shape
carat
color
clarity

Mounting a peridot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been hanging onto a very pretty intense apple green step cut peridot for about five years. Whenever I go through my gemstone boxes, it''s the one I constantly bring out to look at. If I can set it cheaply I could enjoy it more. I had a heck of a time getting a good picture of the stone, so please pardon the dust and streaks.

peridotemerald.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I found this mounting on LOGR. I like how the baguettes mirror the vertical lines in the emerald cut. Is white metal okay with a peridot? I''m not interested in a halo, which is the only other mounts I found.

025c.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White gold is okay with peridots, but just make sure you get an experienced benchperson to do the job since peridots are rather soft stones.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TL. And it''s SO GOOD to have you back!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would look awesome in that setting Uppy!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very pretty setting.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Does the white gold work? I''ve only seen peridots mounted in yellow gold, and they all look pretty dated to me. And I''m normally a yellow gold lover.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would think the wg would make the green jump out more than yellow. Yes, no?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 8:17:59 PM
Author: packrat

It can, and it can sometimes depend on what shade of green the peridot is.

My mother has some Pakistan peridot thats set in yellow gold. They really pop, the stones are ridiculously vivid green and the cut of them really bring that out. Those could have been set in white or yellow gold and it would have been fine.

My one and only peridot does have a slight yellow secondary but I''m fine with that. were I to consider yellow gold I think that yellow would come out a bit too much.

-A

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I like the ring setting but personally I would do two tone with the green stone IMHO. but I think regardless it will look really nice!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Depending on an individual stone, either metal can work, but I really like peridots in white metal with diamonds. Some of them look great in yellow too, but I''m mostly drawn to the ones set in white (maybe apple green in yellow is too tutti-frutti for me
9.gif
, especially without any diamonds). But get what you think you''ll wear the most and actually enjoy, not what everyone thinks is right.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I think that luscious stone would look great in that LOGR - the sides would accentuate and echo the center stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is an example of my peridot in two tone you can hardly see the yellow wrapping it, but it gives it an idea maybe for either metal color choice? my chain is yellow gold

peridotpendantbezeldt0709 0151.JPG

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/1/2009 8:17:59 PM
Author: packrat
YES:) I have decided on a logr legacy WG for my precision peridot. Finally...
26.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2009 1:15:48 PM
Author: D&T
here is an example of my peridot in two tone you can hardly see the yellow wrapping it, but it gives it an idea maybe for either metal color choice? my chain is yellow gold
Uppy -- I think your stone will work with either color. But if you don't like the look of peridots in Ygold don't do yellow.

D&T -- did you buy that chain seperately? How think/heavy is it? I saw a good price on a chain the other day but thought maybe it was too thin for a pendant... thread hijack over.

Uppy -- You have a very nice Peridot! TFS!!

Edited for spelling of course!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2009 12:12:02 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Uppy -- I think your stone will work with either color. But if you don't like the look of peridots in Ygold don't do yellow.

D&T -- did you buy that chain seperately? How think/heavy is it? I saw a good price on a chain the other day but thought maybe it was too thin for a pendant... thread hijack over.

Uppy -- You have a very nice Peridot! TFS!!

Edited for spelling of course!
Hey SH- the chain is from Sears from almost 10 years ago, it looks ok with the box chain (and super durable imo), but I prefer the look of the snake chain with ths slider pendant, I had Julia just order me a WG snake chain and shortned it to 14.5inches more of choker look (but I find that it doesn't look that great on my skin tone
40.gif
- so now I"m also lookiing to get a gold snake chain too)

Uppy- did you decide on what to do with your peridot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results