shape
carat
color
clarity

MR. CLEAN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Just a question. The jeweller that is making my ring suggested using Mr. Clean diluted in water to clean diamonds. Does that sound okay? He seems to have a great reputation and all (seeing as he made Wayne Gretzky''s engagement ring and several other high profile rings). I have heard otherwise from here. What''s the scoop?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to run a fairly large repair shop and we used Mr. Clean and water with a little squirt of Dawn detergent in the ultrasonic cleaner. It works pretty well. It's worth nothing that it's poisonous and should be used with some care.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Everyone keeps talking about this ultrasonic cleaner that I can buy for home use. I wonder if it is worth it? Also...I noticed that behind my band (where my bead set diamonds are) there are little holes visible from the other side. Is that so you can get in there and clean them?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ve not seen any of the home type ultrasonics that I''m impressed with. The commercial ones are pretty expensive. The Salton Jewelry spa is well regarded among consumers as a cleaning tool but a toothbrush and a bit of elbow grease works remarkably well.

Yes, that''s what the holes in the back are there for.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Soulsis,

I have a Branson 200 ultrasonic cleaner and I think its great. I ordered the cleaner from ottofrei.com for jewelry.

Good luck,

Lori
21.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
One of my jewelers, very reputable and very long-term in the community, also suggests Mr. Clean.
While it initially seems to clean the diamond, it also begins a build-up, IMO, so I now stay away from all cleaning solutions.

I also have the Branson 200 and I don''t think it is anything special -- just my experience.

I LOVE the Salton Jewelry Spa!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2005 4:47:55 PM
Author: headlight
I LOVE the Salton Jewelry Spa!

I second this!! I love the Salton Jewelry Spa!! I''ve never seen anything else clean my jewelry better!!!

I plan to buy some SparkleSparkle before my vacation, as I surely can lug my Spa with me 6,000 miles!
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have this one:
True ultrasonic cleaner. Includes basket and cleaning powder. Made in the U.S.A. One year warranty. Excellent for home use! Weight: 2½ lbs
42,000 cycle energy waves every second
Safe and efficient
Reaches places brushes can''t
Non-abrasive action
Quiet solid-state circuitry
3 watts

I like it and the cleaning power is easy to find. I know there was a thread awhile ago aabout the Salton stuff being a pain. Anyway I think it is fantastic!Jewlery Supply

ultrpic.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Powder for Salton Jewelry Spa IS in stock right now!
esalton.com

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2005 5:04:40 PM
Author: headlight
Powder for Salton Jewelry Spa IS in stock right now!
esalton.com
I needed that powder and they were out of stock and I ended up going through warranty and was able to purchase it and a lower cost. I posted it somewhere on Pricescope, but I''m a ditzy blonde and can''t link posts
14.gif

Soooooo if you are ever facing the "out of stock" search for my post which gives step by step instructions on how to order from warranty
35.gif

And...oh yeah... I LOVE MY SALTON JEWELRY SPA
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results