shape
carat
color
clarity

My anniversary pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

For our tenth dating anniversary, DH gave me a pair of dangly diamond earrings with (treated) blue diamond accents. I wore them for our wedding as my something blue. When DH asked what I wanted for our first wedding anniversary, I said I wanted a pendant to match the earrings. I wanted to be able to wear the pendant with the earrings for specials occasions, and with simple diamond studs for work (the dangly earrings are too much for work).

I owe SanDiegoLady a special thank you for recommending Jeff Martin at John Franklin Jewelers. He was so nice to work with and the price was very fair. I am working with him on a second pendant now.

Here are the earrings that were the inspiration:

BDearring1.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a neck shot of my pendant:

BDpendant1.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Another neck shot:

BDpendant3.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
A close up of the pendant:

BDpendant4.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Last one -- a close up with flashes of white light. Thanks for looking.

BDpendant5.JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant looks beautiful, Kay! And it matches your earrings so well, it seems like they were made together!
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Your pendant is BEAUTIFUL and so are the earrings! I love the the milgrain detailing. Your jeweler did a great job! Is he located in the La Jolla area? I may have to take a trip to see all his pretty creations. : )

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely Kay! Congrats!

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
SO stunning!! COngratulations on your anniversary and on your lovely new pendant. Wear it well!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh what stunning pieces
30.gif
30.gif

The workmanship looks fantastic as well :) Love the uniquenesses of the pieces as well

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kay, your set is just devine, truly!! I love, love, love it! Did I mention I love it??!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE the earrings and the pendant and together they make a stunning set! Yummy!!!!! Congratulations on your anniversary.
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeeeettt!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! Congrats!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the kind comments. Jeff did such a great job of incorporating the details from the earrings into the pendant (better than my limited photography skills can capture). It''s hard to see in the photos, but in the bottom part of the earring the blue diamond is surrounded by 12 smaller white diamonds, which he copied on the pendant, and the middle part of the earring had 3 tiny bead set diamonds, so he accented the bail with 3 bead set diamonds, as well as the miligrain.

I don''t have occasion to wear the earrings very often, but I wear the pendant regularly and get so many compliments. My friends'' husbands are not so thrilled with my DH for setting the bar so high for a first anniversary.
2.gif

This was actually a gift for my anniversary in October 2006, so I have been very bad about posting in a timely fashion. When I started work on the new project, I remembered I still needed to post pictures of last year''s gift. This year, we decided to just have a nice dinner for our second aniversary, but I am working on a sapphire pendant for Christmas. I''ll post CADs for that project later in another post because I need advice choosing between designs.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! I love the earrings too!

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 2:48:10 AM
Author: bettymac
Your pendant is BEAUTIFUL and so are the earrings! I love the the milgrain detailing. Your jeweler did a great job! Is he located in the La Jolla area? I may have to take a trip to see all his pretty creations. : )
No, he''s not in La Jolla (thank goodness -- I don''t want to pay La Jolla prices). Jeff is located at 7710 Balboa Avenue. It looks like he made the 10News.com A-list: http://kgtv.cityvoter.com/Details.aspx?business=37331

You should go check the store out -- he has some rings and pendants in the display cases that I just love. I wish I had known about him before I picked out my e-ring setting.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 11:15:41 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
OH KAY!!! He did a BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! WOW!! I loooove them! We so totally need to get together with Betty again soon and I need to see your set! Its fantastic! WOW!!! Don''t you love that parisian chain? Its my favorite!

I saw him just yesterday, he polished and rhodiumed my ring for the holidays. :) Aw, I''m so glad you saw him. Was this the idea from the place in La Jolla? Its really stunning.
30.gif
Yes, we need to have another GTG soon! December is crazy for me, but I would be up for a GTG come January. I want to see the pendant Jeff did for you.

I do love the chain. I already had an 18" chain I planned to use, but I liked his better.

The pendant I loved in La Jolla was a platinum and pink gold setting for a white diamond solitaire with pink melee on the prongs and bail. It was so yummy, but I haven''t committed to a solitaire pendant yet -- there are too many setting styles to choose from, and it will be an expensive project.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looooooooooove the inspiration earrings and the pendant is FANTASTIC!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY pretty!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!

Happy anniversary.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay,

I love your pendant and earrings. I love the design of them too. They look so beautiful on you.

Linda

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your earrings and pendant are both gorgeous, congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! He did an outstanding job matching your earrings!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and I can''t believe they weren''t made together! The earrings are great, too!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Really lovely-that shade of blue is beautiful. Congratulations and wear them in good health!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks perfect!!!! He did a great job with the pendant! And your earrings are gorgeous!!! Great set
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results