shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5 year anniversary upgrade:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone. Well, just a quick thank you to everyone here on pricescope for the wealth of information on diamonds. When my husband and I got engaged 6 years ago, neither one of us knew the first thing about diamonds. I went to a few places and tried on rings and decided I liked the princess cut so that is what my hubby got me. It was a .97 with a platinum baguette setting. I really did love it at first, but the more I learned about diamonds, the more the cut of the ring bothered me. It was sparkly in some light, while a little dead looking in others. It also looked more like a 3/4 carat because it was cut really deeply. I was also never really in love with the setting. Although I love the look of baguettes, I could never find a band that fit nicely with it, so I opted for a plain plat. band and even that left a gap so I ended up not wearing the band with it. So, for our 5th anniversary, I decided to get a new setting which was going to be a Ritani 3 stone princess. It was beautiful, and I thought that at least if I had a beautiful setting, I would love my diamond more....well, I placed the order way back in September so I could avoid the Christmas rush. It was supposed to be finished at the beginning of Nov. Well, I gave it a day or 2 after it was promised to me before I called my jeweler. Then he called me back and said that even though I had put in the order over 2 months before, Ritani said due to the Christmas rush, they couldn''t get the ring to me until right at Christmas and had not even started on the ring! Well, I was a little upset considering that I ordered it so long ago, so I said cancel the order and I will put the $ toward something else. So, when my hubby and I went in, I was originally looking for a new setting for my princess, but I asked them to just see what they would give me for my old stone and setting. Turns out, they gave me a great price that was only a few hundred off from what my hubby paid for my ring! So, I decided to look at round diamonds. When DH saw how sparkly and beautiful the stone I liked was, he was all for me trading in my original. I also got a half eternity pave wedding band to go with it. Even though I am pretty sentimental about things, I think I made a great decision and I can''t stop looking at my hand. Here are the pics and the stats:

1.1 carat round
ideal cut
G color
SI 2 (eye clean)
temp. white gold setting.

wedding band ~
.28 ctw. pave half eternity

newanniversaryring4.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
sorry, a little blurry

newanniversaryring7.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
the band by itself

newanniversaryring6.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
last one for now...

newanniversaryring10.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Truly beautiful, Steph!
30.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats--your rings are lovely!!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty upgrade!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Steph!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on 5 years!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
31.gif
36.gif

Isn''t it funny how when something lets you down the next choice can seem better than the first?

It is wonderful that you got a good price on your old stone and you found such a stunner. You gotta love an SI2! Well done, great choice.

I love it and love the band too.

I am sure it will go with all your christmas outfits. Sparkle sparkle sparkle!
36.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
very nice! congrats on 5 yrs and i agree that PS rocks :razz: - the cut makes such a difference and i would not have really know if not for all of the info on this board

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous Steph!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, wear them in good health!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words...I really love it
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
steph, they are beautiful!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and Happy Anniversary
emotion-19.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings!

Happy anniversary!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the happy anniversary wishes....time flies by quickly
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! Happy 5 years!

Carrie

Rough_Rock
Wow - very, very beautiful!!!!

Funny you mentioned your upgrade because I''m in the process of upgrading my setting. I''m having my plain plat e-ring and channel set wedding band converted into the micro-pave setting.
Cant'' wait!!! And - similar to you, this is also for my 5 year anniversary.

Congrats!!! Your e-ring and new wedding band look perfect.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the combo! And Happy anniversary!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! And it sounds like you got a great deal on your trade, too! Congratulations on 5 years and your beautiful new ring!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!! thats a very classic set that would last a life time! (even though i saw u said this was a temp setting, but its still very nice)...

I would love to see a picture of ur old ER though if u have one? would be interesting to see the 2 different styles..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congrats and happy 5th anniversary, Steph! Your rings are really beautiful, I can''t wait to see how you decide to set your new center stone!
36.gif
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys. Some were asking how I plan to reset this stone. I really love the look of the solitare, so I think I am going to stick with that, but this particular setting sits up waaayyy too high for me and I don''t want to bang it on things all the time. I also love the look of a three stone round ring, so I will probably look into that option as well. I am also going to go back to platinum like I had because of the upkeep issue since my jeweler is in my hometown in Atlanta and my family just moved to Florida. But I will probably wait until after Christmas to even think about it or look at settings.

MSB700...I am attaching a picture of my old ring for you to see....

myoldring.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty! i really like the combination of the pave band with the plain solitaire setting! i''m glad things worked out for you in the end..... now how about some more pictures?!?
31.gif
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings Steph and a very Happy Anniversary.

Linda

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!!! I love the combo.................SOOOO CLASSIC

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Steph it''s gorgeous!! Congrats on 5 years!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think you made a great choice! That set will never go out of style. I would suggest considering a Tiffany reproduction setting. There are several posted on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results