shape
carat
color
clarity

Movie: Sound of Freedom A Must See!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. My husband and I went to see Sound of Freedom today. It was excellent and I highly recommend it. It stars Jim Caviezel, who portrays the lead character Tim Ballard, in this true life story. Tim is the founder of Operation Underground Railroad. He is former Homeland Security and CIA who now organizes search teams to rescue victims of human trafficking, which is quickly overtaking the drug trafficking trade in the US. This is the story of how Tim rescues a little boy who was trafficked and he asks Tim if he can rescue his older sister. This one act is what set Tim on the path that would become his destiny. The acting is superb and you are on the edge of your seat the entire time. The theater gave it a standing ovation at the end. If you can't afford the movie, they are crowd sourcing and there are free tickets available. It is only available in limited theaters at the moment. Please go see it and spread the word. You won't be sorry!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all. My husband and I went to see Sound of Freedom today. It was excellent and I highly recommend it. It stars Jim Caviezel, who portrays the lead character Tim Ballard, in this true life story. Tim is the founder of Operation Underground Railroad. He is former Homeland Security and CIA who now organizes search teams to rescue victims of human trafficking, which is quickly overtaking the drug trafficking trade in the US. This is the story of how Tim rescues a little boy who was trafficked and he asks Tim if he can rescue his older sister. This one act is what set Tim on the path that would become his destiny. The acting is superb and you are on the edge of your seat the entire time. The theater gave it a standing ovation at the end. If you can't afford the movie, they are crowd sourcing and there are free tickets available. It is only available in limited theaters at the moment. Please go see it and spread the word. You won't be sorry!
Interesting move by AMC

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw the movie on Saturday, and I am recommending it to all of my friends as well. It is inhumane with those children and families go through.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only seen this movie connected to bizarro q-anon conspiracy theories and had no idea what it was about. I had to look it up and see what the controversy was about. Sounds like grifters gotta grift, hence the push to ask for money at the end of a movie you've already paid for LOL.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a faith-based movie?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the movie on Saturday, and I am recommending it to all of my friends as well. It is inhumane with those children and families go through.

My daughter worked in DC for a short time about 10 years ago. And she said children from the poorer neighborhoods went missing all the time.

There is a small faith component to it but just in that when the sister and brother were separated she gave him a St. Timothy medal and he gave that to his rescuer who’s name was Tim and asked him to find his sister. It is really about the prolific human trafficking that is rapidly growing around the world.

As far as the crowdsourcing. They make quality shows and movies on a very limited budget. They give away tickets to anyone who asks.

Yes. People like to link this to Q anon but that is not at all what it’s about. They do that to scare people away (although I don’t know why, there is nothing controversial in the movie and it is a real problem.) I’m not a Q anon believer. I just believe there are some pretty sick, evil and demented people in this world and they need to be brought to justice.

This movie highlights it very well. We can’t stick our heads in the sand about this.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter worked in DC for a short time about 10 years ago. And she said children from the poorer neighborhoods went missing all the time.

There is a small faith component to it but just in that when the sister and brother were separated she gave him a St. Timothy medal and he gave that to his rescuer who’s name was Tim and asked him to find his sister. It is really about the prolific human trafficking that is rapidly growing around the world.

As far as the crowdsourcing. They make quality shows and movies on a very limited budget. They give away tickets to anyone who asks.

Yes. People like to link this to Q anon but that is not at all what it’s about. They do that to scare people away (although I don’t know why, there is nothing controversial in the movie and it is a real problem.) I’m not a Q anon believer. I just believe there are some pretty sick, evil and demented people in this world and they need to be brought to justice.

This movie highlights it very well. We can’t stick our heads in the sand about this.

There is apparently a ton of q-anon stuff in it, both content and imagery, and the dude promoting it is also bringing up pizzagate conspiracy theories in the press interviews. After looking it up there also seems to be a large anti-semetic part to it as well, having all the pedophiles be jewish?

This guy and his organization have been accused of misappropriating funds and embellishing a lot of the stories as well.

Multiple things can be true at the same time - yes there are terrible despicable people in the world doing terrible despicable things. That doesnt mean we can't recognize bias, conspiracy theories and misinformation being shoved right along side.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
So. I didn’t see any Q anon references and don’t remember seeing anything antisemitic. The main antagonist was Hispanic and living deep in the Columbian jungle, and I doubt he was Jewish. I don’t know the publisher of the article you cited but I will do some more research.

I guess you would have to go see the movie and look at it through a critical lens because nothing was overt.

Anyway. I’m sure you won’t go see it, which is fine. My MIL always says, “That’s why they have menus. “

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is apparently a ton of q-anon stuff in it, both content and imagery, and the dude promoting it is also bringing up pizzagate conspiracy theories in the press interviews. After looking it up there also seems to be a large anti-semetic part to it as well, having all the pedophiles be jewish?

This guy and his organization have been accused of misappropriating funds and embellishing a lot of the stories as well.

Multiple things can be true at the same time - yes there are terrible despicable people in the world doing terrible despicable things. That doesnt mean we can't recognize bias, conspiracy theories and misinformation being shoved right along side.

Can you point where in the movie have you seen these things? I haven't watched it yet and would like to catch these things if they are indeed there.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I think the frightening delusion of the film's star and his widespread promotion of an antisemitic blood libel is enough to keep me away from it.

ETA: I'm not claiming the film is trafficking in antisemitic tropes. But I don't want to do anything that would support its star.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about child trafficking (which we should all be concerned about, no matter what the reason for the trafficking is) so I will see it.

I go for the subject matter, not the politics or beliefs behind it (I leave that to what I see with my own eyes) if I can't see adreinocrombing with my own eyes, I don't know if it is happening or not happening, nobody does.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
if I can't see adreinocrombing with my own eyes, I don't know if it is happening or not happening, nobody does.

But you can't prove a negative. For example, neither you nor I can prove I didn't shoot JFK. Although I was three years old, I can't prove that I wasn't there, nor that I couldn't physically shoot a rifle. Ridiculous? Yes. So is the adenochrome theory.

To put it better, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That children or adults are trafficked is a tragedy and a scandal, and I support and applaud stopping this appalling crime. However, there is no evidence that adenochrome harvesting exists. But on the other hand, its striking similarity to the Jewish blood libel, a slander that was used for centuries to justify pogroms and the Shoah and is once again raising its revolting head, should make one cautious about even seeming to give it credence without excellent evidence. I am wary of people, such as the star of this film, who are willing to believe it.

Have we all forgotten Pizzagate?

empliau

Shiny_Rock
And I write the above not meaning to impugn anyone's enjoyment of the film. I am not a supporter of many things Woody Allen has done, yet I have on occasion taught some of his work. I completely accept that one may be moved by a powerful film on a painful subject, and that people can separate the art from the artist. I just can't give money that would benefit Jim Caviezel. Different strokes, etc.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Child trafficking should not be political. It’s a horrendous crime and this movie shines a light on the dark disgusting things that happen to children who go missing or are sold. If you want to better understand the sad truth this is a must see movie.

Attempting to make this political is just a way to try and detract from the truth.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
It's about child trafficking (which we should all be concerned about, no matter what the reason for the trafficking is) so I will see it.
I go for the subject matter, not the politics or beliefs behind it (I leave that to what I see with my own eyes) if I can't see adreinocrombing with my own eyes, I don't know if it is happening or not happening, nobody does.
Just going to leave this 2020 article from Wired on the subject should anyone want to read their thoughts on adrenochrome conspiracies and its ties to antisemitism.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Child trafficking should not be political. It’s a horrendous crime and this movie shines a light on the dark disgusting things that happen to children who go missing or are sold. If you want to better understand the sad truth this is a must see movie.

Attempting to make this political is just a way to try and detract from the truth.

Agree

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just going to leave this 2020 article from Wired on the subject should anyone want to read their thoughts on adrenochrome conspiracies and its ties to antisemitism.

Thank you but It's about Child Trafficking, that is all I care about. Articles are opinions and we all have those, we don't know what's true or false.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Which is why the men involved shouldn’t have gone on to use their platforms for political purposes.

Excellent piece about the way Sound of Freedom is actually detrimental in many ways:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is why the men involved shouldn’t have gone on to use their platforms for political purposes.

Excellent piece about the way Sound of Freedom is actually detrimental in many ways:

Well your truths are not my truths. We can all stand around and point fingers cast blame and make accusations. I choose to see this film as an opportunity to shed light on the evil that exists in the hopes more people will be aware, alert and watching. If one child is saved and then another and another and so on… then the film was worth the time it took to make it hundreds of times over.

Closing your eyes to the reality is shows because it doesn’t completely fit your narrative is how the problem continues to grow. Don’t choose a side choose a child to save. Take action, become an advocate. Speak out and just because they made a choice to be political don’t repeat their mistake. Get involved. I can give you an entire list of organizations fighting for children.

If it is to be it’s up to me.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you point where in the movie have you seen these things? I haven't watched it yet and would like to catch these things if they are indeed there.

Apologies if I was unclear - I certainly will not be supporting a pizzagate conspiracy theorist movie about a fictionalized event exaggerated by the star lol. I did read a breakdown with the qanon imagery that I can look for later, but it’s more ‘iykyk’ things, like butterflies. Innocuous on its own, but widely recognized as one of q-spiracies.

Anyways, a lot of his ‘facts’ about this topic have been disproven, and it seems like he’s straight up lied about their involvement in some of these ‘rescues’. Yes child sex trafficking is bad, no one is denying that. But not wanting to support someone spewing hateful messaging doesn’t mean they automatically approve of it or something.

Albright says Sound of Freedom is “grounded in this sensational perspective of what child trafficking would be,” rather than reflecting its grim reality.

A representative for Angel Studios, which distributed Sound of Freedom, did not respond to a request for comment about questions regarding its accuracy; however, in a blog post on its website, it acknowledges altering some of Ballard’s biographical details and that the film “took creative liberties in depicting the different methods of child trafficking.””

“You don’t have to manufacture conspiracy theories about child sexual abuse,” says Huizar. “There are plenty of facts at hand that dont involve spreading horrible rumors about Wayfair or pizza restaurants.”

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean…I hesitate to step in here but, *affiliations shouldn’t even be considered when children are being trafficked, sold, raped and killed. This is sadly what is so wrong with our society today. It shouldn’t be a ‘my-team/your-team sport,’ not when something so vile continues. I’m also old enough to remember when we tolerated and even accepted those with differing opinions. :doh:
I haven’t seen the movie and will wait for it to stream.

Edited to remove the word *political because of PS rules.

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh you already linked this great piece!
I hope people take the time to understand that this is still an entertainment movie, not a documentary.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. I didn’t see any Q anon references and don’t remember seeing anything antisemitic. The main antagonist was Hispanic and living deep in the Columbian jungle, and I doubt he was Jewish. I don’t know the publisher of the article you cited but I will do some more research.

I guess you would have to go see the movie and look at it through a critical lens because nothing was overt.

Anyway. I’m sure you won’t go see it, which is fine. My MIL always says, “That’s why they have menus. “

I didn’t touch on this before, but I’m not sure if you misread my post or are being deliberately obtuse. I didn’t mention the trafficker. The pedophile was named ‘Oshinsky’, a Jewish name.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Apologies if I was unclear - I certainly will not be supporting a pizzagate conspiracy theorist movie about a fictionalized event exaggerated by the star lol. I did read a breakdown with the qanon imagery that I can look for later, but it’s more ‘iykyk’ things, like butterflies. Innocuous on its own, but widely recognized as one of q-spiracies.

Anyways, a lot of his ‘facts’ about this topic have been disproven, and it seems like he’s straight up lied about their involvement in some of these ‘rescues’. Yes child sex trafficking is bad, no one is denying that. But not wanting to support someone spewing hateful messaging doesn’t mean they automatically approve of it or something.

Albright says Sound of Freedom is “grounded in this sensational perspective of what child trafficking would be,” rather than reflecting its grim reality.

A representative for Angel Studios, which distributed Sound of Freedom, did not respond to a request for comment about questions regarding its accuracy; however, in a blog post on its website, it acknowledges altering some of Ballard’s biographical details and that the film “took creative liberties in depicting the different methods of child trafficking.””

“You don’t have to manufacture conspiracy theories about child sexual abuse,” says Huizar. “There are plenty of facts at hand that dont involve spreading horrible rumors about Wayfair or pizza restaurants.”

I take everything labeled a conspiracy theory with a grain of salt since the past 3 years have proven otherwise.

Is it a movie or a documentary? If it's a movie then they can indeed change things and take artistic liberties, nothing wrong with that.

While you say " they said this and did that" you are not giving concrete examples, just quoting articles, minced information, nothing solid. Show me where they said and what they did, as an actual fact not someone's opinion/article.

I've watched parts of interviews, I'm going to watch more 'cause the movie is not released in the UK yet, as far as I know.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For concrete info about the actor's opinions and ties to QAnon, see below. The articles have direct quotes from the actor, not summaries:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For concrete info about the actor's opinions and ties to QAnon, see below. The articles have direct quotes from the actor, not summaries:

You just posted someone else's opinion and less than 30 secs of an interview which literally says nothing. Care to comment on the actual movie?

I wonder what real reasons can someone have against this movie which actually sheds some light over this horrible horrible issue that exists.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
-Opinion only
-not attempting to sway others or debate

Not a fan of the main actor as he portrays himself in the media - so I won’t pay to see the movie in the meaning of ‘supporting’ him. Like any Tom Cruise movie.
Will I not go out of my way to watch it for free? Sure. The topic concerns me. But I won’t ‘learn’ facts about human trafficking from this movie like I wouldn’t attempt to learn facts from any other ‘based on true story’ movie.

Being emotionally moved by a movie - I understand.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Welp, I can say that they got Adrenochrome from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results