shape
carat
color
clarity

My bling gallery - all my favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

As you can probably tell, I was a little bored today, and sporting a new camera, so I decided to take pics of all of my favorite jewelry. I have some kind of unique estate stuff, so if anyone''s interested, here are my pics.

First, I had never taken pictures of my asscher wedding set outside - OMG, I have discovered a new appreciation for these rings ...

jjcfire63.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another fire pic

bluefire100_1113(1).JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
One more of the set

jjcfave100_11116.JPG

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wow!@!!! gorgeous set....that first pic is a beauty.
18.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
and the ering on its own

jjcsol100_1109.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, now, enough of the outside pics, here''s the journey through my jewelry box.

This is an old estate piece my dad gave me - a purple star sapphire with 33 diamonds (1 is missing ;-) set in platinum

jjcstar100_1061.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My 1 carat EC tanzanite with baguette sides in 14K WG ...

jjctan100_1085.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I love asscher diamonds, your set is gorgeous. I just got a new camera too and have been having fun taking pics of my jewelry, although mine aren''t turning out as well as yours. If I try to show the fire, the whole diamond just "whites out". How do you take nice pictures like that?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My .51 ct G SI2 RB solitaire in 14K WG pendant ...

jjcrb100_1025.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks RXTech! I turned off the flash, and use the "Close Up" setting.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My journey heart pendant - 1ct tw, H color ...

jjcheart100_1031.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the ew set tanzy!
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
By the way, my mottled skin should be a good cautionary tale for those of you who are still young - this is what happens with 30 years of sun exposure & no SPF - use your sunblock! ;-)

This is another estate piece from my dad - 18K YG with diamonds and cabochon rubies ...

jjcbow100_1058.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
These are peridots (my birthstone) set in 14K YG - they were designed for me by an artist friend ...

jjcper100_1066.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That necklace is so unique.
30.gif

ETA
I meant the cab rubies w/ribbon necklace.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
These are some 8 mm tahitian black pearl earrings from my husband with .3 ct tw diamonds in 18K WG ...

jjcbpear100_1022.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the matching pendant - 9 mm tahitian pearl with .1 ct diamond in 18K WG ...

jjcbpn100_1024.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are some aquamarine and diamond earrings in 14K WG (I really wish I had put some foundation on - holy sun spots! ;-)

jjcaqear100_1146.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the matching pendant - can you tell my husband likes to get me matching sets? He says that way he doesn''t have to think about what to get me for Valentine''s day - just something to go with whateve he gave me for Xmas :)

jjcaqn100_1033.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
What''s coolest about this set is the side view - it''s set in a heavy piece of gold with little tear-shaped cutouts, in both the pendant & the earrings - that''s my favorite part

jjcaqs100_1051.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Peridot. That''s my birthstone too. My skin is starting to show it''s age too, although I hadn''t realized how much until I started posting pics of my jewelry with the camera I just got. I''ll be 43 on Aug. 18th. My skin is really fair, but I''ve always been careful about the sun since I have lupus. So I guess it could look even worse! But I was sort of shocked to think that my hands in the pictures look like they belong to a middle-aged woman. Oh, wait, I AM middle-aged.
20.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
These are 6 x 6 mm citrines set in 18K WG - they were my "push present" when I had my son (citrine is his birthstone)

jjccit100_1100.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least, my 6 mm Mikimoto pearl studs set in 18K YG. My husband hates it when I wear these because they were a gift from an ex. Oh well, maybe he should get me a bigger set I can wear instead (I''m so bad ;-)

jjcpearl100_1080.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
FUN FUN FUN ... Man your set looks GAWWW-GEOUS outside. And so boulder-like on your finger. *sigh*

(Does your Asscher have any Fluor? -- There''s another thread going on about Asschers looking blue in sunlight & I want to report my findings over there -- because your stone has a subtle blue cast in some of the shots that I believe is sky reflection - not fluor ..but
18.gif
no matter what the cause!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- what a beautiful collection!!! Lucky girl!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Belle - thanks! I designed that ring ages ago, when I first discovered tanzanite.

Chrono - thanks! My dad used to be really into collecting antiques, so occassionally he would find a cool jewelry piece and send it my way.

SanDiegoLady - thanks so much! I noticed those new pics of your engagement ring with the side sapphires that you recently posted - yours is one of my all time favorite sets ever! I LOVE sapphires, which is a stone I''ve yet to acquire, and your ring has some gorgeous ones!

RXTech - I know what you mean - I swear, the tan always looks great from a distance, and works wonders at hiding cellulite, but when I see my skin that close, yikes! I''m like a "before" pic in a Retin-A ad :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Besides your rings (which are gorgeous) - I love that bow necklace with the cab rubies!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco! You know, I just read that thread about the flour, and I was thinking the same thing! It actually doesn''t have flour, but someimes I wish it did since it''s an H color, and sometimes I feel like I can see color in it when I''m indoors.

As I look through the rest of the pics, I realized I have very yellow lighting in my house (good for skin - not so good for diamonds :) because my RB pendant always looks so icy white, but was kind of warm looking in the indoor pic - just shows what a different lighting can make I guess!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love love LOVE the purple star sapphire ring!! I adore star and cat''s eye stones......glowy and gorgeous!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh~! They are all so beautiful! I especially love your e-ring!!! You have a beautiful collection there! Thank you for sharing the photos!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results