shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful new 0.94 cushion from ERD!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty ring
36.gif
And there can never be too many pictures! LOL

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 12:37:14 PM
Author: baby monster
What a pretty ring
36.gif
And there can never be too many pictures! LOL

So true!!!

Beautiful setting and stone = gorgeous ring! Congrats on the engagement and a fabulous ring! Now off to the LIW board to read the proposal story
2.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love it!! Could you pretty please post some more hand pics? You have the same ring size as me and that cushion size is kinda what I am thinking I might get (eventually...
31.gif
). Now I am off to read your LIW posts! I am so glad that he FINALLY proposed after all that teasing!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Some handshots of bling for blingergrrrl...

darkeyeshand - 1.jpg

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if they''re not the best. I tried to keep them bigger so you could get a sense of scale.

darkeyeshand - 2.jpg

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I took this photo with my iPhone, hee. I wish the pictures made it look the way it does in real life! I personally think the size is great, because it''s substantial enough while staying in our budget. Plus, I feel like I could wear it anywhere; it''s a very happy medium. And sparkly!
30.gif

darkeyeshand - 3.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:06:18 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
I took this photo with my iPhone, hee. I wish the pictures made it look the way it does in real life! I personally think the size is great, because it's substantial enough while staying in our budget. Plus, I feel like I could wear it anywhere; it's a very happy medium. And sparkly!
30.gif
Thanks so much! Pictures totally beat me cutting out little pieces of paper and sticking them to my finger (uh, yeah...I hate to admit that I actually did that...I'm such a loser!). I totally agree with what you said, and I think our decision making processes are very similar! I know I won't be wearing my ring everyday (I sometimes work in the inner city and nurses have been jumped for their nursing bags - tho very rarely) but I do want something that I could wear anywhere. And honestly, I think if I went much bigger I'd get weird looks around here (average is 0.5-0.75ct RB solitaires)...but I am so happy for you! So this IS the new settting, right? Did your DF get over the mix-up?

ETA: I forgot to ask, how wide is the band?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely ring! I love the surprise diamonds and the cushion is beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
lumpkin, thank you! I''m so flattered to hear the compliments on my ring.

blingergrrrl, I''ll be teaching in New York City so I feel the same way about ring size. Although I know there are many people in Manhattan who have much, much bigger stones! This is the same setting that I posted about; I successfully convinced him not to switch it out because I liked the silhouette so much more. I don''t think it''s too high, either. The band is 2.5 mm wide so it''s skinny enough to make my diamond look big but not so narrow that it makes my finger look fat. Or so I''ve convinced myself.
28.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting and stone! Very lovely!!!! Congrats on a beautiful ring !

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! ERD does it again with the gorgeous cushions!!!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! Gorgeous ring.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful ring! Have a great school year!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 11:41:39 AM
Okay, these might be a little better. They don''t capture the fire and sparkles, but you can see the facets and detail.
Ohhhh, this is GORGEOUS!! Beautiful shot, it shows the stone off so well!
30.gif

Thanks for the close ups!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just gorgeous! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments, as well as the advice and wisdom that helped us make our choices in the first place. I know for a FACT that we wouldn''t have been nearly as informed or prepared without Pricescope.

And major credit to Gary and ERD! NeatFreak is absolutely right - they''re the best. I wouldn''t hesitate to recommend them to any diamond seekers, and I''m definitely going to spread the word among my friends.

This thread has been such an ego-boost! Hee.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely lovely!
30.gif
ERD cushions never disappoint!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love the surprise diamond!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congratulations!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 3:21:52 PM
lumpkin, thank you! I'm so flattered to hear the compliments on my ring.

blingergrrrl, I'll be teaching in New York City so I feel the same way about ring size. Although I know there are many people in Manhattan who have much, much bigger stones! This is the same setting that I posted about; I successfully convinced him not to switch it out because I liked the silhouette so much more. I don't think it's too high, either. The band is 2.5 mm wide so it's skinny enough to make my diamond look big but not so narrow that it makes my finger look fat. Or so I've convinced myself.
28.gif
Hey, they're not fat, just more to love! Besides, the average ring size is 6. It's funny how I never thought my fingers were big until PS. lol. I remember someone posting about finger liposuction once...Anyways, I am glad you convinced him to keep this setting, it's gorgeous! Sometimes things happen for a reason. ... ... ... so now I am going to ask a dangerous question ... ... ... What do you want to do for the wband??!!
31.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Ha. I actually have good finger esteem! I just thought that really, really skinny bands made them look fat. Like a really, really skinny belt would make me look fat, you know? Anyway, I''m thrilled that the setting swap happened. I''ve gotten so many compliments both on PS and in real life (including a co-worker who wanted to try it on, yikes!) that I know it''s the right one for me.

As for wedding bands...at first the plan was to go with the matching band by the designer, Scott Kay. It''s platinum with pave from 3 o''clock to 9 o''clock and milgrain edging. But it''s really expensive, and for the same money we could probably get a non-name brand eternity or semi-eternity band with milgrain. That''s very tempting! I just worry about getting it to match, because I''m a freak like that. On the OTHER hand, finances may constrain us to a plain platinum band, which wouldn''t be the end of the world either. I guess we''ll have to wait and see.

Have you started making any concrete plans about rings? I''m so curious!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
the pic with the ring slightly slanted is my favorite. i think you have it named number 3.

congrats! it is beautiful.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 9:33:51 PM

As for wedding bands...at first the plan was to go with the matching band by the designer, Scott Kay. It's platinum with pave from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock and milgrain edging. But it's really expensive, and for the same money we could probably get a non-name brand eternity or semi-eternity band with milgrain. That's very tempting! I just worry about getting it to match, because I'm a freak like that. On the OTHER hand, finances may constrain us to a plain platinum band, which wouldn't be the end of the world either. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have you started making any concrete plans about rings? I'm so curious!
Hmm, they all sound like good options...you could always go with the plain pt and get the bling wband further down the road..

As for me making any concrete plans...no, nothing. We had originally started talking about getting a ring a few months ago and having a small wedding...but my BF just got accepted into grad school (due to the fact that his workplace agreed to partially compensate him for tuition) so ALL plans are on hault. I'm just waiting around, gathering ideas. I figure I might just break the longest term on the LIW list! But he's worth the wait.
28.gif
So I am just going to live through other PS members, like YOU!
9.gif

ETA: Although I have made up my mind to get a cushion!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
milly, thanks! my fiance gave me hundreds of photos to choose from. i think he''s as obsessed as i am.

blingergrrrl, yay for your eventually joining the cushion club! i feel like i''m almost in the same spot as you, except it''s me that just got accepted to grad school (on full scholarship, hooray!) so he took care of the ring, but i''m going to be a bride in waiting until i get a real job again. i think the estimated wedding date is october of 2009 which seems to be forever away. i''ll just be living vicariously through the BWW board instead! so i feel your pain. you definitely have enough time to make up your mind about what you want, though, which is a good thing. i think we might end up going the plain platinum/eternity band later route as you suggested. whenever we eventually get married.

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
I love it! It''s so beautiful! I want one. Hehe!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Darkeyesredshoes...!!
18.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely lovely cushion!!!

I really like the stone facets and the setting.

No such thing as too many photos. I''m glad you posted the second set they let us really see the ring.

Sparkle17

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It looks perfect on your finger!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!
If you can find an eternity wedding band within budget that matches, that would be my vote. If you get the w-band that matches exactly (scott kay) it will look fantastic but it will have to stay in one exact spot to line up right. It might move around as you go through the day and be half-lined up when you look down at it. I''ve had two bands like that before and it drives me a little nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results