shape
carat
color
clarity

must have''s for spring and summer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
spring fever is upon me...i am working out more, eating better (aka more fruit) and thinking about getting new clothes...something other than my typical winter black funeral outfits.

we just got a loehmanns up here and i go nuts when i am in that store! coach bags, coach shoes, kenneth cole bags, juicy outfits, bcbg items, versace, dkny...i''m hyperventilating!

so what are your must have''s for spring and summer this year?

my biggest must have this year was a carryover from last year...Charlotte pants from www.shopbop.com. They got them in last year as a new hot item and i just loved the idea of a flowing linen pant for Hawaii and Tahiti. they sold out almost right away and i was panicking waiting for them to go back into stock before we left for the wedding! must not be married without Charlotte linen pants!! they finally came back into stock, i ordered two pairs (light blue and a bright coral) and wore them all summer and fall long until finally it rained and i figured it was time to put them away. fast forward to spring of this year, i love my Charlotte pants but the seams are kind of worn and they have shrunk more than a bit from the repeated washings over and over and over all season. i figured i was screwed in that what were the chances they would be back this year (i had been looking for them at shopbop all winter and even as recently as a few weeks ago)...when lo and behold i see them on shopbop in all new colors and sizes and STOCKED! snapped up two pairs (pale grey and black) and am considering the long flowing white prairie skirt except i dont want it to be see through.
9.gif
if i could wear these pants all year long every day of the year..i''d be in heaven. they are versatile and can work for daytime and evening with a pair of heeled sandals and a dressy top as well.

next on the list is C&C california tops. not a big fan of the long sleeved version but their tanks are my idea of summer heaven. i layer them and so i have more than a few in various colors...they have new colors and styles out this year but i love the spaghetti strap staple and the wide ribbed one as well. mmmmm. this season i bought them in ''shark'' and ''white''...but i have my eye on more on eBay.
9.gif

third on the list for me...as it has been on the list for the last 2-3 years is Juicy!! mostly the hoodie and pants, in velour for winter and terry for summer. last year i had two of the terry miniskirts that i wore until they literally got holes in them! this year not loving the skirts as much..so at loehmanns i SCORED big and found a pair of their straight casual linen drawstring pants in black (!) and a white motorcycle terry jacket with a terry tie at the bottom, SO CUTE. oh and last but not least...i found this bell sleeve tie hoodie that i had seen on shopbop and thought was adorable but did not want to pay $85 for. i love when i find juicy on eBay or in a discount store and don''t have to pay full price!! it''s so much easier to justify.
9.gif

fourth is of course my havaianas....mentioned previously in the sandal thread..LOVE THEM. all 4 of my pairs have arrived and i am in flip flop heaven. think i''m all stocked up on flip flops for 2005. maybe.

fifth is the jean jacket! i love these for summer, paired with the linen pants, juicy pants, capris, you name it..it works with everything but other jeans...i have two that i love but they have been with me for 3 years now and are kind of shrunken beyond all hope. so i need to find a NEW jean jacket. i haven''t even started to look, who knows what i will find!

other than those 5 staples of my spring and summer existence are the typical necessary workday wardrobe items, but i really live for the WEEKENDS when i can throw on my Charlotte pants or a Juicy outfit with my comfy flip flops. YUM! though i do wear that stuff to work sometimes when i don''t have client meetings. aka weekend during the week. wishful thinking!

i''m also on the hunt for a new pair of flattering black capris (aka NOT banana!!) and a black dressy tube or halter for pairing with black sandals for hot evenings out!

so anyone else spring dreaming of new clothes, new shoes, new handbags? what is on your list and what are the big must haves? i need MORE IDEAS here!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my beloved charlotte pants... !! i plan to buy a few more pairs before summers end JUST IN CASE they do not come out again next year! they are actually very flattering on the body...you don't have to be a twig to wear them which is nice. they run a bit small so if you don't want them super tight on the butt, get the next size up! LOVE the straight leg.

charlotte pants 2.JPG

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--those Charlotte pants look super comfortable. Is the cotton fabric thick enough that you don''t have show-through issues? I''m considering white. Also, I normally wear a 10 in pants...what size do you think would be best in the Charlottes?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nice pants! They actually look like pjs. Very comfie! I have no new clothes on the horizon e/t I should...I need to start taking better care of myself...spring for me means new drapes and rugs I guess..all the while I look like a big fat bag lady LOL ... oh yeah, going to a funeral in all black! I assume it makes me invisible!

I actually need to cut back on the fruit...too much sugar and we now have outbreaks of diabetes in the family ! (aren't I such a happy spring camper!)... mmmmm, I would love a nice big strawberry right now!

Oh, but I figured out what my spring must have is- a pedicure...these puppies are looking a little funky
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pants run a little small which I see ShopBop just added a notation to their product pages...last spring when I was working out like a fiend for the wedding, I bought a L and they fit perfectly even though I was more like a M in other clothes...this year I bought an XL knowing how the L fit, and to be honest they don't fit much larger than the L! I have put on about 5-10 lbs over winter (which is all coming off NOW!), but it seems as though the diff between L and XL is not that much (since I can also still wear my old L ones, they are just tighter on the butt which I dislike). I would get an XL at size 10, they are cotton as well so be careful with washing if they don't want them to shrink.

They are SUPER comfy and stretch out after you have had them on for a bit...I loved them so much I hardly wore jeans last summer since they felt so constricting...I love them in the bright colors and also the black and choco brown seem perfect for slightly dressy casual summer evenings.

Oh and regarding the white, I have never bought white...I actually would love a pair of the white or the white linen skirt they have, but just like you I am afraid of see through issues. The pale pale blue ones I bought last year were thick and not see-through, I could even wear darker underwear, ehhe. The pants seem thicker than the skirts if you read the desc, hence why I am not sure about the white skirt.

mmm, i LOVE pedicures in the spring and summer...i get one a month, it's like my personal hygiene splurge...hehee. Greg: 'can't you do that at home'? this is the man who also suggested i wax my eyebrows at home. ummmm...not unless you want me to have none!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
those Charlotte pants look incredible, hmm, vacation coming up in a few weeks...i think they are a must. my spring and summer "must have" is gap tee-shirts. I just ordered 5 new ones today. I live in jeans/capris and tee-shirts and just love all the new colors along with my stadard white and black
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

And white blouses--in all styles and most fabrics: I cannot have too many!

cheers--Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It's a disease-- i have already bought 9 pairs of shoes for the summer:

Black leather wedge sandals
Black kitten heel mules with flowers across the band
Taupe kidskin mules with pointy toe
Black kidskin mules with pointy toe (same as above, different color)
Hot pink patent leather open toe sling-back pumps with black patent trim
Taupe nubuck ankle-strap wedge sandals
Lime green canvas espadrilles with ankle strap
Pale pink leather ankle strap pumps with pale pink suede flowers and thin ankle strap, pointy toe
Brown leather kitten mules, open toe

9.gif

I've also picked up a lot of linen capris in lovely colors like aqua, chocolate, white, peach, blue & white -- I'll pair these with a crisp white shirt and linen blazer for work... a nice pin striped Jones summer suit in navy & white, a Kasper black linen suit, some great linen "jeans" with funky zipper pockets, a bunch of great twin sets & summer sweaters in lime, pink, aqua, tangerine.

My guilty cheapie pleasure is Citiknits from QVC... I gets TONS of compliments when I wear them and the key is accessorizing and wearing good shoes. On that note, I found a new local boutique that sells the most wonderful bejeweled pins--I've gotten a flower & a butterfly, a rose and a martini!

1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh snap, you're one put together brawwwwwd! :)

I seriously buy one pair of new black sandals each year. They are almost always identical. They are a slight platform with a single band across the toes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And my husband complains I spend too much $$$????????????????

What is wrong with me?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2005 10:52
6.gif
4 PM
Author: moremoremore
Oh snap, you''re one put together broad! :)

I seriously buy one pair of new black sandals each year. They are almost always identical. They are a slight platform with a single band across the toes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And my husband complains I spend too much $$$????????????????

What is wrong with me?
lol I have the SAME pair, without a doubt - plain black slides w/platform and band! I''m just now noticing that mine from last year are kind of thrashed, so I''m looking into another pair. I found a pair of Munroes that are SOOOO comfy (better than my New balance tennies that I just picked up) so these will be ONE of the replacement models. The other ones are going to be the slight platform ones from some other designer . . .still looking. For some reason I need two pairs of the exact same shoe before I''m satisfied.

Regarding picks of the year. Thus far, all I''ve purchased are shoes and sandles and like mrssalvo, gone crazy with Gap T-shirts (easy, affordable and comfy for a mom of two boys). I found a super cute pair of pink sandles at Nordstrom that are bound to kill my feet, but I couldn''t resist because they look perfect w/my slightly shorter jeans. . .

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2834566&boutique=linea_paolo&category=2376778~2372811~2381504~2384374~2384375&NextStyleID=none&PrevStyleID=2850837

Hopefully, I can come up with more picks or I''m going to look a bit run down as all my last year clothing looks limp and lacking that fresh look. Another item I''m planning to get are some fitted polo shirts because these are cute and perfect for daily errands and also just so me
9.gif
I''m looking at the juicy ones and they look fitted so I may order a few from nordstrom.com. . .If they''re loose fitting, I''ll have to send back because I cannot stand loose t-shirts
7.gif

Oh, another big must have for me are all the peptide cream variations. I''ve gone crazy buying ever brand imaginable. Even if my wardrobe is lacking, my wrinkles will be diminished by 50% with the help of E. Lauder
9.gif

Hope I don''t sound too out of it. . .I''ve had a bit of wine. lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh michelle I LOVE those cutie shoes...I may have to get them in pink!

Jen, all of your shoes sound fabulous, any pix?
31.gif

the funny thing is i ADORE shoes but i don't buy them that often, they are so the last on my list all the time for whatever reason without me even meaning to overlook them! it's very odd. i will have to try to remedy that in the future!

speaking on tees and Gap shirts and fitted tees...through my job we can get apparel items wholesale...there are these new tees from some trendyish up and coming CA manufacturers that are sooooo comfortable. i personally don't like Gap tees as they aren't fitted or thin enough for me, i don't like thick tees..and these new ones have the softest baby feel on the tee...it's just divine!! their slogan is 'cop a feel'...hehee. so i am loading up on those tees through work, they also do tanks and other items so i will try a few of those as well.

for work i am doing some button down poplin stretch shirts and am on the hunt for flattering capris in black and white and possibly a pink or tan for a crisp summer look...somewhat like what jen was mentioning!

OH and I just got a cute spring haircut! i took 3 inches off today and got lighter highlights, the result is a fresh looking flippy shoulder legth layered look that i really love. my hair was getting too long and unprofessional looking for me...i was also tired of having to tie it back in creative ponytails or buns...now i can just let it flip out!
2.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, may I just say that you are SUCH a bad influence!!! I bought a pair of the Charlotte pants (in sand) today!! Oh I am so excited! But wait, I thought of something after I bought them - you are 5''5" or 5"6", right? I am 5"2", will they be too long on me?? I am normally a medium, and I saw that they run small, so I ordered a large. EVERYTHING is too long on me usually. you would not believe the hard time I have finding pants that fit me right lengthwise.
I''ll let you know how they go. But they look like they will be perfect for the spring/summer! And only $66 !!!!! I think I may get one of the skirts, too!!!

I have spring fever baby!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 2:32:49 AM
Author: Mara

Jen, all of your shoes sound fabulous, any pix?
31.gif
Mara, it''s going to rain all weekend here in NY so photographing my new shoes sounds like a great rainy-day activity!
2.gif
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2005 10:12:29 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

And white blouses--in all styles and most fabrics: I cannot have too many!

cheers--Sharon
Heehee. My friends laugh at me because white shirts are my *uniform*. I''m a busy mom of two, and I wear white shirts with everything -- White T-shirts, tank tops, camis, button-downs, short sleeve, long sleeve, three-quarter sleeve. I admit it''s the strangest thing.

I just ordered a new pink handbag for summer. I''m a huge fan of Brahmin handbags. It''s from their new Tricolor Collection, the Rosalie in Tulip which is 3 shades of pink in horback crocco, flat crocco, and lizard. The Tulip (pink) is sold out everywhere, but I got lucky. I''ll see if I can find a picture since they don''t show the pink on their website (it looks cute in the teal and shell too though). Now I need some cute crock or lizard sandals or driving mocs to match!
2.gif

DiamondLil

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Brahmin bag. Not a great picture, but it''s beautiful in person. Now to find those cute sandals!!!!

DiamondLil

brahminrosalietulip.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhh Spring has finally sprung here in Atlanta
emrose.gif

My one thing for spring/summer is MYSTIC TAN!!! I discoverd this last year and just love it! I had started limiting my time in the sun a few years back and was really missing that golden glow. I could never master the art of self tanning, was always a streaky mess. Then I decided to give Mystic Tan a go, and it''s a perfect solution for me.

Jennifer, I''m also a big shoe freak!! I run the gamut from high-end to Payless shoes. I ordered 7 pairs from Payless last month. I''ve found that the selection on the website is much greater than my local stores. I got a to die for pair of Pucci look alikes for $14.99. I''ll see if I can find some pics or just take a couple for posting. My only splurge was a pair of Coach sandals
11.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering about the Mystic Tan. I stopped sunning myself years ago -- too much damage in my silly teenage years. I usually use sunless tanning lotion on my legs, but that''s about it. I get a little tan on my arms, face, etc., from just being in the yard and such. I was thinking about the Mystic Tan, but how long will it last? Does it stain your suit (assuming you wear one in the booth
31.gif
)? What about it getting on your hair? I''ve never done the tanning bed thing either.

DiamondLil

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 8:32:27 AM
Author: diamondlil
I''ve been wondering about the Mystic Tan. I stopped sunning myself years ago -- too much damage in my silly teenage years. I usually use sunless tanning lotion on my legs, but that''s about it. I get a little tan on my arms, face, etc., from just being in the yard and such. I was thinking about the Mystic Tan, but how long will it last? Does it stain your suit (assuming you wear one in the booth
31.gif
)? What about it getting on your hair? I''ve never done the tanning bed thing either.

DiamondLil
First, I love your new purse
30.gif

Mystic can be pricey
39.gif
My tan lasts 4-6 days depending on how good I am about moisturizing after and exfoliating before the tanning session. I use their products for exfoliating and a special lotion before tanning to ensure an even application. You have a surgical type cap to cover your hair and there is a blocking lotion that you spread liberally all over your hands and feet so you don''t have the uneven tan in those areas. The mist has a bronzer in it so you are tan immediatly while the self tanner develops. You don''t want to shower until the next day to allow for the best developing time. I have an old bathing suit that I wear and use for nothing but Mystic, as it will stain any clothing you wear during the application. After you step out of the booth you LIGHTLY towel off any excess, wait a couple of minutes until your dry and get dressed. I have never stained any of my clothing that I wear to and from the session.

I was a former tanning bed user and sun bather. I believe much of my sun damage is from my time in the beds, as it was just such an intense exposure. Others may disagree with me, but that''s what happened to my skin. Mystic has been a great option to have. After a session, I feel like I just came back from a week at the beach
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 8:32:27 AM
Author: diamondlil
31.gif

DiamondLil
HI:

Great bag! I''ve seen several pairs of shoes that would match......

I think we all regret these actions of our youth--my Mom always told me to cover up--but what did she know???? Speaking of the self tanning products, I was very tempted to buy the new Micheal Kors scented one--I love his signature fragrance and I was thinking maybe this would be added value? But with all my white blouses........then again striped patterns are in, but not necessarily the "brown" tones......

I have put my foot down and said to self, "limit shoes this spring" (lame pun). I am quite proud of myself, since I have only bought one very cute pair with kitten heels--beaded round front Keneth Cole--so far...but the season is young and I have been known to change my mind.......

Do many gals here wear dresses? I bought a few last year--plain and printed--varying styles, and they always make me feel so feminine. N. Lapore has some of the cutest styles I''ve seen--flirty prints...I am so tempted to "spring" for some (lame pun #2), but then I would need more shoes..Ok all bets are off...

cheers--Sharon

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hah! ..bought another jean jacket at Costco - cute w/ a bit o stretch. Except - I wear all of mine with jeans.

I read this and have to say - surprisingly, I''m not in the market for anything. But, a trip to loehmann''s is in order!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m now 40, and back when I was a teen, no one ever spoke of skin cancer. My girlfriends and I would go to the beach, lemon juice our hair, baby oil our bodies, and fry all day. Silly, silly girls.
20.gif
I''m trying to teach my daughter to treat her skin better.

Canuk-gal, I love dresses and skirts in the summer. I find them more comfortable in the hotter months than shorts. A cute summer skirt with a white T-shirt, tank, or cami and a great pair of sandles (and matching handbag of course) -- that''s me!
9.gif

DiamondLil

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
the funny thing is i ADORE shoes but i don''t buy them that often, they are so the last on my list all the time for whatever reason without me even meaning to overlook them! it''s very odd. i will have to try to remedy that in the future!
Shoes are always last on my list, as well. The major issue is that my kids are so active, that a good majority of shoe styles will not work right now. I cannot run after a two-year-old in stilleto heels, so I''m trying to be conservative with my choices so I don''t end up breaking an ankle.
3.gif

Hope you enjoy your new hair cut. Amidst all my hair dying/cutting frenzy, I''ve discovered how liberating it is to cut off just a few inches. This has made drying time a breeze!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh Irish you will love the pants! They may be a tiny bit long on you (I am 5''8" and they fit me perfectly) but you can have them hemmed! It''s a straight leg so it should be fairly simple and not mess with the look at all!

diamondlil, that purse looks VERY CUTE!! i love it.

jen..pictures are mandatory..your deadline is sunday at midnight!
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the Charlotte pants from shopbop yesterday and they are already here. I''m shocked. My fiance said they were waiting by my side door from UPS. I can''t wait to try them on. I wonder where they are based...I live in Indiana.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that is insane!!

i had to wait about 5 days to get mine and i think they are based in S.CA!

surfermegz

Rough_Rock
I''m in love with those Charlotte pants!!!! So tell me, they can be dressed up easily? I can''t tell from the picture if they are totally casual or could go either way. Also... what about a summer handbag?? A girl must have a good summer handbag!!
30.gif

surfermegz

Rough_Rock
Question... I''m 5''11. Will the Charlotte pants be long enough and also does the top fit tight at all?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen where are those shoe pictures?!?!

To start it off, I will post my new Coach sandals, they are so cute in person and were such a steal, $60 at Loehmanns with a $160 retail price! I wore them last nite to a studio party in SF and they ere a big hit!

amara sandals.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and Megs...I don't know about the pants at 5'11...I am 5'8" and can wear them with 2" heels and have the front of the shoes show slightly...so 3" more may be pushing it..though if you are a thinner type gal with not alot of bootie..then you would have extra inches that I don't have being that my big ole butt fills out the entire pant and probably takes up a few inches that otherwise would fall down the hem.
9.gif
in terms of the tight top, it's an elastic band (and when you open the package, the top of the pants looks like it fits a 2 year old but they TOTALLY STRETCH. i love them particularly because i dislike tight things around my waist and hip area and these are so comfortable, and i definitely have womanly hips and a waist, and i love them.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, those sandles are very cute, Mara. Coach makes nice quality shoes (I have 2 pair). Are the sandlals comfortable?

Now that I''m getting into pink for spring, I thought these were cute. I like shoes I can slip into and kick off quickly (I''m a mom with 2 kids and always running out the door somewhere). Now if I could find a cute sandal in light pink croc, I''d really like that to coordinate with my new pink handbag.
1.gif

DiamondLil

geoxeuromulepinkcroc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results