shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3rd and a 1/2 stone..ampa tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Just finished my 3rd and a half stone..the one I was working on when i went to transfer it to cut the crown I realized my transfer block was to small..had to order another one so that "oro verde" quartz is on hold...

Just finished this "ampa" chrome tourmaline from india 1.65ct. First pic is taken under flourescent light with the light behind the camera..white balance set to +1

tourm 1a go.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
same stone..same camera settings..+1 white balance..shot under a 4700k solux bulb..i think it''s the same bulb gary uses..he moight use the 4800K or the 5400K though

tourm 2 go.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
bottom of stone

backside tourmaline go.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love the fire in that stone! very nice1
29.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Amguy, very cool!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice
9.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A very interesting stone, and a great cut too. I love trillions used for yellow and orange stones - that way they really remind me of sunlight/sunset.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice. Love the first picture! Looks like its on fire campfire color... I love
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice fire in the first picture. The second shows some reddish tinge. I think you are cutting quite well.
36.gif

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bravo Amethystguy
36.gif

You have done a fine job; good brilliance, meets look nice, and your picture taking is also good. You are on a long journey; enjoy each facet you cut and polish; as you never know what pleasures will be had until you remove it from the dop.

I am being honest here; as you really never know exactly what the result will be until you remove it, wash it and get it under a decent light.
Quratz is by no means my favorite mineral to cut; but you have released a really fine orange red gem; what nature made you have captured its internal beauty...

I look forward to seeing many more of your fine cuts..

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty, pretty stone, amguy! You are on a roll. Thanks for sharing your cutting journey with us. Looking forward to your next cut.
36.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys..much appreciated..hey mastercut..that is a ampa chrome tourmaline from orissa, india..not a quartz..I couldn''t finish the "oro verde" quartz because my block is to small..it''s a real old block..hope to get it here next week so i can finish

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOL Amguy
19.gif

I thought the pavilion view was a little on the greenish-yellow side but with monitors and cameras??? In either case I think it is a lovely gem and you did a fine job...

I look forward to seeing the quartz...

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That first picture had me drooling! It''s like a glowing ember, so beautiful!
Well done!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results