shape
carat
color
clarity

my babies are here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 2:23:57 PM
Author: Arcadian
30.gif
enoki, thats straight up Gem ****!
3.gif
I feel like I need a cigarette after looking at all that..
21.gif

hahahaha that''s about right! My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the pictures!

-A

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Stunning stunning stunning stunning stunning!
30.gif
They''re so lush. Great pieces! And congrats!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ohhh I''m GREEN with envy!!!!!! Just gorgeous! I love your ering!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! I have gone back to look at these several times.
They are just exquisite. Enjoy them.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....so unique and stunning....I can''t wait to see hand/neck shots....this set goes to the top of my most favorites list!!!!
30.gif

Lori

enoki

Rough_Rock
Hi again! I still haven''t figured how to put lots of photos in one so here goes...another one of the pendant. And yes it is a stunning chrome tourmaline - 4.19carats. I was sorely tempted to use this for an e-ring
3.gif

lnspendant.JPG

enoki

Rough_Rock
Side shot of the e-ring (gosh I love it). It''s a tsavorite (2.49carats) and I love it. Did I mention I''m in
30.gif
?

lnstwo.JPG

enoki

Rough_Rock
Okey dokes - last one of the ring. And I''m going to try and remember to reply all the comments/questions.

Firstly, thank you all for your lovely comments. Yes it is a beautiful suite and to boot, my amazing keeper of a fiance is giving me earrings for my recent birthday. They''re going to be chrome tourmaline rounds and will complete the set. Richard''s already sourced them and hopefully will be on their way soon
9.gif
Yes that boy is wonderful. I have to correct my original post - Phil fr Platinumsmith had a big part in designing it and refining the final look eg. claws, the way the stones are set in the wedders.

Re the cost comments - thanks arjunajane for explaining it so eloquently - I am a tad ole fashioned that way (no offence taken though and I know none was meant). Yes they are diamonds, yes they are all in platinum except for FH''s band - that''s in palladium, the 2 rounds are tsavs and the pear is a chrome tourmaline. And yes I''m in Australia and we were happy with what we paid for
21.gif
and came in under budget!

And Arcadian - your comment cracked me up!

I promise lots of hand and neck shots
36.gif
once I get my babies!

lns5.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 6:36:19 AM
Author: enoki

Re the cost comments - thanks arjunajane for explaining it so eloquently - I am a tad ole fashioned that way (no offence taken though and I know none was meant). Yes they are diamonds, yes they are all in platinum except for FH''s band - that''s in palladium, the 2 rounds are tsavs and the pear is a chrome tourmaline. And yes I''m in Australia and we were happy with what we paid for
21.gif
and came in under budget!

No worries Enoki
5.gif

I adore the side shots of the ering, that is just such a lovely design!
36.gif

so it sounds like you had a great experience with Philip? I must remember to contact him next time I need a quote - I too am in Aus, but always end up going to the US for cost and quality reasons.

Clearly your pieces are of the highest standard!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enoki,
Both came out well; they look like an excellent set. Now all you need are tsavorite or chrome tourmaline earrings to complete the suite.
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 7:45:18 AM
Author: Chrono
Enoki,

Both came out well; they look like an excellent set. Now all you need are tsavorite or chrome tourmaline earrings to complete the suite.
11.gif

didn''t ya read the lady''s post Chrono? Her fabbo man is already planning chrome tourmaline earrings! See, we do breed some ok men "down under"
25.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Enoki, are you able to please share the ct weight of the diamonds in your ering?
I really like the proportions.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
A gorgeous set, and such beautiful craftsmanship! All the gems are gloriously green the way green should be... rich, lush, verdant... one could get lost in them. Lusious. Congratulations, I know that you will enjoy these for a lifetime to come. I''m looking forward to seeing more photos.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Absolutely stunning!

Thank you so much for sharing those pics with us. Made my entire morning. That rich, rich color, the style of the settings, top drawer all the way
36.gif

Best Wishes to you and your fiance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2009 9:15:20 AM
Author: arjunajane

Enoki,

11.gif

didn''t ya read the lady''s post Chrono? Her fabbo man is already planning chrome tourmaline earrings! See, we do breed some ok men ''down under''
25.gif
2.gif
No kidding! Hold on tight to that man.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!! i love the rich color! yum.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 11:30:11 AM
Date: 10/28/2009 9:15:20 AM

Enoki,

11.gif

didn''t ya read the lady''s post Chrono? Her fabbo man is already planning chrome tourmaline earrings! See, we do breed some ok men ''down under''
25.gif
2.gif

No kidding! Hold on tight to that man.
9.gif

Exactly! He''s a keeper for sure
5.gif

Happy B''day Enoki and Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What lovely and substantial pieces!!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
Oh my...what an amazingly wonderfully beautiful suite
30.gif

enoki

Rough_Rock
Arjunajane - we were very happy with Phil. We actually were going to send all the stones to the US (another platinum jeweller) but then found Phil via PS forums. We wanted to stay classic but wanted something custom made and were very happy with the whole experience. He''s kept us posted regularly with updates. I''m very happy to have found a jeweller. I''ll have plenty more projects in the future I''m sure!!
3.gif

As for ct spects etc..here''s what Phil sent me

0.15ct, 0.10ct, 0.06ct & 0.03ct (each side and the same for the pendant) - That is 15 point etc. E/F & VVS. The wedding band’s diamond is 3 points
Weights (they are weighty)
E’ring 8.57 grams. Ladies wedding band 5.24 grams
Gents wedding band 12.34 grams 900 palladium (platinum 10% alloy) .....his one is HEAVY! but he''s got chunky boy fingers so they look good on him
9.gif

Pendant 7.31 grams

enoki

Rough_Rock
I sure am!!

I gave him a hug this morning and said 'This is what Pricescope told me to do!'
9.gif

Will keep you all posted once I get them (promise lots of hand and neck shots) and likewise once the earrings are done too.

ps. not that PS has created a gem addict or anything
25.gif
but I already know what my next project will be - an Asscher cut gem! Not sure what yet - any suggestions?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 12:12:27 AM
Arjunajane - we were very happy with Phil. We actually were going to send all the stones to the US (another platinum jeweller) but then found Phil via PS forums. We wanted to stay classic but wanted something custom made and were very happy with the whole experience. He''s kept us posted regularly with updates. I''m very happy to have found a jeweller. I''ll have plenty more projects in the future I''m sure!!
3.gif

As for ct spects etc..here''s what Phil sent me

0.15ct, 0.10ct, 0.06ct & 0.03ct (each side and the same for the pendant) - That is 15 point etc. E/F & VVS. The wedding band’s diamond is 3 points

Weights (they are weighty)

E’ring 8.57 grams. Ladies wedding band 5.24 grams

Gents wedding band 12.34 grams 900 palladium (platinum 10% alloy) .....his one is HEAVY! but he''s got chunky boy fingers so they look good on him
9.gif

Pendant 7.31 grams

Thankyou enoki for sharing this info!
I''m happy for you that you''ve found a local jeweller you are impressed with/gel with..they seem to be kinda few and far between where we are, lol..

I have read mixed reports about Phil on PS, but after your lovely pieces and glowing report, I will be keen to contact him for a quote next time.

As for your next gem - an asscher sounds fab... what kinda colour would you like, any ideas?!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
*drool* Such fantastic intense emerald greeniness.

Sorry if I missed this on the previous page -- are you planning on wearing the pendant everyday? Or is it going to be a special occasion piece?

enoki

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean about a local jeweller and I did come across a few unfavourable threads let''s just say but then again, he was actually suggested by a PS-er when I was asking for Aussie recs. And by then, we''d met with him and both liked and trusted him. Only thing is we''re not fr Melb but it gives us an excuse to visit it hehe.

Re the asscher - I don''t know yet but I was thinking of tanzanite (might''ve been swayed by the stunning
30.gif
one in another current thread) lol but am open to suggestions. I wasn''t a blue sapph fan but after seeing some real beauties (incl your own I might add!!) I''m falling in love. I''d love to have a JW beauty someday. Whaddya reckon?

Fiery - yes I''m a sucker for greens hehe. Re the pendant - I''ll be wearing it everyday actually. I work with my hands so my e-ring won''t be on me most days which is why we got me an ''engagement pendant''. I couldn''t turn that down now could I?
11.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:19:06 PM

Fiery - yes I''m a sucker for greens hehe. Re the pendant - I''ll be wearing it everyday actually. I work with my hands so my e-ring won''t be on me most days which is why we got me an ''engagement pendant''. I couldn''t turn that down now could I?
11.gif

Who could turn that down? Now I need to approach the hubs and tell him he was remiss in outfitting me with an engagement pendant, and it''s time to pony up. Mwahahaha!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about a local jeweller and I did come across a few unfavourable threads let''s just say but then again, he was actually suggested by a PS-er when I was asking for Aussie recs. And by then, we''d met with him and both liked and trusted him. Only thing is we''re not fr Melb but it gives us an excuse to visit it hehe.

Re the asscher - I don''t know yet but I was thinking of tanzanite (might''ve been swayed by the stunning
30.gif
one in another current thread) lol but am open to suggestions. I wasn''t a blue sapph fan but after seeing some real beauties (incl your own I might add!!) I''m falling in love. I''d love to have a JW beauty someday. Whaddya reckon?
11.gif

sweety, I reckon if you had a JW sapphire to follow these goodies - well, let''s just say you''d have one very impressive and envy-worthy start to a collection!
30.gif

I love tanzanite too - but am put off by it''s softness, as I''m really a ring person..

Well, if you''re open to suggestions than I would like to 110% suggest a JW blue asscher sapphire
11.gif
9.gif
17.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

30.gif
11.gif

Oooo, a JW asscher would be SWWWOOOON.
I recently bought the tanzanite in my avatar and the sparkle is just divine, and I love the pleochromism. So I''m a convert to the tanzanite camp, I''m setting it as a pendant due to durability issues though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set! I loooove green!

enoki

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 8:41:35 AM

sweety, I reckon if you had a JW sapphire to follow these goodies - well, let''s just say you''d have one very impressive and envy-worthy start to a collection!
30.gif

I love tanzanite too - but am put off by it''s softness, as I''m really a ring person..

Well, if you''re open to suggestions than I would like to 110% suggest a JW blue asscher sapphire
11.gif
9.gif
17.gif
I think my arm''s been twisted
9.gif
I think a JW asscher is the next baby to follow....I''ve just got to figure out whether I''ll go for a ring or pendant ie. sapphire or tanzanite. I
30.gif
your one which is just exquisite.

enoki

Rough_Rock
ME TOO!!! I know emeralds have their own beauty but it wasn''t quite what I was looking for and then seeing some tsavs on PS swayed me. They give me that glowy warm fuzzy feeling
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results