shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat finally passed away...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Some of you may remember me posting a few months ago about my cat Sophie who was dying of breast cancer.

My father just called me to say that she had died. I was going home on Friday and really hoped to see her one last time.

Apparently she slipped into a coma yesterday morning and then passed away in the early hours of this morning. She was a home and my parents stayed up all night with her.

My father says she wasn''t in any pain and didn''t suffer in any way.

I''m trying to remember that she had the most fantastic life any cat could have - a big garden, holidays by the seaside and compared with so many animals a huge amount of love and care.

I''m also glad that she was able to die at home in her basket with no stressful journeys - although the vet had said he''d come out any hour day or night if my parents needed him.

I really hate my animals passing away.

15.gif

This was her in happier days...

sophie071107.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
This was her as a tiny kitten - crammed into a very small basket with The Professor and his mother.

She was the runt of the litter and was all eyes and ears and not much else!

sophie110707.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so so sorry Pandora. Big hug (((())))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, thats so sad. I hope you are ok.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet baby. I''m so sorry to hear. I am glad that it was peaceful and your parents didn''t have to go through the heartwrenching decision of whether or not to put her to sleep. Big hugs to all of you. It''s so painful to lose a faithful companion (cat people know that cats are faithful - it''s just on their own terms
2.gif
).

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh - just crap. I''m so sorry; been there a few times myself. It was nice that she died peacefully at home and didn''t need a shot.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone,

I'm trying to think happy thoughts - and thought looking at pics of sparklies would work.

They look much more sparkly when you cry!

I'll be fine, I'm just a lot sad right now.
40.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Goodbye Sophie.
39.gif

Pandora, she knew she was well loved.

I hope she is basking in heaven, chasing mousey mouseys and eyeing birdies in the sky.
emrainbow.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Pandora, I am so sorry. I feel for you, and I wish I could give you a hug right now.

Please know that Sophie DID have a good life, and she went peacefully surrounded by your parents who love her.

Hang in there, and know we''re all here for you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Pandora!
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I am very sorry. HUGS

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Pandora... I am so very sorry.
15.gif

Thinking of you. xoxox

Lynn

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I''m so sorry you lost your kitty.
I have nightmares thinking about one day not having my fur babies. I''ve never lost a pet before, so I''m not exactly sure how it feels--but I can''t imagine it''s that much different than losing a real family member.
39.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Pandora!
39.gif
Big hugs to you.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I''m so sorry. I got quite teary looking at your kitty in her pictures
39.gif
She was very fortunate to have a wonderful, loving family for her entire lifetime, and it''s so good to know that she didn''t suffer at the end.

I''m glad that she brought you all joy for as long as she could.

Rest in peace, Sophie!

kittyheaven.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Bless her heart. Thank goodness she died peacefully and had a great life!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry, Pandora! I''m sure you will miss her. She was a beautiful kitty, and I''m sure she had the happiest life a cat could have had with you and your family.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this Pandora. She was a gorgeous cat and I know you will miss her tons. I''ve lost pets myself and know how difficult this is, huge hugs to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry honey. ((HUGS))

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear about your Sophie, Pandora.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about Sophie, Pandora.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
May it help you to know that I care.So sorry..

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry Pandora, at least it was a peaceful passing. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I dread the day that anything happens to any of my animals

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry Pandora
7.gif
losing a beloved animal is hard they really are one of the family. She was such a beautiful Kitty who looked well loved.

You may not be able to yet but there will come a time when you can remember the good times and smile.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pand, I am so very sorry for your loss. I too lost my precious Siamese baby a few years ago, they are wonderful cats.

You may have seen this poem before, but I add it here in the hope it may bring you some comfort, I know it has for me . Take care, again I am so sorry.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Pandora. Try to get some comfort from knowing that you and your family did the best you could have done.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so, so sorry, Pandora. It is so hard to lose our beloved furbabies. She will be in your heart forever.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am sorry for the loss of your beautiful sophie.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. Sophie was a beautiful kitty, and I''m sure you gave her as happy and as full a life as a cat could ever want.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind comments.

I''m feeling a bit better this morning and I gave my hedgehogs extra hugs last night.

I know she had a wonderful life, and I''m trying to think of all the cats in the world that never know that kind of love - although that is quite upsetting in itself.

She''s the eighth one of my babies to pass away, it''s always upsetting at the time, but I can look back at all of them with great memories.

That is a beautiful poem - I hadn''t read it before. Thanks Lorelei.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results