shape
carat
color
clarity

My CS Year 2015

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I wonder if it only works if are you a member of the "Fine Faceted Gems & Cabs Auctions" group on FB? Here's the photo:

Here's the description:
1.46 ct - 50 Round Diamond Cut 1.9 mm Tsavorites
Auction ends Wednesday, June 17th, at 10 pm eastern.

Very pretty Diamond cut Tsavorites! 50 pieces, 1.9 mm! Great for the jeweler or the person designing their own jewelry!

Color - Light tone green - GIA Gemset G 3/3 - Slightly grayish
Clarity - Eye clean
Cut - Round diamond cut
Dimensions - 1.90 mm X 1.3 mm (deep)
Weight - 1.46 ct
Treatment - None
Origin - Tanzania
$6.00 shipping via USPS priority mail in USA with tracking number.
7 Day return policy once you receive the stone. Your money back if not satisfied.

(current bid is $53)

19mm_tsav_parcel.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
carmen1|1434583379|3890583 said:
Hmm, I wonder if it only works if are you a member of the "Fine Faceted Gems & Cabs Auctions" group on FB? Here's the photo:

Here's the description:
1.46 ct - 50 Round Diamond Cut 1.9 mm Tsavorites
Auction ends Wednesday, June 17th, at 10 pm eastern.

Very pretty Diamond cut Tsavorites! 50 pieces, 1.9 mm! Great for the jeweler or the person designing their own jewelry!

Color - Light tone green - GIA Gemset G 3/3 - Slightly grayish
Clarity - Eye clean
Cut - Round diamond cut
Dimensions - 1.90 mm X 1.3 mm (deep)
Weight - 1.46 ct
Treatment - None
Origin - Tanzania
$6.00 shipping via USPS priority mail in USA with tracking number.
7 Day return policy once you receive the stone. Your money back if not satisfied.

(current bid is $53)

Great find, Carmen! Given the fact that Jim's stones appear to be slightly darker in tone in person, these tsavs appear like they might be an ideal match (assuming the size would work) in tone and saturation. It might be an inexpensive way to see how tsavs would look with your lovely yellow. :))

Oh, and yes, you DO have to be a member to see the link - but joining should be easy enough to do, I think.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bagged this little gem overnight, it is likely to be a pendant or a bangle as it may be too big even for a cocktail ring on my chunky size 10.5 US finger:

jdlemonquartzps05332.jpg

I lost out on a pink cushion cut spinel though, hey ho.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great purchase DK! Love the color and cut... and the size! It will look gorgeous in a pendant.

And congrats with your your beautiful blue topaz supernova oval!

_31356.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful lemon Quartz DK! You have so many stones to set now!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still have not heard back from JD about setting my RH amethyst, and shall give him a nudge.

I may set other (lesser) stones first so that I can increase my workwear ring wardrobe sooner, such as the blue zircon heart, the aqua square, the oval grey spinel, one of the amethysts from JD etc., as I suspect the setting for the RH amethyst I have in mind is going to cost quite a bit more.

I have also asked JD if he could cut me some Tsavorite melees for the yellow/green cushion zircon.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD has provided me with some quotes, and it looks like I may set the yellow/green zircon first, either as a 3-stone with pear Tsavorite sidestones, or a channel set Tsavorite halo like this one with a plain shank and no millgrain:

cushion-cut-diamond-and-sapphire-engagement-ring-10253-t-view.jpg

Fingers crossed that he can, as I love this design and believe the yellow/green combination will look fabulous.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, good news DK :wavey:
And what a fabulous setting :love:
It will be great to see more of JD's setting work here on PS.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435101854|3893249 said:
JD has provided me with some quotes, and it looks like I may set the yellow/green zircon first, either as a 3-stone with pear Tsavorite sidestones, or a channel set Tsavorite halo like this one with a plain shank and no millgrain:

cushion-cut-diamond-and-sapphire-engagement-ring-10253-t-view.jpg

Fingers crossed that he can, as I love this design and believe the yellow/green combination will look fabulous.

Beautiful setting inspiration, DK! You're really on a roll lately. :D You're amassing a gorgeous collection.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I can't wait to see your ring(s)!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words!

I got these this morning for my interchangeable earring project (interchangeable studs with earring jackets):

jdamethyst6mm__57.jpg

Together with these I bought a few days ago:

jdskybluetopaz6mm.jpg

By the time they are set, they should be 7mm or so in diameter.

I already have a pair of black pearl studs for this project, just need to add a pair of white pearl studs, and perhaps some pink tourmalines to complete the set.

For the earring jackets, I am likely to have 2 pairs, one just plain polished WG, and the other paved diamonds, 11-12mm in diameter maximum.

P.S. Still shopping, as I have another ring in mind... :naughty: :bigsmile:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You're a quick gem shopper DK! I love the amethyst pair.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434960432|3892528 said:
Great purchase DK! Love the color and cut... and the size! It will look gorgeous in a pendant.

I have made my first payment, therefore, the Supernova circled will soon be mine :bigsmile: :

dougmenadue_naturalbluetopaz_asscherssupernova_2.jpg
dougmenadue_naturalbluetopaz_asscherssupernova_1.jpg

Also got these, 10 x 2.7mm Tsavorites:
jd2p7mmtsavoritebought.jpg

May use them to set this little spinel:
jdspinelpt83ct.jpg

In a similar design to this ring:
tsavoire-faire12a.gif

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435363049|3894989 said:
Acinom|1434960432|3892528 said:

I have made my first payment, therefore, the Supernova circled will soon be mine :bigsmile: :

dougmenadue_naturalbluetopaz_asscherssupernova_2.jpg
dougmenadue_naturalbluetopaz_asscherssupernova_1.jpg

Also got these, 10 x 2.7mm Tsavorites:
jd2p7mmtsavoritebought.jpg

May use them to set this little spinel:
jdspinelpt83ct.jpg

In a similar design to this ring:
tsavoire-faire12a.gif

That is going to be one gorgeous piece of jewelry, DK.

Sooo.......since I'm lazy to go through the entire thread again, can you summarize all your gems and projects? You have amassed so many nice stones I can't keep track! Seriously I am impressed! :naughty: :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I second Mochiko's request for a BIG extravaganza overview of future projects 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got these earlier this morning (I love this snipping app I have as it does the hard work with good results so far):

A 4.64ct 9.30 x 7.5mm White Topaz, it would be interesting to see how it compares against my JW precision cut white topaz and that cheapo one from caratsgems:
jdwhitetopaz4p64ct930x750.jpg

A pair of 6mm blue zircons for my earring project:
jdbluezircon6mm.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am kind of lost myself with regard to setting priorities! :oops: :lol:

I believe I should concentrate on increasing my workwear ring wardrobe as it currently has 2 (the 3-stone ruby heart and the JD aqua) may be 3 rings if I count the square amethyst (slightly too big for the ring fingers now that it does not fit my middle fingers).

JD is going to get back to me next week with regard to whether he could set the cushion yellow/green zircon with a tsavorite halo, and how much it would be to have the stones cut etc... If the whole thing is within my reach, then I would go ahead with this, unless something else turns up and trumps it. :naughty:

To increase my daytime/workwear ring collection (all these should be under 1k USD total, some may even be under 500 USD):

I shall set one of the amethysts, most likely to be this cushion in a simple halo:
jd2p32ctamethyst9x586.jpg

I shall also set this blue zircon heart in a Gypsy setting or put it in a halo (I love halos):
jdheartzircon3p76ct907x10x636.jpg

I would like to set the pink spinel with the tsavorite as mentioned already above.

If possible, I would like to set this aqua in an Art Deco inspired setting like this one:
jdaqua__57.jpg deco_step_square_emerald_and_diamond_ringa.jpg

Lastly, I would like to set this Sea of Cortez mabe in a halo:
18_1.jpg

And there may be one more ring, however, it may go under the "better stones" category (to be revealed soon I hope).

For the better stones, the ring setting priority would be something like this:

1. RH square amethyst
2.Doug's Supernova top colour natural blue topaz
3. Mystery project :naughty:

That's the plan right now, and no doubt it will change in no time! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great overview of projects DK!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to seeing your completed projects DK! The tsavs look beautiful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot about setting the 3 pairs of 6mm stones myself in settings to be bought from Tripps, so that I can wear them with my small diamond earring jackets (shown with the plain WG, diamond and pearl studs that I already have):

jdamethyst6mm__57.jpg
jdbluezircon6mm.jpg
jdskybluetopaz6mm.jpg
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1435399563|3895128 said:
Looking forward to seeing your completed projects DK! The tsavs look beautiful.

Fingers crossed that there may be more tsavorites in my ring collection. :naughty:

And no, I am not getting that lovely oval JD tsavorite, as that is way out of my budget (I can get the camping tent package that I am eyeing for that price!).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought these 6mm pink topaz and 5 sets of earring settings (non-Tripps, something called Snap Tite via eBay) to complete the earrings project:

6mmpinktopaz.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pink topazes DK! You are on a roll! How long will it take before you can have all of your beauties set?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings should be set as soon as I have the stones and the earring findings.

As for rings and other projects, it could take years as I have amassed quite a few. :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Still cannot reveal the mystery project, hopefully, I'd be able to soon.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous topaz pair DK! They are so bright and pink!

Please post photos of the settings when they arrive - I'm very interested to see how they work and look.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the earring findings I purchased, 6 prongs, rhodium plated:

__57__69_.jpg

And this is a pair of 5mm garnets in the 6-prong setting:

__kgrhqz__rifi4bf3hfvbsqgum13sw--60_12.jpg

I chose the 6-prong and not the 4-prong as this is the only listing with multi-buy for 5 pairs and rhodium plated.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Cool earring findings. Happy there're still lots of projects to follow once Acinom start her ban. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not imposed a ban on myself yet, however, I did suggest to JD recently that he should ban me from his eBay shop!

DK :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can reveal my mystery project now that Brad of The Gem Trader fame and I have resolved our e-mail issues as he did not appear to receive my e-mails when sent from one of my e-mail addresses.

I have getting a pair of mis-match pears of aqua and tourmaline from him, 2.90ct total weight, 9.6mm x 6.3mm each, to be set in a by-pass ring of my own design, with inspirations taken from other rings as seen on the web.

tgtmis-matchpears2p90ct96x63mm_01.gif
pearbypassring.png

I have not decided whether to have paved diamonds or leave it plain and shiny, and shall cross that bridge when the time is near.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Great reveal of the mystery project!! Gorgeous stones DK and I am really impressed with your design abilities. What a stunning ring. And what a finger coverage!!
Will the stones be sent to your home first prior to setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results