shape
carat
color
clarity

Mugged in Central Park

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone considering proposing in Central Park might wanna check out this article in today''s NYC paper.

8:45 pm, Sunday night ... 30 year old guy proposed to his 24 year old artist girlfriend and was immediately mugged for their jewelry & money. Somehow he managed to "save" the ring by slipping it off her finger & hiding it ... but let''s just say -- it was not the proposal evening of their dreams!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I would say that the proposal will be unforgettable...
12.gif

Seriously though that is really sad
38.gif
I would hate to have to remember my proposal that way.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno...when someone has a gun pointed over you, you should hand it over!

(That''s EXACTLY what insurance is for!)

The ring looked kind of strange for an e-ring though...looked like it was just a very thick silver band.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a shame, shame, shame
38.gif
Hopefully someday, they can look back on the incident and laugh. At least it was UNIQUE!

Date: 9/24/2007 3:41:44 PM
Author: rockzilla

The ring looked kind of strange for an e-ring though...looked like it was just a very thick silver band.
It looked maybe like mokume gane? Very non-traditional, but the girlfriend/fiance is an artist, after all!
10.gif

rmkwebdesign

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 3:41:44 PM
Author: rockzilla
I dunno...when someone has a gun pointed over you, you should hand it over!

(That''s EXACTLY what insurance is for!)
Actually, in states of this nation that supports one''s right to defend one''s life and property, that is what a concealed handgun is for. To say, "No, you may not have my jewelry, and no, you may not hurt me, either."

Thank GOD I live in Texas where muggers do not rule the land.

lauraannc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tip. My BF and I are headed out to NY in 9 days. If he starts to bend down on one knee I will make sure to scope my surroundings. Either that or I''ll start yelling and screaming like a mad women because he''s bending down on one knee... finally!!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results