shape
carat
color
clarity

multi-stone sapphire ring advice

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone seen rings with 3 or 5 same size round pastel blue sapphires? I am considering to get either a 3-stone (7.0mm each) sapphire ring or a 5-stone (5.0mm each) sapphire ring, but not quite so sure about how they will look in person. Do you think they will look too busy and have too much blue? Which one might look better on a chunky finger with ring size 7.5? Any input and/or thoughts will be very helpful!

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to imagine having too much blue :love:

Though it does seem like having 3 7mm stones might be a pretty substantial ring. The pros on here can confirm, but I think you'd be limited to heated stones since getting 3 (or 5) color matched stones of that size would be really difficult.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 5 stone sounds prettier to me but that is just my personal preference. Have you tried on 3 stone and 5 stone bands to see what size you like on your finger?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I don't mind heat-treated or lab-grown sapphires, as long as they didn't undergo the flame fusion process.

The three 7mm sapphire ring does sound like a substantial one.. maybe I should consider three 6.5mm instead? :confused:

I haven't got a chance to try any yet. The 5-stone or 3-stone rings I saw in the local jewelry stores have either diamonds only or alternating diamonds and colored gemstones.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My finger, at a size 6.5 was 18mm across. 3 7mm stones is 21mm...if there isn't any space between. That's A LOT. Even 6mm is going to be pretty big. I don't know what kind of look you're going for, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it--having said that, I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to jewelry...kinda. My ering is 6.5mm though, and I can't imagine having three of that size stone as one ring. But I can't handle overhang. So, take that for what it's worth!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I've reached out to a few vendors regarding a 5-stone pink sapphire ring. I thought having them cut from the same rough would be my best bet on getting good matches. One of the vendors gave me a great, lengthy response explaining that even cut from the same rough, two stones can look very different. She suggested that it's easier to find color matching stones at one of the big gems shows (like Tuscon) and then do any recutting/polishing later to ensure cut also matched.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update -- I ordered a few silver CZ rings online to try them on. I hope this way I could find out which one suits me better.
The rings I ordered are:
1) 3-stone with 8mm center and 6mm each side (I cannot find three 6.5mm or 7mm)
2) 5-stone with 4mm each
3) 5-stone with 4.5mm each
4) 7-stone with 3mm each

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results