shape
carat
color
clarity

My bf gets my ring today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
BS,

I couldn''t help but smile when I read your story... Even if the boy makes you wait--it sounds like like you guys have a fabulous relationship and that it''s as fun as it is tortuous.

I''m sure the ring and the proposal will be worth the wait--but I hope it isn''t that long. It certainly sounds like he doesn''t want it to be...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I for one will be on pins and needles this weekend. We have talked through the whole course of her ring search and feel so connected with BrightSpot. I just have a feeling it''s going to be this weekend, if not it will be right around the corner. She better have that camera ready, cause I''m just dying to see this ring!!!!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait for you! So exciting! Your ring is going to be gorgeous!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Brightspot - I hope your b/f is throwing you off track too and doesn''t make you wait long!!
Thanks for the compliment on my dress! I love it!My wedding is May 27th 2006.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
BS,

I think he''s trying to throw you off. It should be coming up soon, if not this weekend, definitely within the next couple weeks. Just reading this thread is getting me all excited for you!! My boyfriend and I are currently looking at rings too and we were wondering how do people put the surprise element back into the proposal if we are picking out the rings together? But I guess, just waiting and waiting will build that up and when it does come, it will be of shock!

Anyway, I am going to be checking PS daily this weekend to see if you''re engaged!!

Be sure to post pics ASAP. I want to take a glimpse at that sparkler on your finger. So happy for you...
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
IMHO, I would be more excited and surprised, knowing that its coming and that the ring is something that we designed together. I like the suspense, which still has plenty of surprise as opposed to a total no clue, I didn''t know we are that stage surprise. Everyone is different.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

Appletini,

I so agree with you! I like the fact that we get to design the ring together, and honestly speaking, my SO is the type that will hit up a B&M and buy whatever the salesperson says without doing any homework. EEK,

32.gif
couldn''t bear to think of that happening.... So we''re much happier this way, picking out the ring together. He was just asking me tonight how people put the surprise element back into it if I already know it''s coming and I''m like "iono..." Since I''ve never been in this situation either. But reading up in the AWTY? forum is starting to give me an idea.

Just so exciting to think of BS situation. I''ll be going crazy if I was her. I hope he doesn''t make you wait too long. Personally, I don''t think I''ll be able to stand it. I''m the type that won''t be able to sleep!

32.gif
23.gif
32.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aww...you guys are all so sweet! Thanks for your wonderful thoughts &
responses!
This''ll be a fast post b/c bf is in the other room, but no news yet.
(of course, I''m trying to read way too much into everything he says
today!) I am enjoying the suspense, though. It''s pretty fun & will
probably lead to an even bigger surprise than if I hadn''t known it was
coming. Plus, I do like the fact that we did this together as a team.

Last night I asked him if the ring had *really* not arrived yet...he asked if I
*really* wanted to know...I said no...
2.gif

Oh, and I did have a few sleep issues last night. I had a mild ring
nightmare--I got it but the design was off--it was pretty, but fairly
different in design. I need to try to distract myself! Hee hee!
It means so much to me that everyone in my PS family is thinking of
me! Have a great weekend--you''ll be among the first to know when
something happens! Hopefully soon...
32.gif
9.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to hear the good news!!!

I feel all nervous and excited for you!! I can''t even imagine how you''re feeling!

Breathe Milly, breathe....hee

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So how was rollerblading???? I bet it was fun.
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in . . .
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 9:00:47 AM
Author: diamondlil
Just checking in . . .
1.gif
hehe i know, i am waiting for good news too!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
Brightspot -

I''ve been following your post because I''m in a similar situation. I picked out the ring I wanted, BF and I looked at diamonds a couple months ago, and then I turned the final decision over to him. He wanted to surprise me so I didn''t know when he was buying the ring, but I''m fairly sure he''s ordered it in the last couple of weeks (several reasons to believe this - he''s just not that good at being sneaky!). Anyway, I have no idea when it will be ready or arrive, so I''m not quite as close as you are. I think it''ll probably be in the next few weeks. But I''m still trying not to obsess over it and think too much about what he''s planning and when. And I''m trying to convince myself that it WON''T happen on the trip we''re taking in a couple of weeks, because I really don''t think it''ll be ready by then, and I don''t want to be disapointed.

Anyway, I laughed at your last post because just last night I the exact same ring nightmare! I dreamt that I finally got it and it was very similar to what I wanted, but not quite right. I''m glad to hear I''m not the only one having these insane ring nightmares!
9.gif

Hope to hear good news from you soon!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any news????
3.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in....anything????

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey all!

Well, no news to report.
8.gif

My bf & I talked a bit last night--I was trying to "not make plans" all weekend, kind of suspecting that it would happen. So, he said the ring is really, truly in fact not finished yet. Barring any further delays, it should arrive early next week. He was consistently teasing me that the proposal would be in September. But when we talked last night he said that he wouldn''t really wait that long, but he needed a little time to make it special & for the moment to be right. (he didn''t just want to say, "It came in--here you go.")

So, while I was initially a little disappointed b/c I''d gotten it into my head that it would happen this weekend, I''m glad it didn''t. I know that it means a lot to him to create a special moment for me & for us & that means the world to me. I just want to try to relax about this (I am feeling more relaxed, honest...
32.gif
3.gif
) and enjoy it when it comes. I hope I can stop thinking about it so much. Heh!

But the anticipation is really delicious, though. It''s kind of like we''re sharing a secret.
9.gif

abradabra, your post just made me grin from ear to ear. Thanks! I think my bf & I have a pretty good thing going too.
2.gif
I''ve very lucky to have him in my life.
9.gif

Kaleigh, the rollerblading was really fun. We went today too (and kayaking as well!). No hand injuries, but I scraped my elbow a bit. (I''m a beginner blader) Thanks for being here through all of this!
9.gif

Diamondlil, icekid, don''t worry...my PS friends will be among the first to know when it happens!

Velouria--I can''t wait to see your ring on finger too!
9.gif
It''s just amazing! Aahh....

MelissaSue, Yeah, your dress & veil are just perfect for each other...and you! You look gorgeous!

Milly, That''s exciting that you & your bf are shopping. There was definitley a time in the process when I felt that I knew too much about the ring & that it wouldn''t be a surprise when my bf proposed, but now that I''ve stepped back a bit, the anticipation is definitely building. It was also special to be able to build the ring w/ my bf (& to know it''ll be something I''ll like!) You can''t send your bf to the B&M wolves alone!

Appletini--I agree with you 100%. The suspense is really fun. And my bf is good at surprises, so I think he''ll be able to catch me off guard.

jlc0604, wow, that''s exciting that you''re in a similar boat! It seems fairly likely that he would propose on your vacation, but you''re right not to expect it in case he doesn''t. Maybe we should start a separate thread--an annex to the LIW thread--the He Has the Ring thread? I remember reading several posts about "the ring nightmare." Apparently a lot of PS ladies have had this dream. At least the rings in our dreams weren''t TOO off...
2.gif

Ok, bf just walked by and said, "Still on PS? I told you it''s not here yet! September!" LOL

Have a good evening, ladies & thanks for checking on me!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there, it won''t be long now!!!! September my foot!!!!!
3.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I really thought it was there and that he was just teasing you! Still perhaps it really is there and one day when you walk in there he will be and that will be it. I like that he want to make it special for you. How sweet! Good Luck with the waiting, try not to stalk the UPS. FedEx/DHL guys.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 6:22:36 PM
Author: Matatora
Oh my! I really thought it was there and that he was just teasing you! Still perhaps it really is there and one day when you walk in there he will be and that will be it. I like that he want to make it special for you. How sweet! Good Luck with the waiting, try not to stalk the UPS. FedEx/DHL guys.
LOL--I thought he was just teasing me too! Maybe not, though... I guess it should be here early this week. I''m trying not to think about it too much so he can surprise me.

We''re going on vacation next week, which would be ideal if we weren''t going with his parents. (not so romantic...
20.gif
)

I''m so sore from rollerblading...ugh.
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you going on vacation?? Too bad his parents will be along for the trip.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I know! Oh well...
20.gif
His folks are great, but it would be nice to be alone...
2.gif

We''re going to Block Island. I''ve never been there before, but apparently it''s nice...very quaint & relaxing!
10.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Hrm......

Mata, BS, I''m still sticking to "He has the ring, but trying to throw her off" bit. I guess we''ll just have to see what happens....
5.gif

I''m gonna start a new thread. It''s a story about my cousin and her husband. I just wanted to share with everyone because it''s such a sweet story. You ladies look for it. I''m going to go start it now...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Bright,

I''m still checking this thread daily to see if there''s any news....I''m so anxious.
32.gif
I hope you are doing better than me. Can''t wait to see some eye candy.
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is just killing me! Does he not have a heart? Cant he just let you maybe sneak a few (dozen) pictures of the ring to us? September is forever away!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Bright,

I''m bumping this to see if you have any news at all. How''s it going?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hey!

I''m working on a new thread to post, but wanted to let you guys know....I''m engaged!

36.gif

My FI popped the question on Friday night. I''m so happy!

Thanks to everyone for your support & encouragement!

9.gif

Ok, here''s a quick picture. I''m still trying to figure out how to crop/resize properly...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Here you go...

Boat hand shot small.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! OMG It''s just gorgeous. It''s soooooo pretty. It looks just like the Fay Cullen ring only prettier. I just love it and am so happy for you!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks Kaleigh!
9.gif
Thanks for all of your help & support in this process!

I''m really happy w/ how the ring turned out too! Quest did a fabulous job!
9.gif
I''m having a hard time dealing w/ the photo process, though.

Any tips, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results