shape
carat
color
clarity

My Art Deco Delight...

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a really pretty and unusual ring....another pawn shop find. My new(est) favorite. Someone has told me that there may have been a seed pearl surround when the ring was first made but there are none there now and that's ok. I can see how those teeny tiny seed pearls may not have lasted. IMG_0127.jpg IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0166.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! @stracci2000 recently posted a pawn shop find, glad to see everyone getting back out there again!

What a fantastic blue and love love the filigree work. I agree about the seed pearls, it definitely had a frame of them but they are so delicate, it would definitely make this beauty more limited wear.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty! @stracci2000 recently posted a pawn shop find, glad to see everyone getting back out there again!

What a fantastic blue and love love the filigree work. I agree about the seed pearls, it definitely had a frame of them but they are so delicate, it would definitely make this beauty more limited wear.

I am so glad to be getting back out there again!!! I have another really pretty purchase I will post as soon as I get it back from being resized.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
This is a really pretty and unusual ring....another pawn shop find. My new(est) favorite. Someone has told me that there may have been a seed pearl surround when the ring was first made but there are none there now and that's ok. I can see how those teeny tiny seed pearls may not have lasted. IMG_0127.jpg IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0166.jpg

Beautiful! I have one like this, it was my grandmothers and yes it had seed pearls around it. I had the jeweler remove them as some were missing anyhow and I was certain I would lose the rest as well.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I have one like this, it was my grandmothers and yes it had seed pearls around it. I had the jeweler remove them as some were missing anyhow and I was certain I would lose the rest as well.

It would be pretty with seed pearls....but it would also be pretty with diamonds. I see a future project in the works!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just in case you don't already know this, it looks like the seed pearls were threaded on a string, and looped around/through the ring setting. I had a cameo pin/pendant like that once. I had the worn seed pearls and string replaced at a bead shop for just a few dollars. Here are a couple of quick examples of it that I found online, though they are both pendants:

seed pearls.jpg

seed pearls3.jpg

Last edited:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't know how they were secured until you posted and I appreciate it! I had no idea about these pieces. I can't imagine stringing those tiny pearls and then placing them in the ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just in case you don't already know this, it looks like the seed pearls were threaded on a string, and looped around/through the ring setting. I had a cameo pin/pendant like that once. I had the worn seed pearls and string replaced at a bead shop for just a few dollars. Here are a couple of quick examples of it that I found online, though they are both pendants:

seed pearls.jpg

seed pearls3.jpg

thank you for the info
it doesn't sound so scary now

@LorettaB i love your new ring !
and am also glad you are (carefully) out and about

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you for the info
it doesn't sound so scary now

@LorettaB i love your new ring !
and am also glad you are (carefully) out and about

Yes ma'am, I am careful and cautious. In and out of stores and don't get in crowds a whole lot. The highly contagious new variant is going around. Our middle son came back from another state from business last Thursday and tested positive Friday morning. Our daughter-in-law and grandson got it too after our son did. It seems to be like a rotten sinus infection. They're all feeling better, We need to face it, this is not going away. It's the new flu, but still, we need to watch ourselves.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A Facebook friend sent me photos of her ring. I am not unhappy about the missing seed pearls.

Attachments

• 388D1102-3E4E-42BF-8470-4A9760DCA1D4.jpeg
    388D1102-3E4E-42BF-8470-4A9760DCA1D4.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 50
  • CE8BCE60-5943-4516-85EF-4506A967004F.jpeg
    CE8BCE60-5943-4516-85EF-4506A967004F.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 2BA3086F-707D-4245-B3AE-2F1E859D6068.jpeg
    2BA3086F-707D-4245-B3AE-2F1E859D6068.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 49

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

now i want to see yours with pearls again
i bet you could play around with them yourself
@yssie thoughts ?

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
now i want to see yours with pearls again
i bet you could play around with them yourself
@yssie thoughts ?

I can't even THINK of how meticulous and painstaking the process is for working those pearls into that setting. That little place where the pearls go....it's eeny, teeny, tiny!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't even THINK of how meticulous and painstaking the process is for working those pearls into that setting. That little place where the pearls go....it's eeny, teeny, tiny!

well it was a good idea in theory :lol-2: :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don’t count that idea out just yet! I know it would be beautiful!!! The idea is growing on me!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

im going to buy some seed beads from Wen on etsy
her freight charges are very reasonable
it seems like her quality is a bit all over the place but i was advised to only buy her aaa grade
see i want to make a fine pearl chain for a pendent

im sure its the threading of the needle ill have trouble with but maybe wire will work out eaiser to work with in the case of your ring ?

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

im going to buy some seed beads from Wen on etsy
her freight charges are very reasonable
it seems like her quality is a bit all over the place but i was advised to only buy her aaa grade
see i want to make a fine pearl chain for a pendent

im sure its the threading of the needle ill have trouble with but maybe wire will work out eaiser to work with in the case of your ring ?

I think wire would be much better! My eyes are old! It's hard to thread a needle sometimes!!:shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results