shape
carat
color
clarity

Multiple Vendors with Same Stones. How to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Defender

Shiny_Rock
I am a newbie, but thanks to this site, I am learning fast. I find this site to be incredibly informative. I also think that the Pricescope is a wonderful tool. It makes diamond education a very interesting experience.

My only concern is that we all can see that many the same stones are carried in the inventory (or availability) of so many different vendors. How many vendors actually have enough first hand visual experience to offer an opinion about a stone''s appearance, beyond relying upon the data and numbers?

I have emailed a couple of questions about stones to online vendors, and have gotten back advice or comparisons about the selections---However, I am guessing that most of the vendors do not have these stones, or possess much more than the actual data and certificate info, so I wonder how they can offer suggestions or opinions about which might be more brilliant, or have more fire or look whiter, etc.. ??? This just seems a little misleading, unless they have really seen the stones that they are comparing.

Furthermore, since many of the vendors will price match, it seems like you could buy the same stone for the same price from several different vendors.... This is a somewhat strange phenomenon brought about by the Internet. The winner is the consumer, but it can be a bit confusing.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Certain vendors like Whiteflash can bring the diamond in for you, take pics, get IS images, get Sarin info, etc. Some companies will not go this far and will just allow you to return it if you don''t like the diamond. I would choose a vendor that can bring the diamond in and discuss it with you over the phone and provide the addtional info that you want. Also, some vendors will send the diamond to an independent appraiser in your area so you can see it for yourself before deciding if you want to buy it. I would definatley want to go this route especially with an EC, which is what you are buying, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results