shape
carat
color
clarity

My cushion e-ring upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
This is my first post here! I’ve lurked around for some time, admiring all those beautiful rings in the Eye Candy Folder. I finally decided to share mine with you-that only seems fair since I take such pleasure in yours.
I have to admit that I stumbled upon PS when I found out that my wonderful husband has the intention of buying me an e-ring upgrade (I’m such a sherlock, no surprise gifts for me
9.gif
). Anyway, I decided to educate myself a bit as I was almost a complete diamond illiterate. Besides being really helpful with the technical information, in this forum I actually felt at home. So when I got my beautiful upgrade which I really adore and can’t stop staring at (I guess that is a common disease around here-the “my-eyes-are-stuck-to-my-diamonds” syndrome), I just had to share it with you.
The ring is set in 14k white gold, the center stone is a 1.02ct cushion, L, SI2 (after a pedantically thorough research with a magnifying glass all I found was the tiniest chip on one side). There are 12 round diamonds down the band and 5 additional small diamonds on each side of the base of the mounting (a nice element of surprise!) with .28 total ctw.
Leaving the numbers aside, I love this ring even more because there was no special gift occasion for it-just the love of my husband for me (and that was a quote)
30.gif
. The diamond sparkles like crazy and changes its color the most fascinating way-one minute it looks icy white and the next it turns a warm tint of yellow.
OK, after boring you to death, I’ll try to post some pics. Keeping my fingers crossed…

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
OK, hope this works...

mossy.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I did it!
36.gif

The obligatory hand shot...

Balcony shot.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
And this one is my avatar. The diamond looks a bit fuzzy in the pics when it''s actually clear like water but that was the best I could do.
20.gif

hand closer.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds have such personality, don''t they?! You have a sweet husband. It have found good luck taking pictures under the scattered light of a tree--isn''t it fun to experiment?!

Enjoy your ring!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope!

Many congrats on your new ring!! I love an L colour myself too!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the warm welcome! And yes, I love the experiments with the camera, it''s my new obsession. I''ve taken like a hundred pics from every possible angle, light, etc.-not very good unfortunately, but I''m getting better
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2008 7:53:53 AM
Author: AdiS
Thank you for the warm welcome! And yes, I love the experiments with the camera, it''s my new obsession. I''ve taken like a hundred pics from every possible angle, light, etc.-not very good unfortunately, but I''m getting better
1.gif
Try macro mode on the camera ( flower icon) and shoot with the sun behind you. Also keep both the camera and ring as steady as possible, keep trying!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! What a sweet gesture from your husband.
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 7:53:53 AM
Author: AdiS
1.gif
Yes, are you like me...trying to take pictures outside and when people drive by make like you are taking a picture of some exotic kind of moss or squirrel? lol, lol (I really stress out too much over it!-Crack myself up.)
Welcome to PS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are in good company.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
LOL I was sitting there the whole day and the darn squirrel never showed up!
3.gif
The first picture was actually taken on my terrace-there''s something like a rockery with moss and a fountain and all.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Adis and welcome! I really like your first pic, I thought straight away "what a pretty setting".
I have to ask - I can't really tell from your pics but does your ring have like a circle or "cushion" of metal under where the prongs are? I can't quite make it out, but am very interested to hear more about the setting!

ETA: oh, I'm sorry! I just re read your first post where you said these are surprise diamonds, how sweet! do you have any pics of this angle?
As Lorelei mentioned, the macro mode on your camera can help with close up pics.
5.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Hi arjunajane! I''m glad you like the setting too cause I personally think it''s really individual. What seems like a metal cushion is actually the swirl of the prongs. Here''s the clearest shot I could manage of the prongs and the diamonds between them.

swirl.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen a setting like yours (from the side view) before -- did your husband have it designed like that for you? And so thoughtful! The best gifts are the ones they give you when it''s NOT your birthday or Christmas!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations AdiS, what a sweet post. Your ring looks gorgeous, enjoy it and wear it in the best of health!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words! RxTechRN2b, as far as I know my husband saw that setting at a local jeweller''s and loved it.
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a cool profile! I like all the surprise diamonds!!! What a lovely surprise (well....sorta surprise, right?)
2.gif

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, it is lovely and unique. What a great hubby you have....

Ava15

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I am really enjoying seeing and learning more about cushion cuts. Wear it proudly!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been around for a while and I have to say I missed PS (this is truly an addiction!) Ladies, thank you for your compliments, you''re so kind! BTW, special thanks to Lorelei for the photo advice-I think I''m getting the hang of it!
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that setting!! More pics needed!! :)

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Isabelle! I''ll sure add some new pics if you''re interested!
1.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, as I promised I have some new pics to share
1.gif
Here's some fire!

fire0225.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Orange flames...

fire_0210.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
A star in blue and green...

fire_0223.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
A little rainbow...

fire_0434.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
A ray of light...

fire_0237.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely fire!!
30.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least-my absolute favourite!
18.gif

fire_0302.JPG

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lorelei! As I said, it was your advice about the macro mode that encouraged me to try out my humble photo skills!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results