shape
carat
color
clarity

my beautiful BGD Barbara pendant!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought it would be fun to post this photo for size reference. This is the larger stone (the .75ct) that is now in the stock bezel setting. It started out in a martini setting. It''s interesting to see the size of the stone in the martini pendant, compared to this new BGD Barbara pendant with a much smaller stone (.453ct). The new Barbara pendant is actually similar in size to the old martini pendant. Goes to show you what a bezel does for size! Hope that made sense...

kmartpend.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks princessplease!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and it looks great on you!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Bezels are my favourite pendant settings, and this one is so elegant!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks sparklyoec and yssie!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - that comparison shot did it for me -I am definitely getting the barbara setting for my eventual pendant - it''s so delicate and lovely - it looks fabulous on you :)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow katie, it came out really great. Beautiful bright white stone.

I hate to say it, but I like both your solitaire pendants. I like the chunkiness of the Stuller mounting too. You''re lucky to own both.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you Maevie! It really is so much more beautiful. I wish I''d been able to get another .75 ct stone, but that just wasn''t in the budget. My husband told me this morning "wow, that stone is a lot more sparkly than your bigger one". Cut makes all the difference!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi gemgirl - thank you! I like them both too. I imagine I''ll wear the BGD one more often but you''re right - I''m very lucky to have both! My daughter won''t be getting the old one for a few more years, so I can still wear it any time I want!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 6:18:55 PM
Author: katiedid
and some comparison shots for jill...

Katie - wow, that Barbara pendant doesn''t compare to the stock setting, huh? I can''t get over how delicate it looks! So beautiful! Thanks for the photos!

C

celine

What a gorgeous pendant!!! It is so sparkly and looks so good on you! I can''t believe that it''s dainty IRL. It looks so huge!
30.gif
You are very lucky!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill - you are very welcome - the comparison shots were fun to take!

and thank you celine - the photos really do make it look big. And I FEEL very lucky to have it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your new pendant looks great on you! I love every photo you took and the comparison shots are really nice to see.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so much tigian!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Katie, what length chain did you end up going with? 16"?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey lizzyann, I did end up going with a 16 inch chain. I wish I''d gotten a 17 inch - the stone seems to be getting stuck in the hollow on my neck and it''s flipping over a little more than I hoped it would. I think since the stone is smallish, if I''d gotten a 17" chain, it wouldn''t migrate up quite as easily.

thank you butterfly!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you bee!

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
Stunning necklace and beautiful collection of jewelry!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow what a nice compliment sparkle zo! Thanks so much.
emsmile.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results