes depends on who you work with, but I completely understand the bad taste it left in your mouth.

Thanks JDDN,

While we know the owners and they are always warm and friendly, they are also a little aloof. However, our normal sales person called me today (she was out of the country) and I told her all about my experience with the custom cut (because she knew I was going down the path from the beginning) and she was totally engaged and thrilled. You are right, People make all the difference in the world. I also shared my experience yesterday and she was sympathetic. She has a lot of seniority and will say something to affect their customer service, I am sure. Then she told me something that really was AMAZING!

When I told her about my stone coming back an L, she said she was also so glad I gave it a chance. She said she had a customer come into the store last week who looked at some 3 carat MRB diamond earrings (6 carat total weight!) excellent cut/clarity and the lady went nuts over them until she learned they were L's and she said "i just can't own L colored diamonds." My lady (I love her!) said, well you can look at these poorer cut G's (which did nothing for her) but you LOVED these until I TOLD you the color and "a well cut stone will perform better in any color than a poorly cut stone in a great color!" I was so proud at that moment!!! She is a "diamond" in that store and like a TRUE diamond lover, asked to see pics and the video and ooh'd and ahhh'd as one would have expected!!! LOL

JDDN, I of all people, am so sorry you haven't heard anything from Jonathan yet! I wonder if he ever lurks...no pressure Jon!! But uh, e-hem!!! :wavey:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod said:
JDDN|1462900862|4029845 said:

Thanks JDDN,

While we know the owners and they are always warm and friendly, they are also a little aloof. However, our normal sales person called me today (she was out of the country) and I told her all about my experience with the custom cut (because she knew I was going down the path from the beginning) and she was totally engaged and thrilled. You are right, People make all the difference in the world. I also shared my experience yesterday and she was sympathetic. She has a lot of seniority and will say something to affect their customer service, I am sure. Then she told me something that really was AMAZING!

When I told her about my stone coming back an L, she said she was also so glad I gave it a chance. She said she had a customer come into the store last week who looked at some 3 carat MRB diamond earrings (6 carat total weight!) excellent cut/clarity and the lady went nuts over them until she learned they were L's and she said "i just can't own L colored diamonds." My lady (I love her!) said, well you can look at these poorer cut G's (which did nothing for her) but you LOVED these until I TOLD you the color and "a well cut stone will perform better in any color than a poorly cut stone in a great color!" I was so proud at that moment!!! She is a "diamond" in that store and like a TRUE diamond lover, asked to see pics and the video and ooh'd and ahhh'd as one would have expected!!! LOL

JDDN, I of all people, am so sorry you haven't heard anything from Jonathan yet! I wonder if he ever lurks...no pressure Jon!! But uh, e-hem!!! :wavey:

Jonathan and I have emailed a couple of times, so in that sense I have heard from him. But no rough has been located, so no news on the AVC. When rough is located then I will become very excited as I'll know that it's going to be cut!! Right now I'm waffling BIG time on a setting for both my MRB and the AVC. I have been planning a 3 stone for ages and I tried one on and didn't like it on me :shock: !!! I tried on a halo and I loved it. Sigh....this is why my husband smiles and nods whenever I tell him about diamond stuff :lol: .

Your diamond gal sounds like a genuine enthusiast by the way you describe her. And she knows her stuff telling that customer about a well cut diamond of a lower color vs a poorer cut diamond of a higher color, good for her!! I like her already, lol.

OMG, an AVC band like Tourmaline's......GORGEOUS!!! That is TOTALLY in your future!!!! LOL, I'm the best enabler!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome that your normal sales person was so happy for you and excited about your stone!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
[/quote] Jonathan and I have emailed a couple of times, so in that sense I have heard from him. But no rough has been located, so no news on the AVC. When rough is located then I will become very excited as I'll know that it's going to be cut!! Right now I'm waffling BIG time on a setting for both my MRB and the AVC. I have been planning a 3 stone for ages and I tried one on and didn't like it on me :shock: !!! I tried on a halo and I loved it. Sigh....this is why my husband smiles and nods whenever I tell him about diamond stuff :lol: .

Your diamond gal sounds like a genuine enthusiast by the way you describe her. And she knows her stuff telling that customer about a well cut diamond of a lower color vs a poorer cut diamond of a higher color, good for her!! I like her already, lol.

OMG, an AVC band like Tourmaline's......GORGEOUS!!! That is TOTALLY in your future!!!! LOL, I'm the best enabler!![/quote]

You are so patient!!! It will be such an exciting day when your rough is found!

So for your settings! You loved a halo? I love halos! They really seemed to hit their stride in popularity right after I got my eRing, so I don't know if I have ever tried one on, but I love them, especially when they have the pave' diamonds up the prongs too - that is my obvious sweet spot! :love: Do you have a pic to post??? :love: :love: :love: :love: Were you thinking, if you were to go with a halo, would you put the MRB or the AVC in the halo?? I see your predicament! :wall: However either would be stunning, not a bad predicament to have! :drool:

I think a three stone can be a real challenge too - I personally need 5 or 7 stones!! ENABLE ME!!! LOL Or I might go name brand with LOTS of Pave' Diamonds as I also have my eyes on the Tiffany 5 row Metro pave' diamond eternity band or the Tiffany 5 row 8mm Etoile pave' band. Wait, stop enabling me - no don't stop!!! LOL :dance: Since you are having such a hard time with your three stone setting, have you considered (maybe you have and I am just not aware) started a thread describing what features you do like and don't like in a three-stone setting and have all of our PS friends help out with posting their ideas and suggestions? I see them do that for people all the time and the settings can "come to you" with all their kindness, wisdom and expertise :love: :read: :think:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jonathan and I have emailed a couple of times, so in that sense I have heard from him. But no rough has been located, so no news on the AVC. When rough is located then I will become very excited as I'll know that it's going to be cut!! Right now I'm waffling BIG time on a setting for both my MRB and the AVC. I have been planning a 3 stone for ages and I tried one on and didn't like it on me :shock: !!! I tried on a halo and I loved it. Sigh....this is why my husband smiles and nods whenever I tell him about diamond stuff :lol: .

OMG, an AVC band like Tourmaline's......GORGEOUS!!! That is TOTALLY in your future!!!! LOL, I'm the best enabler!![/quote]

You are so patient!!! It will be such an exciting day when your rough is found!

So for your settings! You loved a halo? I love halos! They really seemed to hit their stride in popularity right after I got my eRing, so I don't know if I have ever tried one on, but I love them, especially when they have the pave' diamonds up the prongs too - that is my obvious sweet spot! :love: Do you have a pic to post??? :love: :love: :love: :love: Were you thinking, if you were to go with a halo, would you put the MRB or the AVC in the halo?? I see your predicament! :wall: However either would be stunning, not a bad predicament to have! :drool:

I think a three stone can be a real challenge too - I personally need 5 or 7 stones!! ENABLE ME!!! LOL Or I might go name brand with LOTS of Pave' Diamonds as I also have my eyes on the Tiffany 5 row Metro pave' diamond eternity band or the Tiffany 5 row 8mm Etoile pave' band. Wait, stop enabling me - no don't stop!!! LOL :dance: Since you are having such a hard time with your three stone setting, have you considered (maybe you have and I am just not aware) started a thread describing what features you do like and don't like in a three-stone setting and have all of our PS friends help out with posting their ideas and suggestions? I see them do that for people all the time and the settings can "come to you" with all their kindness, wisdom and expertise :love: :read: :think:[/quote]

I would be happy to enable you :lol: !!! You have your eye on the Tiffany 5 row Metro pave and the 5 row Etoile pave you say?? Go for it!!! If it's an everyday ring, I say the Metro and if it's a special occasion ring, then definitely the Etoile. So luxe both of those are, I love your taste!!

As far as getting input on the 3 stone, I've pretty much chosen what setting I want (or what setting I thought I wanted!), and I've chosen the proportions of the side stones. It was that I just didn't love the look on me when I tried it on! I never thought I'd get a halo because of how delicate they are. And also because my DH doesn't like them because he thinks they detract from the center stone. He may be right to some extent depending on the style and size of halo, but the ones I'm considering are very dainty so I think it would be fine! Right now, I'm really leaning towards the halo so I'm waiting for some quotes on what I want 8) . Oh and this will be for my MRB. For the AVC, I'm thinking of a solitaire, but with a pave shank :dance: . Can't wait!!

Did the jeweler give you an ETA for your ring??? You will start a SMTB thread when it comes back, right?!?!?

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
I would be happy to enable you :lol: !!! You have your eye on the Tiffany 5 row Metro pave and the 5 row Etoile pave you say?? Go for it!!! If it's an everyday ring, I say the Metro and if it's a special occasion ring, then definitely the Etoile. So luxe both of those are, I love your taste!!

As far as getting input on the 3 stone, I've pretty much chosen what setting I want (or what setting I thought I wanted!), and I've chosen the proportions of the side stones. It was that I just didn't love the look on me when I tried it on! I never thought I'd get a halo because of how delicate they are. And also because my DH doesn't like them because he thinks they detract from the center stone. He may be right to some extent depending on the style and size of halo, but the ones I'm considering are very dainty so I think it would be fine! Right now, I'm really leaning towards the halo so I'm waiting for some quotes on what I want 8) . Oh and this will be for my MRB. For the AVC, I'm thinking of a solitaire, but with a pave shank :dance: . Can't wait!!

Did the jeweler give you an ETA for your ring??? You will start a SMTB thread when it comes back, right?!?!?
Yes, they said I should have my ring back within three weeks!!!

DS mentioned two threads that I should post...Yes, SMTB = Show Me the Bling! Yes! I will. I have been looking at how ladies have been taking good photos so I can try to emulate! LOL

So what didn't you like when you tried on the 3-stone? That is such a bummer, is it something you can customize and just tweak? If not, what will you do now? BTW, my husband doesn't like halos either for the same reason, funny how similar even our hubby's seem to be! LOL I agree with you however and I am sure the halo you like is STUNNING!! I hope the quotes all work out and you can get exactly what you want! :love:

How fun for you to be working on so many projects! I love to obsess on things (confession :angel: LOL) and it is always kind of sad when my project comes to an end.

Regarding the Metro vs. the Etoile, I like to wear my nice jewelry. I don't like to have a safe full of the stuff (I have two fine watches and I feel guilty because I wear one most of the time). So you are right, I am drawn far more to the metro ring because I will be able to wear it much more as an "everyday" ring.

So have you identified the setting for the AVC or do you have a few picked out that you are contemplating? I love your taste too! Diamonds down the shank are so elegant and will look amazing with an AVC!! Plus, your AVC is going to be a great size so to have it stand alone in a solitaire setting will just be dizzying!!! :twirl: :drool: :twirl: :drool:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
what a rollercoaster of a read! I can't wait to see it in the finished setting. and yes, that sales lady was a jerk and I laughed a little at "lunch hands". I so know what you mean. eagerly awaiting all the new photos of stone set and hand shots!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
lorrissey|1462987998|4030305 said:
what a rollercoaster of a read! I can't wait to see it in the finished setting. and yes, that sales lady was a jerk and I laughed a little at "lunch hands". I so know what you mean. eagerly awaiting all the new photos of stone set and hand shots!

LOL, while I was being colorful, she seriously had just come back from lunch, so there was an element of truth in my descriptive writing (my elementary creative writing teacher might be proud?? LOL). T-minus 19 days and counting!!! My real sales person (Toni :)) ) was a sweetheart though and I pray :pray: she will be there on the day it comes in and I will pick it up from her!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, "lunch hands" made me laugh out loud too when I read your previous post, lol!! It's probably going to work it's way into my vernacular, lol.

We have a lot in common Lainey ::) . I hate nice jewelry sitting in a box or safe too, so it feels really weird I'm going to have 2 rings, but I'm not complaining :bigsmile: . I also choose jewlery I can wear as everyday pieces, not special occasion pieces so I understand where you're coming from. Would the Metro be a RHR? It would be so gorgeous on your right hand :naughty: . Enable, enable, enable, LOL!!! And then would you wear the AVC 7 stone with your AVC on your left hand?? I'm so bad!!!

For the 3 stone, I think I just didn't like the general "look" on me. I totally thought I would because I tried on a very dainty 3 stone (these were tiny stones....like 0.4 carat and 0.25 sides) on years ago and I loved it. It didn't have prongs, just thin semi-bezels and it was really lovely. Maybe what I'd like more is a delicate graduated 5 stone. I guess that could be a RHR.....Oh geez!!!

For the AVC I'm still doing recon for settings. I think I'm leaning towards a bright cut pave since I lead an "active lifestyle." That's code for I run around after two small children, lol. I guess I love to obsess over things too, so while I can't wait to have these lovelies on my hand, I suppose I should enjoy this planning phase ;)) .

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1463003381|4030427 said:
Oh my goodness, "lunch hands" made me laugh out loud too when I read your previous post, lol!! It's probably going to work it's way into my vernacular, lol.

We have a lot in common Lainey ::) . I hate nice jewelry sitting in a box or safe too, so it feels really weird I'm going to have 2 rings, but I'm not complaining :bigsmile: . I also choose jewlery I can wear as everyday pieces, not special occasion pieces so I understand where you're coming from. Would the Metro be a RHR? It would be so gorgeous on your right hand :naughty: . Enable, enable, enable, LOL!!! And then would you wear the AVC 7 stone with your AVC on your left hand?? I'm so bad!!!

For the 3 stone, I think I just didn't like the general "look" on me. I totally thought I would because I tried on a very dainty 3 stone (these were tiny stones....like 0.4 carat and 0.25 sides) on years ago and I loved it. It didn't have prongs, just thin semi-bezels and it was really lovely. Maybe what I'd like more is a delicate graduated 5 stone. I guess that could be a RHR.....Oh geez!!!

For the AVC I'm still doing recon for settings. I think I'm leaning towards a bright cut pave since I lead an "active lifestyle." That's code for I run around after two small children, lol. I guess I love to obsess over things too, so while I can't wait to have these lovelies on my hand, I suppose I should enjoy this planning phase ;)) .

Yes the Metro would be a RHR, thanks!! :love: "And then would you wear the AVC 7 stone with your AVC on your left hand?? I'm so bad!!!" Well, I was thinking ONE or THE OTHER for my right hand, but now....hmmmm!!! :think: :drool: You are good, my friend! Have you considered enabling as a profession? Or is this just an easy forum!?? LOL Have you seen Star Sparkle's David Klass 5-stone? I love, love, love her ring too. I love the WALL of diamonds with the graduated sizes. And just to create a "project" out of it, I would consider Old World Diamonds, but again in my love and quest for the perfect cut, I can also imagine filling it with AVRs or AVCs!!! OMG!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Any inspiring thoughts cooking up??? LOL enable, enable, enable!!!
This is a contest, right? :appl:

(she has such a pretty hand, doesn't she!!??!!)

screen_shot_2016-03-27_at_3.png

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
Your L cushion is making me yearn to have it on my hand. The beautiful pillowy crown and luscious color are making me want to drive to GOG and plop down some cash!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What. A. Thread! 8) 8) I'm sooooo glad everything worked out with your custom cut AV, Lainey! It's gorgeous!! :love: :love:

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you, lady!! :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
DonnaH|1463079501|4030833 said:
Your L cushion is making me yearn to have it on my hand. The beautiful pillowy crown and luscious color are making me want to drive to GOG and plop down some cash!!!

AAAhhhh DonnaH I love it!!! :dance: I too love the pillowy crown! My previous diamond was flat as a pancake so I am just tickled by this one! :love:

All I can say is tread carefully as you enter this thread as it seems to have become the "Sister-thread-of enablers" and we have Aunts, Cousins, Step-sisters and numerous other diamond loved-ones in our family who will encourage and enable you through the doors of perfectly cut sparkliness.....which we will all testify is pure HEAVEN!!! LOL :angel: :love: :angel: :love: :angel:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1463088032|4030912 said:
Wow!! What. A. Thread! 8) 8) I'm sooooo glad everything worked out with your custom cut AV, Lainey! It's gorgeous!! :love: :love:

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you, lady!! :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you so much Msop! It has really been a wild ride, but I have to admit the kindness, support and friendship that has come from GOG and the PS Community has really made this experience truly special and memorable!!! I am really grateful to all of you! :love:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
So a little teeny, tiny update....I had sent my ring and AVC off to be set and have the prongs revised, however, things didn't quite go as planned :silenced: so my beautiful AVC came back home to me this week for about 24 full hours and I think I took a record number of photos! This time I had a temp diamond holder so I was able to put "her" on my finger and really enjoy her on my hand for the first time - and OMGosh, did I ever!!!

I wanted to share just a few photos I had taken while she was home and that she has been shipped out once again and hopefully I will be back in touch in about two weeks! :appl:

img_11943.jpg

img_11944.jpg

img_11945.jpg

img_11946.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
a few more pics :love:

img_11948.jpg

img_11947.jpg

img_11949.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really enjoy following this thread! Lovely pictures! :wavey:
Looking forward to seeing the final result!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! Me too! Can't wait to see the final result. The stone is perfectly gorgeous. I can see why you are in love with it!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I can't wait to see her "unveiling!" She's gonna be out of this world!!!! :appl: :cheeky: :naughty: :bigsmile: :lickout:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, man! I'm so pumped to see the finished ring!! [emoji7][emoji322]

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful stone!!

What happened? And what is the new plan??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results