shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.22 ct antique e-ring is missing

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the smaller 1.22 carat N colored OEC that is my actual e-ring/wedding ring (I wear it w/o a band). I wear it on my RH because it fits better there. Gah, I'm totally freaking out. I sooooo hope it's in the house. But I did go grocery shopping late late last night, and I can't remember the last time I saw it. Sometime yesterday I think but when I don't know. I thought it would be in the bed- and I didn't have time to fully search it- but DH turned it upside down he said and it wasn't there. I will have a chance to go look later today during my lunch break.

It was really loose yesterday, it was below freezing out, and when I left to go grocery shopping I was wearing a lighter coat and was pretty cold. Typically when I lose a ring it was because I pulled it off in my sleep, but with it being so loose yesterday I'm not sure that's what happened.

I am upset that I lost my actual e-ring :(( plus it's quite under-insured at the moment, since prices have gone up so much and it was oddly cheap at the time anyway, and the PT filigree setting I lucked into for a ridiculous deal so it wasn't covered at all. I'd say it is insured at about 1/3 to 1/2 of what it would cost to replace now.

Even better the husband and I had the worst fight that we've had in probably three-four years yesterday, and so I don't think he was particularly thrilled with me about losing it this AM- and I am even more wondering if I pulled it off in my sleep while pissy about the fight still. ;( Wish me luck, I hope it's under the couch or the cat filched it or something (Rat did actually steal a diamond chandelier earring while I was watching him once, so I know he's a wee furry magpie and it's not THAT far fetched really that he made off with it.)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I'm so sorry, LGK! Here's some ring finding ****Dust*****

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so sorry to hear that, here's a lot of *DUST* to you finding it soon!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hope it turns up, LGK. No fun at all. Somehow I manage to do something depressing like that after a big argument w/DH, too often, like a little black karma-cloud follows me around. Just when i want to stand up & be in the right. T'ain't fair! Finding dust for you & a pat on the back.

--- Laurie

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yikes! LGK, that sucks - I hate it when I misplace things. I am thinking that you would have *felt* it if it had come off while you were out and about ... but since you say you've pulled pieces off in your sleep before, I bet that's what happened.

I have a klepto kitty, too, so I bet that when you get home, you'll check under the sofa and behind the dresser, and probably find it, like, batted under the fridge. I am tremendously sympathetic to what you're feeling right now, and hope you find it soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh.

Sending you finder's dust LGK! What miserable timing :sick:

You might check the litterbox if all else fails - if your Rattie is like our Garet - he's been known to bury his treasures.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST to finding your ring ASAP!!!!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no...I'm really sorry LGK, I feel terrible for you and I hope it turns up. Big hugs to you (you sound like you could use one or two!) and please keep us posted. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

My only advice is to look in every nook and cranny...lost things can show up in the strangest places. Check under all the furniture...my wedding band ended up underneath a dresser once, and I didn't discover it until we were moving out.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That's terrible. All the times I've lost jewelry I've found it in laundry: the washer, the clean laundry, or the cuffs of the pants I was wearing. Re-make the bed and shake out all the linens. I hope you find it soon. I really don't think it would slip off you while you were just out and about, it must be in the house.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no I hope you find it. Look in all pockets, slippers, boots... Use a flashlight and look under the bed... Bedside table , etc... Look in your car too... Where did you put the groceries?? Check the trunk too...

Sending dust your way that you find it!!!!! :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh LGK, I've been there (both losing a cherished ering to having a doozy of a fight with DH). I am so sorry and hope that the ring turns up asap and that you and hubby make up soon. I'd be checking that litter box VERY carefully for the next week or so...I hope that it turns up. As much as I love my new ring, I still miss the original that DH proposed with.... :((

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double crossed fingers for finding your ring tonight!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, that's awful and such bad timing. Sending dust your way. I hope you've already patched things up with DH and find your ring soon.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust your way, LGK.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all. You collectively managed to put a smile on my face and that was no easy task today.

Also, the PS dust worked :naughty: I found it! It wasn't in bed like I thought.

I came home at lunch and DH had literally turned the bed upside-down; taken the mattress off, removed every bit of linen, pulled the frame apart, and then moved all the furniture in the room. No luck.

Then he'd checked all the furniture in the livingroom... the couch, the throws, the weirdly deep pockets that go down the sides on my pet chair. The kitchen, since I did the dishes last night. The many bags of mineral makeup I was making samples from. NOTHING. It was totally sweet of him to check everywhere like that, I think he was feeling a bit bad, haha.

And of course by the end of the day I was wound up and trying super hard not to cry since it had to be in the house, just had to be.

Guess where it was? Hiding in my makeup bag. Must have slipped off this AM while I was rummaging in there. And I was clearly too out of it to notice, pre-coffee and after a long night of not much sleeping.

Anyway, I'm totally incredibly relieved and now I'm going to have a glass of wine, and go sit in my nice hot bubbly jacuzzi tub and try to relax (finally!) and read my Kindle for awhile.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woohoo! LGK, that's wonderful news. :mrgreen:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
That is great news! Do you have a wedding band that is 1/2 a size smaller, possibly? When my ring gets too loose, I reverse the order of the rings so that the engagement ring can't fall off since another ring is in front of it

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Always love happy endings, so glad you found it. Phew.... :appl:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness you found it! Are you planning on resizing it (not sure if it is too big) and having it re-appraised?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear there was a happy ending to your story!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found your ring. What a relief!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
WOOHOO! So relieved to hear that it is found... my heart sank when I read your original post!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whew! So glad you found it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so happy you found it LGK! :appl:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Hurrah! What an odd place to finally find it. Of course it is always literally in the last place you look.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Hurrah! What an odd place to finally find it. Of course it is always literally in the last place you look.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yay!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So glad you found it!! Now go get that sucker reappraised and insured for the proper amount! (I need to do the same for my ring, I think that the replacement cost has increased since DH bought it).

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Very happy for you, LGK! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results