shape
carat
color
clarity

My Afgan Tourmaline from Gemline *Picture Heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The specs

Origin: Afghanistan
Weight: 0.49 carats
Size: 5 mm
Clarity VVS Top eye clean gemstone!
Cut: Portuguese style round brilliant. Top quality precision cutting!
Color: Blue Green
Treatment: None, guaranteed natural color!
Note: Afghanistan produces some of the most beautiful Tourmaline colors in the world! This is a very bright and clean gem with beautiful blue greencolor!

Within an hour of getting it home, the poor thing ended up in the garbage disposal. My hubs thought it would be a really fun idea to tickle me while I was holding my gem. Mind you, I''m really ticklish. that thing went FLLLLYYYIIINNG through the air and right in the sink. I was NOT happy
29.gif
He now dosen''t mess with me when I''m handling stones. I''m thankful for the sparkle on this stone otherwise I wouldn''t have found it.

Vendor Pic

gemlinevendorpic1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outside on my hand. It tends to look blue in outside light and green in inside light.

-A

arcawqua1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very extreme macro so yeah my skin is looking rather thirsty
41.gif

arcawqua2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really hard to get that two tone color via camera though you can see it sometimes IRL.

arcawqua6.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real word perspective as to how tiny it is!

arcawqua4.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you can see a bit of the green in this stone. I''m still outside though and it won''t turn really green until I''m inside.

arcawqua9.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some inside shots! Hanging out with buddies. BTW these stones are all on the "petite" side. 4-5mm and much smaller than my nails! I didn't handle them much because of that fact.

arcmix1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inside with full sun but shaded with my hand.

arcawqua5.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the darkest area of the room with flash.

arcawqua7.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indirect light on the window sill, no flash

arcmix4.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible stone! love the color! what is that golden gem you got there? I''m really drawn to it. I''m glad it didn''t go down the drain
6.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and for those who haven''t seen it, my lava drop that will hopefully be set by Julia
36.gif

Indirect light, no flash but showing some fire!

-A

arclavadrop1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a citrine. The pinkish is the Rhodolite Garnet that I''ve threatened to set forever, the white is topaz, and the grayeish green one is a tourmaline with small but quite red inclusion. I''ll have to take pics of that again sometime.

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 12:54:02 PM
Author: Arcadian
and for those who haven''t seen it, my lava drop that will hopefully be set by Julia
36.gif

Indirect light, no flash but showing some fire!

-A
firey!
30.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
ah! its so gorgeous! I had to show this to my sister, its her favorite color, and she now has some serious gem envy
31.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kas tell her she needs to get her some!
I was so in love with the picture that when I go to finally see it, it was love at first sight! There was a bigger one on the site that had some of the same coloration that was larger, but I feel pretty hard for the little guy. I should now be able to set these as stackers which was the original intent of getting the other small stones. I thought of doing a multi color pendant as well but I''d always be in the mirror looking at it
19.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
I take it that it is eye clean in person? I see some dark line type inclusions in a few of your highly magified pictures. I''m relieved you found the stone. It''s bad enough to read someone dropping a stone when opening a box but tickling? A big no-no because it is totally avoidable. It''s quite pretty in certain lighting, and I especially like it when it is greenish blue best. Nothing holds a candle to your lava drop though. That one''s a beauty.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 2:06:16 PM
Author: Chrono
Arcadian,
I take it that it is eye clean in person? I see some dark line type inclusions in a few of your highly magified pictures. I''m relieved you found the stone. It''s bad enough to read someone dropping a stone when opening a box but tickling? A big no-no because it is totally avoidable. It''s quite pretty in certain lighting, and I especially like it when it is greenish blue best. Nothing holds a candle to your lava drop though. That one''s a beauty.

Its quite eye clean in person. My macro lense is pretty fantastic but it does pick up everything. While looking through the lense, the lines look to be not black but a dark blue which I find to be very interesting as you do not see them without being so magnified.

The color shifts in person are very fluid and water like, and it really dosen''t want to sit there and be one color which makes it very enjoyable to watch.

And I have to say that my fav is when its in indirect light when its inside and its greener (I love the color green)

The lava drop is in a category on its own *lol* Nothing at all average about her.

-A

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone. I love the color and it positively glows!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 12:48:23 PM
Author: D&T
Incredible stone! love the color! what is that golden gem you got there? I''m really drawn to it. I''m glad it didn''t go down the drain
6.gif

Ditto on the golden gem! Arcadian, your tourmaline is beautiful! I love the shot where its in the palm of your hand.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
The color is bright and stands out..very nice stone.."i was not happy"..thats a good way for hubby to be relegated to the couch for the next month..LOL..glad you got it out unharmed
21.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty. Love the color.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 10:46:09 PM
Author: amethystguy
The color is bright and stands out..very nice stone..''i was not happy''..thats a good way for hubby to be relegated to the couch for the next month..LOL..glad you got it out unharmed
21.gif

We''ve been together 9 years, you''d have thought he''d know how I get about my gems *LOL*

As for the stone, Its going to be apart of project 3 this year and then I''ll be done (I think?
28.gif
)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks marcy. I think gemline hit the jackpot with that particular rough because its some of the prettiest color I''ve seen. They had some larger stones probably out of the same stuff. I know it went pretty quick.

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty Arcadian!
36.gif
I''m so glad the stone wasn''t lost for good!
6.gif
Hubs would have been in a whole mess of trouble in my book...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Look at that color! It just screams for attention, doesn''t it? I think you need a bigger one too
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results