shape
carat
color
clarity

My Cushion Cut Micropave Ring By Mark Turnowski

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! And what a lucky lady to be receiving it! We simply must have some more pictures
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring.
She''ll love it. Good luck and make sure to post hand pics!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind words! This experience has been amazing. I've hidden the ring in my apartment, but whenever my GF isn't around I pull it out and look at it. I can't leave it go!!

Mark was great throughout the entire process. Very knowledgable and helpful. I had spent a lot of time before hand at other jewelers, non of which I felt entire comfortable with. In fact, 1 jeweler showed me a stone that Good Old Gold has listed on their website for 2K less!!! Needless to say I was very hesitant when dealing with NY diamond dealsers.

I initially approached mark for the setting only, but he politely asked if I would mind seeing some stones as well. He showed me Cushion Brilliant diamonds (as opposed to the Cushion Modified Brilliant ones I had been looking at) and spent 2 hours explaining the differences, letting me look at the stones though all the tools he had (he has an Ideal Scope on his desk), etc. Also, he showed me what other dealers were listing the stone for, and explained how the diamonds are distributed and sold. He took me directly to speak with the gentlemen who would eventually make the setting. We even went back with my GF so she could get sized up, explain what she wanted (she wasn't as picky as I was, apparently). He also made the process very easy by providing an appraisal (he's a certified gemologist) for the insurance agent he referred me to. All in all it was very easy and comfortable, and a welcomed change of pace from the people had become used to dealing with in the diamond district. Kudos Mark!

I am having some issues with my proposal plans, since I've already booked a trip to Snowbird (Utah) which I intended to be an "After Engagement" surprise trip. My GF works as a lawyer for a solo practioner, so coordinating her time off was a bit trickey. However, the trip isn't until Feb 5th and her mother is leaving the country on Jan 30th for 2 months so I'm think I need to bump up the engagement a week earlier. Not sure what I'm going to do, any ideas?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow! There are so many beautiful cushions to drool over in SMTR!

Fatguy: I love, love, love your future fiancee''s ring. You did a great job...it''s beautiful!

TimothyLYork

Rough_Rock
Fatguy,

For starters, let me say your halo/cushion creation looks wonderful! After reading your posts, I must say we sound alot alike. I have been looking at cushion cuts for months and have spent countless hours on pricescope doing my homework. I have pretty much decided on having Leon Mege design my setting. But, it sounds like Mark T. knows cushions. Let me ask you this, what did he tell you was the difference between a brilliant and modified brilliant? I am curious. I am also looking to purchase a 1.5ct diamond with f/g color and vs1/vs2 clarity (similar to yours). If you don''t mind, what are the specs on your stone? For example: l/w ratio, culet, flourecence, depth/table, etc? Any numbers would help because I like the way your diamond looks. Also, could you post a picture of the basket under your diamond? I want to create something similar and any help you could give me would be beneficial. Thanks :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That ring is absolutely stunning. Isnt Mark a great guy? He found us my stone and did my setting too...she is going to love love love that ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sounds like Mark is the cushion KING! your ring is absolutely amazing... I am such a sucker for cushions
30.gif

fatguy

Rough_Rock
TimothyLYork -

The cushion modified brilliants have more facets on the underside of the girdle, giving it more of a "crushed ice" look. The Cushion Brilliants are more old fashion looking, which is what I was going for.

Here are the specs of the stone:

Measurements - 7.40 x 6.56 x 4.47 mm (L/W Ratio: 1.13)
Weight - 1.52 carat
Depth - 68.1%
Table - 61%
Culet - None
Polish - Good
Symmety - Good
Clarity - VS2
Color Grade - G
Fluorescence - None

Here's a picture of the basket:

Ring006.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats fatguy, the stone is a stunner and it look like you got the setting you had been dreaming of!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
fatguy, the ring looks good on your finger
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Fatguy, the ring is absolute perfection!
36.gif
Good luck with the proposal.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 11:32:52 PM
Author: TimothyLYork
Fatguy,
For starters, let me say your halo/cushion creation looks wonderful! After reading your posts, I must say we sound alot alike. I have been looking at cushion cuts for months and have spent countless hours on pricescope doing my homework. I have pretty much decided on having Leon Mege design my setting. But, it sounds like Mark T. knows cushions. Let me ask you this, what did he tell you was the difference between a brilliant and modified brilliant? I am curious. I am also looking to purchase a 1.5ct diamond with f/g color and vs1/vs2 clarity (similar to yours). If you don''t mind, what are the specs on your stone? For example: l/w ratio, culet, flourecence, depth/table, etc? Any numbers would help because I like the way your diamond looks. Also, could you post a picture of the basket under your diamond? I want to create something similar and any help you could give me would be beneficial. Thanks :)

This is the ring that keeps on giving! From Winnie''s gorgeous ring to Fatguy & Winnie''s meeting leading to Fatguy''s awesome ring ... and now this! Pricescope is gonna be partially responsible for some of the prettiest rings in the whole dern country. One hand at a time!

KUDOS, Fatguy. That is a breathtaking, stunning ring of absolute perfection and I can''t wait to hear your (upcoming) proposal story & see more hand shots on the LUCKY, LUCKY lady!!!!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner! You''ve got a winner for sure!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ring012.jpg

I just love this shot of it. What a gorgeous ring!

Mark''s name sure does come up a lot when people talk about cushions. He seems to really know his stuff!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Gosh !

It is just gorgeous. Love the stone.

I bet your GF will get lots of ooh''s and ahh''s.

Congratulations, you and Mark did a FINE job.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! It turned out perfect.
36.gif
Congratulations!

Heather

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Hey fatguy, nice handshot! It will look even more stunning on your GF for sure.
You designed a beautiful ring. I love the way it turned out! Congratulations in advance. Hope all goes well with the ring burning a hole in your pocket...

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Cr*p!! This ring is fantastic. I cannot get over it. Stunning!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! fatguy
your GF will faint when she see this ring.
30.gif
10.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring! It''s absolutely perfect!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
Proposal is happening tomorrow, hand pics to follow.

As for the proposal, I''ve decided to keep it low key, but special. I plan on waking her up tomorrow morning with the breakfast, flowers, and the ring. Then, I''ve set up a full day''s schedule of events....mostly at a spa ;-) Then dinner with family, and reserved a table at a trendy NYC lounge for the evening. We''ve been dating for 5 years, lived together for 2+ of those, she knows it''s coming.

Also, next weekend we leave for a surprise trip skiing in UT ;-)

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
YES, FatGuy...I''ll marry you!!

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty! Your gf is lucky to have a guy that does his research and makes sure the rock is of great quality. It looks great. Hand pics please!!
30.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Wowsa! Holy Smokes!
emthup.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Your lady is going to LOVE it!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
She said yes ;-)

She is insisting on a manicure before I post hand shots, so look for em tomorow. And for Mark and ERD...She loves it!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Fatguy!! Your ring is making me drool!!!!! It is awesome. Great job, and Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Fatguy, she said yes but what about the details? You can''t leave us waiting!!! We wanna know how the proposal went. Well?
23.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Congratulations!!! I''m sure she loved it (we all did ...). I can''t wait to hear the story!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results