shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother''''s Ring help....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I honestly thought that my husband was going to cut me off after the earring upgrade but being the generous man that he is he asked me about having a Mother''s Ring made. His sister was wearing hers the other night and husband said, "hey, you should have something like that made." Who am I to disagree? So I thought I would come to my favorite place to seek advice and council.

One son is a ruby, the other son is a pink sapphire...how ironic is that? Two boys and they have girl colored birth stones. I have no pictures but I thought I would explain choices, your input would be helpful and appreciated.

1. Bypass ring with pear shaped ruby and a pear shaped pink sapphire set in platinum with pave diamonds around the stones and down the shank (3 sides). Very chuncky looking. Leon Mege has something like it on his site.

2. Cartier inspired rolling ring. One ring with ruby pave and the other ring with pink sapphire pave (3 sides). One concern would be the pave rubbing against each other could cause damage.

3. Pave style eternity band. One large band with both ruby and sapphire pave (3 sides) set in rose gold.

I would love any and all suggestions, if you could provide pictures that would be great. This ring will be worn on my right hand, either middle finger or ring finger.

Thank you for your help,

Roppongi

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id end up with a half eternity, alternating rubies and pink sapphires.

So I vote eternity.

ETA:
My mom had one made with Peridot and Emerald (she rarely wears it) because my brother and I are May's and my sister and husband are August (a day apart, though many years difference). It's pretty cool and if I can get a shot of it Ill post it. She occassionally stacks it with her wedding ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results