shape
carat
color
clarity

my chrome tourmaline ring is on its way

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
faegrace|1303866397|2905826 said:
I take very little credit, actually. Michael interpreted any vision I had. I think it was a different type of project for him though, if you go by his website.

and therein lies the problem with custom jewelry: finding someone that can share your vision and/or interpret in a manner you mean. it took me longer to find the person capable of that than it did the stone!

congrats! its organic and lovely. the color stone is still the star of the show....perhaps even more so.

MoZo

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much. You're awesome

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My, what a gorgeous ring. You did a great job.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
MoZo ~

I hear you; I am thrilled to have found a skilled and versatile artist in Michael! My tastes range so I have to consider that in my projects.

Athena ~

Good luck on your journey! Keep us updated?

Bright Ice ~

Aww, thank you. I cannot wait to try it on! The next two days will be long (at least my 'purple egg' will arrive today....)

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, I will definitely keep everyone posted. I really don't have a clue what to do with my "Big Barry" so it's always fun to have options. I may go to downtown LA on Friday and check out those options too.

Tell us about your purple egg!

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
That is amazing! So BEAUTIFUL!!!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

I understand how hard it can be to decide! I actually know what I want for three projects but have to adjust time frame with my purse strings.

What style do you lean toward? Or styles?

I have an amethyst from Barry on its way, arriving today. I have wanted one for a long time but I am pretty particular about the color, so we shall see. (I voiced my concerns about it going black when set.) Art nouveau-inspired cocktail ring maybe....

Direct me to the specs on your 'Big Barry' ?

~ faegrace

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
drillsgtsgem ~

Yes, definitely Michael outdid himself! :appl: This may even warrant dancing a jig upon arrival.

~ faegrace

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

That's right, now I remember. :cheeky: Wow, you do have a journey ahead of you! It's rather awesome though and what fun. Any setting ideas??? Even just the beginnings of ideas?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning! I want that setting too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
faegrace|1303870176|2905892 said:
Arcadian ~

Thank you for the compliment! How is your project with the luscious blue/green coming along?

~ faegrace

Its with Richard Sherwood right now. I'm not in a HUGE rush, considering my lovely tax bill (:angryfire: darn you Uncle Sam!) He's got a job in front of mine, so I think possibly this week I should get something back.

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Kismet ~

That is a lovely compliment; thank you so very much. :)

Arcadian ~

Okay, now I have to know who Richard Sherwood is so I don't feel stupid. I am glad it is in the works and cannot wait to see the posted pics as soon as you open the package!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
This is really beautiful. Michael outdid himself and the color on the stone is gorg. How was the setting fabricated, do you know?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Richard is doing the appraisal for insurance purposes, depending on who sets your stone, they'll require it. Once thats done, it will then go to BGD.

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian ~

Thanks for explaining. I had no idea.

I have drooled over some extraordinary settings by BGD (autumngems avatar, for example). I imagine yours will be heart-stopping as well.

Velouria ~

Yes, he did ,and I now love my tourmaline! LOL I probably won't explain the fabrication process correctly. :oops:
Maybe Michael can jump in and do so....

K9

Brilliant_Rock
faegrace, it's lovely! Can't wait for RL shots!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
K9 ~

Me too (just keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a decent photo since I am more than photographically challenged).

Thank you for the compliment.

~ faegrace

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Michael E really outdid himself! W :love: W! Beautiful!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Brandy. I wish he'd jump onto this thread because I think his artistry deserves the praise.....

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: That setting is so beautiful and unique, not to mention that gorgeous stone! Can't wait to see your photos once you get it!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Stargurl ~

Thanks a million! One more day and counting.... (This is me increasingly nervous about photos since I have no talent in that department.) The UPS guy better be here before dark tomorrow or I may drive around to hunt him down! LOL

~ faegrace

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
No prob! But until Michael does jump in, do you know if it was cast? If so, how did he make the mold? Was it hand carved? From a CAD? From a stock design?

How much of a hand did you have in the design process?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Impressive setting. I love the whole look. Congrats!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you get it yet?

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
The ring is here and it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! It looks like it was made by faery hands. (I am sure Michael appreciates the analogy BUT it's true!) So delicate, much more so than seen in the photos. The nature of the melee design truly allows the tourmaline to be a star. The tiny diamonds are like drops of dew.

Okay, enough gushing. I love it, obviously. So, I took several photos and none turned out. They were all completely blurred. ;( What am I doing wrong?!? I have a Nikon Coolpix 4600, if anyone could offer advice. I want to try again tonight. I took the pics in indirect light.

Thank you, Innerkitten. I appreciate the compliment.

Velourial ~

Michael used a CAD to create the ring. I initially described what I was looking for with words. (I am much better with words in expressing the look I want to achieve.) Then, I perused some photos of rings that had a similar feel and sent them to him. That was hard because truly, there weren't any that mirrored the effect for which I was going. Not that I found, at least. Michael presented me with a CAD, I scrapped the idea of a halo. And on it went, until we got close. I believe we struck a balance between my vision and his experience.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Athena, yes, but I need photo skills. (grumble, grumble)

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
my%20ring%20006.jpg

my%20ring%20002.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
my%20ring%202%20001.jpg

my%20ring%202%20003.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is beautiful workmanship! I LOVE IT!! :appl: *she yelled, forgetting to use her inside voice*

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful sparkly ring :love: , the tiny diamonds and rich gold set off that
lovely green stone perfectly !!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results