shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
guhhhhhhh those facets just make me melt!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
::happy sigh::

This ring just continues to make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Both because it's in the appreciative hands of a person I quite like, and because it's like the fairy tale of a diamond addict - you, too, shall go to the ball, Cinderella! It gives me hope that someday I might happen across such a prize. :naughty:

FK, you're an inspiration to us all. To paraphrase an internet meme, post ALL the pictures, I say. :rodent:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how I missed this thread, but this stone is amazing, and it's insane that you had the ovaries to buy it off of Ebay. Congratulations!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pregcurious, Circe, Pandabee, Two little birds, Derbygal, and YT!!

I wear it every single day. Once I left for work in a rush and forgot it, and had to rush home to put it back on during lunch!! Awful scenarios kept going through my head until I couldn't take it anymore. :nono: I stopped going to the gym after work because I don't want to wear it while working out, and I don't want to take it off! (what's that? No, I did NOT just use my ring as an excuse. Psh!) :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, loved the new pics, fortekitty!!!! :love: :love: :love: Never get tired of seeing that one!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty, maybe I missed the post, but did you ever get Moonshine appraised? If so, what did her stats come back as?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS!! :wavey:

Two_little_birds- Appraisal came in as L VS2, and I have the sarin, too. I personally thought the appraiser was harsh on the clarity because there was only one very small and white inclusion off to the edge, under major magnification. I have GIA VS1 diamonds that have more visible inclusions under a loupe! When I eventually re-set her into a forever setting, I will send her to GIA for a proper grading. Don't want to be away from her right now!

According to the sarin:

Carat: 3.788
Measurements: (9.821-10.015) 9.918 x 6.295
Table size (%): 46
Crown Angle (Degree): 33.83
Pavillion Angle (Degree): 42.06
Star Length (%): 36.7
Lower Halves (%): 58.7
Girdle Thickness (%): 3.24
Girdle Minimum (%): 0.58
Girdle Maximum (%): 1.48
Culet Size (%): 5.10
Crown Height (%): 18.02
Pavillion Depth (%): 42
Total Depth (%): 63.45

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Your moonshine is so stunningly beautiful. I don't know how many times I have returned to this thread to admire the pics (but I don't think I ever commented here before). I understand you never wanna take you ring off.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Almondblossom!

So... I met up with a few girls last weekend and Miss Frekechild took this video for me. Hope it's okay to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFYY0z5PM0

There was originally some cursing in the background and frantic women squealing about various gems, so Freke covered it up with something less offensive. I think she chose a great song. :bigsmile:

Reactions: prs

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Day-yum!!

She so fine!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1361938398|3391485 said:

I wear it every single day. Once I left for work in a rush and forgot it, and had to rush home to put it back on during lunch!! Awful scenarios kept going through my head until I couldn't take it anymore. :nono: I stopped going to the gym after work because I don't want to wear it while working out, and I don't want to take it off! (what's that? No, I did NOT just use my ring as an excuse. Psh!) :bigsmile:

I am the same way with my ring! I have had to drive back a couple times when I forgot it. I'm not so worried about it getting lost or stolen being so much more modest than your honker 8) But I feel naked and little... off.. without my rings on!

Here is the solution for the gym: YOu need to start running so that you can just wear it when you do it :bigsmile:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1362036099|3392457 said:
ForteKitty|1361938398|3391485 said:

I am the same way with my ring! I have had to drive back a couple times when I forgot it. I'm not so worried about it getting lost or stolen being so much more modest than your honker 8) But I feel naked and little... off.. without my rings on!

Here is the solution for the gym: YOu need to start running so that you can just wear it when you do it :bigsmile:

I was just fitted for a pair of running shoes for this *exact* reason! I feel naked without my ring on! :wavey:

That video is amazing!!!!! :love: :appl: She faces up so white and ohhhhh so sparkly! :love: :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pictures do not do this diamond justice. And video only shows so much, but it's certainly better than just pictures!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
This diamond is incredibly sick =) ... In the most amazing way. It literally makes my heart smile! :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oy, I missed the last few posts! Thanks guys!!! :wavey: The music in the video totally cracks me up. :bigsmile:

globalmujer

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!! What a stone FK... It's amazing! :twirl:

Bella432

Rough_Rock
*THUD* This is my dream ring! I'm going to go all creepy-style and print out photos for my inspiration wall :tongue: Seriously, I bow down to your ebay skills, you deserve to enjoy the sparkle dance of this beauty every day all day! I keep coming back to this thread just to drool! I honestly love the simple solitaire style setting, and you inspired me to go out and find one of those gold twist rings, I fell for that one too. Would you mind sharing where you found that one, or is that another ebay find?

And you know... if you ever decide your big sparkly needs a new home, I'm willing to adopt ;))

kpcascio

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know what metal the pin it was originally set on was? I can't tell if it's yellow gold or something else. But I LOVE it :love:

inyminy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for this post. This is the most amazing stone I have ever seen in my life, but then you don't need me or anyone else to tell you that. It's inspiring really. Makes you feel everything a stone of that beauty should make you feel. Wear it in good health & happiness!

Since you pretty much already openly discussed the pertinent details including the cost, would you mind posting the expired eBay listing for your stone? I'm really intrigued by the story and would love to see what you saw in those terrible auction pics. Diamond in the rough you could say (except not really).

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Globalmujer, Dianabarbara, Bella432, Cpkascio!!

Inyminy, the ebay link's not active anymore. I bought it in early august last year! I didn't even save the picture. It wasn't terrible, but it just looked kinda dull. Several PSers saw it when it was still active.

Cpkascio, it was YG.

inyminy

Rough_Rock
No I realize that but you know how sometimes you can still link to expired listings, like the one you or someone else posted of that vintage Tiffany ring. Granted I don't know how far back that works for though. It might still be under your purchased history.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I didn't post the Tiffany ring.

And nope, I put in the item number and it says listing has been removed. Your purchase history only shows a few months, but you can normally look in archives for the item and search that way. But... good news! I did find the listing pictures saved in another folder.

hfg_original_picture_1.jpg

hfg_original_picture_2.jpg

hfg_original_picture_3.jpg

inyminy

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you so much! Now having seen the auction pics I can firmly say you have guts & vision because they are not very enticing.

inyminy

Rough_Rock
Having lived w/it for awhile now, how do you feel about the L? IRL do you notice warmth/yellow tint? I've never seen an L look that white even in photos.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I`m :mrgreen: , I`m :mrgreen: but so :love: :appl: :lickout: :loopy: for You and Your uberbeayty oec. Love.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
inyminy- It shows tint from the side, but not nearly as much as I would expect from an L. You can see in the ebay listing pics that it really doesn't have all that much tint from the side. I used to be a D-H color girl only, and I still own several in the colorless range, but I just don't care about the tint from the side in this diamond. Face up, it's WHITE. It faces up whiter than my GIA H 1.15ct oval. It appears a little warmer than my GIA G 0.76ct MRB face up, but not yellow... just warmer. Under work lighting and my brown work walls, it does appear more tinted than the pics, but my H oval appears much, much more tinted in that environment. I can't explain why it looks so white. When it's outside, it lights up!!

Thanks, Confection10!!! :wavey:

Jcm412

Rough_Rock
Can I ask what kind of thing you search for to find this kind of diamond on ebay?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results