shape
carat
color
clarity

My collection and what to do w/blue ovals

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took my stones up to Gramma''s today to show her and talk about projects and we talked about when Grampa was alive and cutting stones. I had the stones all laid out and we were playing w/them and it dawned on me-I have a collection! Granted, it''s really small and most are spoken for projects but still!

I took a few pictures of them all together, and some of the blue spinels by themselves. They were the gift from Dana when I got my ering stone. They''re 6x4, and he calls them lavender blue, but I can''t seem to catch anything but blue. I''d originally thought I''d save them and do little matching stacker rings for myself and London, but now I''m thinking I''d like to wait until she''s a little older and we can do a project together.

Haven''t decided yet, but thought I''d put up pics of them and see if you guys had any ideas of what to do w/them. A ring of some sort. Another 3 stone? Stackers? Maybe if I got 3 smaller rounds I could make a band ring?

Heck I don''t know. I''m just playing around b/c I don''t feel like cleaning the house.
41.gif

100_08981.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one you can see the high crown of the yellow chryso and I thought it was neat.

100_09021.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_09161.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_09201.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_09281.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_09361.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one

100_09411.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Aww packrat, I''m glad you went to your gramma''s to show her the stones - I''m sure she enjoyed seeing both you and your growing collection! I like those blue spinels - are you set on a ring? It might not be your taste, but I''d do dangly earrings with those in a heartbeat!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so cool to see a graduation of colours like that. Are you sure you aren''t going to change your mind and do a DBTY or bracelet or something like that?
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Multi gem bezel set flower ring? I love how all the pastels look together, and I see them as a petal on the flower. I''ve been thinking of doing that myself with several lavender and pink spinels I have.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Cell! I like talking to Gramma about gems, it''s so fun! I''ve sent her a link to here but so far she''s not visited, far as I know.

Earrings would be pretty for sure, but I never wear them. Mostly b/c I think I''ve developed an allergy to the nickel in the metal, but maybe if they were done in something nickel free I''d wear them. I used to wear earrings *all* the time.

Chrono, that''s a good idea too, about a bracelet. I''ve actually thought about doing a cab bracelet like one on Jim Meyer''s site, but could never figure out how to have a bracelet that didn''t dangle and hit the stones on things..I''ve been waiting to see what AJ comes up w/for her bracelet so I could copy cat her haha. Smaller stones like these aren''t that expensive either, to get more for a bracelet.

Hm..you know, I just might nix the ring idea, get more stones and save these for an earrings/bracelet project.
36.gif
I make this face
31.gif
and my husband and his wallet make this face
32.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, missed you TL! This is what happens when I click reply and wander away haha!

I''m not much for multi stone rings, but when you said that, it reminded me someone posted a picture of one a while back that I thought was really neat. I wish I''d saved it! I can''t remember now tho if it was a flower or a cluster of some sort. Cool idea TL!

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Packrat, you can get alloys with no nickle. Yellow gold and palladium are typically nickle-free, and some people with allergies have great luck with palladium.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
You have a lovely collection! I vote for bracelet. If you are concerned about hitting the stones, you can have them bezeled. Sort of like Tiffany''s diamond by the yard bracelet (I cannot post a link since Tiffany site won''t load on my IE now)

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat, you do have a collection! I am jealous, your pastels are lovely. I like the idea of you and London having a project with such special stones.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pastel colors..... Be careful though..... the collecting bug will bite you and the next thing you know you will have dozens! (not a bad thing, except on your pocketbook).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! If I decide to go the earring route I''ll definitely look into doing it in those metals to bypass the allergy, thanks Jessi!

I think it will be fun to do a project w/London down the road..maybe I''ll spend some time getting some smaller stones and just save them all until we can go thru them and she can decide what she wants to do, and then use the rest for earrings/bracelet for myself after our joint project.

That way I can still keep somewhat of a collection after the yellow and white stones are in the 3 stone and the greens are in stackers! Ha, I should get started now so the blues don''t feel lonely when the others are gone.
41.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results