shape
carat
color
clarity

My colored diamond ring collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AZWildcat

Rough_Rock
You collection nudged me out of lurkdom. I just have to say WOW!!! You have an amazing colored collection, those pinks are incredible and that blue is out of this world!!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
diamond, md - no problem, just hope the info is helpful. And if I recall, did you write in another thread that you have a yellow diamond? If so please post pics! Would love to see it :) It''s torture to read about these stones and not see any photos
19.gif

AZWildcat - I''m so glad that I got you to come out of lurkdom! Welcome to Pricescope and thanks for the compliments!

kroshka

Michi

Rough_Rock
OMG, your colored diamonds are TDF! Anyone can have a white diamond, but pink, purple, yellow and more pinks?! So awesome! Thanks for the terrific treat!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW your collection is awesome I am 100% in love :D

reader

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful colors!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I love colored diamonds!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Just stunning!!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:28:17 PM
Author: chiapet
Thanks for sharing your collection! I''ve always a colored diamond ring.
Kroshka, can you recommend a store or person to get colored diamonds from?

Hi Kroshka,

Glad to see your thread has taken on a life of its own - yay colored diamonds!!!

Sorry to hear about all the illness. Hope things get better.

Thought you might be able to point some of us in this direction?

Looking on-line is the pits. Any hints?

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Michi, Deelight, reader, 04diamond<3 and lisa - thank you for the compliments!

Lisa - in regards to stores - very few retail stores I have been to have fancy colors. If they do, they usually only have some champagne or some yellows. So, it is hard to come by pinks, blues, and other colors. Some places may be able to get a few stones in to view though, it never hurts to ask. I think sometimes you might have better luck doing this type of thing if it is a higher end store but not a chain. I noticed that some Bailey, Banks, and Biddles stores actually get some finished rings in. So far, I saw they had 3 different pink rings (only one looked nice to me in terms of color), several yellows, and one orangy yellow one. Prices were too high in my opinion (with a couple of exceptions for some yellows), but again they are a retail front with lots of overhead costs.

I did see some jewelry stores in Las Vegas have colored diamonds :) Yellows were common and some carried a few pinks - already in rings. I also saw they had some browns and orangy browns. Tiffany''s had a beautiful squarish emerald cut blue diamond ring (3 stone ring) when I was visiting in 2006. If I recall correctly it was slightly over a carat, but not by much. Wish I could say the SA was nice when I inquired about it, but she really rather snobbish and rude.

In regards to online - it seems ever-changing. More recently I started to see some questionable websites that did not post their specific store policies, their business address other than a PO Box etc. Some only posted their phone number. I would never even take the chance on buying from such places. But that said, if a place does have all of those things very clearly listed, I would entertain giving them a call to see what they have or might be able to get in given a color and a budget. I have purchased a stone from Diamonds By Lauren in the past. His policies are clearly stated and I know several people from the board have purchased from him. Other online places include Icestore mentioned on PS several times (they used to have specific stones listed for pinks, blues, etc, but have since changed the website so that you would have to call to inquire to get prices and available inventory. I was disappointed that they no longer post specific stones other than yellows (large inventory listing :). In the past I have contacted them, but they were not very responsive. Perhaps others have had better luck?

Anyhow hope this was a little bit helpful. I''m a consumer like everyone else, but I just happen to be in love with these special rocks so I try to scour all over the place to see as many of them as possible when I can.

kroshka

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Your halo is to die for!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank You Kroshka for taking the time to give some of us tips on the fancy side of things.

Stilll waiting for that magical "in" to Argyle or at least a lead, a name, a source to begin.

If I uncover anything i''ll keep you posted
emwink.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry no hand shots yet - have not had time. Very difficult in dealing with a very sick loved one. But, in the mean time thought I would share a pic of another ring that I have that was an ebay find.

Fancy Yellow-Green
21.gif

Kroshka

yel_green.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 8:10:20 PM
Author: kroshka
Sorry no hand shots yet - have not had time. Very difficult in dealing with a very sick loved one. But, in the mean time thought I would share a pic of another ring that I have that was an ebay find.

Fancy Yellow-Green
21.gif

Kroshka

WHHAAATTTTT?????? MMMOOOORRREEEEE!!!!!!
emquestion.gif
embeer.gif
face22.gif
emidea.gif

You gotta stop popping in here like that and giving us even more to drool over.

Ebay? You got to be kidding me. Unless it was Diamonds by Lauren how, who did you find trustworthy enough to buy this?

I love it Kroshka and I hope things in your world improve in the days to come.

We had my dad home for 1 month last Nov. before he died. It was a long, complicated, exhausting time. And I had just had a baby.

My thoughts are with you.

Lisa
35.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 12:14:57 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Date: 3/24/2008 8:10:20 PM

Author: kroshka

Fancy Yellow-Green
21.gif

Kroshka

WHHAAATTTTT?????? MMMOOOORRREEEEE!!!!!!
emquestion.gif
embeer.gif
face22.gif
emidea.gif

You gotta stop popping in here like that and giving us even more to drool over.

Ebay? You got to be kidding me. Unless it was Diamonds by Lauren how, who did you find trustworthy enough to buy this?

I love it Kroshka and I hope things in your world improve in the days to come.

We had my dad home for 1 month last Nov. before he died. It was a long, complicated, exhausting time. And I had just had a baby.

My thoughts are with you.

Lisa
35.gif

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I do on occasion live dangerously on ebay....lol. This ring was purchased a couple of years ago (not DBL) and it had a full GIA report. I don''t think the seller knew what it should have been priced for, plus prices for yellow-greens can vary quite a bit from what I have observed over time. I would say this ring was one of my great finds. I didn''t exactly buy it for the ring it is in, but it was a plus that it was already set I guess. I guess I''m just going to end up with a collection of halo''ed rings
28.gif

I''m so sorry to hear about your father but am glad you were able to have him home at least and hopefully your baby had a chance to meet grandpa. My mother has cancer and everything happened rather suddenly and without time to swallow and digest the situation. Dealing with everything is so new, exhausting, emotional and extremely difficult. I''m in the state of mind that I have to do everything in my power possible to help her, make her comfortable, and be strong for her. Thanks you for your support and thoughts. Although sometimes I feel guilty thinking about sparklies and such given the situation, at least it does give me something else to think about when I really need it. I''ve been trying to find ways to divert my mind when it gets to be too much.

kroshka

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Kroshka,

If you ever need any info. or guidance about how to help your mom please let me know.

By profession I am a medical social worker and know my way around the whole messy hospital, medical industry.

I was able to pull off the impossible by getting my father home (1st time on Hospice and 2nd time with a tracheostomy!!!!w/o hospice) this is seldom if ever done.

Mos, dare I say all, patients who are that critically ill die in a facility.

I digress....not knowing how your mother is doing.

Don''t always believe what the establishment tells you there are ways to work the system. This applies to treatment, aftercare, and options when things look bleak.

And believe me, any spare time I had between dad and baby was spent browsing at Tiffany''s (we bought the e-ring there during this time partly for sentimental reasons).

And now I am still grieving and diamond obsessing but its a better outlet then many other self-destructive paths.

So my heart is with you and your family.
emlove.gif

And yes grandpa got to spend time w/ Olivia as we lived in the house w/ him the last month and were there the day he died.

Take care,

Lisa

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Finally a couple of hand shots - sorry that they aren''t that great, but it''s one of the better ones. Please don''t mind the ugly hand!

kroshka

blue_pear_hand.jpg

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
2nd one....

IMG_2957.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results