shape
carat
color
clarity

my 25th anniv ring waiting to be photographed-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
I received my 25th anniversary ring on Christmas eve. ( a few weeks early) Yeah! My anniversary is Jan 8th. I am soo excited and want to post my ring along with the other ps''ers beauties.

I need help finding a camera to help take good close ups. I am leaning toward the Canons SD elph poweshots. Any Suggestions???

My daughter has the canon powershot SD600 elph. It seems to take good pics. I was able to use it for a few shots before the battery died.(battery charger was left at her house) Still learning to take good clear shots. Not very successful.
My hubby wants to buy us a new camera. My Olympus C4000 comedia died a few weeks back. I want something easy to use with sharp pics and can take good close ups as well.
I also have 40something eyes, so I need to be able to see the screen and settings easily. HEE hee.

Thanks for your help!
35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I want you to be able to post your pictures too!
I have a Canon Power Shot and I am very happy with it. I think that it takes good pictures, and the macro mode soes a pretty good job taking pictures of bling.

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 2:20:34 PM
Author:LSUfan
I received my 25th anniversary ring on Christmas eve. ( a few weeks early) Yeah! My anniversary is Jan 8th. I am soo excited and want to post my ring along with the other ps''ers beauties.

I need help finding a camera to help take good close ups. I am leaning toward the Canons SD elph poweshots. Any Suggestions???

My daughter has the canon powershot SD600 elph. It seems to take good pics. I was able to use it for a few shots before the battery died.(battery charger was left at her house) Still learning to take good clear shots. Not very successful.
My hubby wants to buy us a new camera. My Olympus C4000 comedia died a few weeks back. I want something easy to use with sharp pics and can take good close ups as well.
I also have 40something eyes, so I need to be able to see the screen and settings easily. HEE hee.

Thanks for your help!
35.gif
I have a Canon PowerShot A95 that''s a few years old now. It takes great pictures for most purposes, but I''ve found that taking pictures of diamonds is hard!
39.gif
I''m also now obsessed with taking pictures of my rings. What I do is take TONS of pictures, and end up deleting most of them. It''s the even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then theory...if I take enough pictures, some of them are bound to come out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have the Canon SD600 and love it! I''d just buy whatever model is current. Look at the Amazon.com digital camera sales rankings and you will see several Canons in the top 10.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I have a SD550 and I think it is awesome. I''d look at the current Canon models.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 2:20:34 PM
Author:LSUfan

Thanks for your help!
35.gif
you can check out: www.dpreview.com they have excellent reviews of many types of cameras. I just got my second fuji(total fuji girl!) it is a fuji s8000fd 8 million megapixels, 18 times optical zoom!! Plus, for my 38 year old eyes, it has quite a large screen!
36.gif
It is more of an SLR body style, rather than one that will fit in your pocket. I haven''t had a chance to play around with it too much yet, but I believe that it has super-macro mode for those super close up shots of my ER.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
super macro mode!

Supermacro mode.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
another.

macro mode, is the button that has what looks like a tulip on it. Make sure that is on, and try it out. It might take a few times to get the perfect shot. Can't wait to see your pics!

Super Macro Mode part deux.jpg

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Awesome ring and clear shots too! I hope I can get the hang of taking good shots.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone who posted. I knew I could count on you to help me find a camera.
36.gif

I bought the Canon Power shot sd850IS. I have alot of reading to do to help me use this camera.
As soon as I get some good shots, I will post them.

If anyone has this camera, please let me know if you have any tips and easy directions on how to use the macro mode.
From what I understand, all I do is put it on macro mode and start shooting. I will try different lighting too. Wish me luck!
41.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
LSU - that is the exact camera I was going to recommend!

Seriously - Kt and I went to the Boston Jeweler''s building about a month ago, and when the various shops saw the pictures I was getting, about SIX of them said they were going out that night to get the same camera! LOL

Just spin the dial to the Camera with the M next to it. Press the round "Func/Set" button in the middle of the wheel and you''ll see a bar across the bottom come up.......use the wheel to move from M (manual) to the flower with the D in it.....and then press the Func/set button again.

That''s IT - now you''re ready to go!

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU!
36.gif

I am rushing out the door with my daughter, but took a few shots with it on her 23 year old fingers.
3.gif
I will play more when I get back.
Trying to look at the pics using the usb cord(?) connected to the computer, but not able to access. Oh boy! wish I was more camera/computer smart.
33.gif

More later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results