shape
carat
color
clarity

Mostly a lurker, I don't post too often on PS... grateful for the escapism

obx_marina

Rough_Rock
I graduated with my PhD in public health a few years before the pandemic. I feel very grateful to have a job right now, but the past ~3 years have also been unbelievably draining. While others can take a mental health break from the news, my job requires me to stay up-to-date on the pandemic. With the chaos of closing out the year and cases rising again, I just spent a bit of time browsing the forum (and daydreaming about beautiful pieces that I will never be able to afford :lol-2:). It has made me reflect on how much I appreciate the ability to briefly escape in these times of sustained stress, so I wanted to thank the anonymous collective for contributing/posting and making PS so great.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
It is a great place for escape, isn't it? In addition to my absolute love of gemstones, escapism is my main motivation for PS participation! :) It's a lovely place.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your job must be incredibly draining.
Pricescope is a wonderful place, lots of interesting people and of course absolutely amazing pieces of jewellery.
I mostly love the stories behind the pieces or the reason for purchase / acquisition. My favourites are the meaningful pieces that bring joy, hope or remembrance.
And the gaining of knowledge, I still cringe remembering my first post. So proud I was of my spessartite garnet ring from eBay. Oops. Synthetic corundum. Back then I didn’t know that synthetic corundum came in all colours of the rainbow.
I still love the ring though. 41AEB9D7-D817-4094-92B9-3CE0BBF23C46.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope is a wonderful place, lots of interesting people and of course absolutely amazing pieces of jewellery.
I mostly love the stories behind the pieces or the reason for purchase / acquisition. My favourites are the meaningful pieces that bring joy, hope or remembrance.
And the gaining of knowledge, I still cringe remembering my first post. So proud I was of my spessartite garnet ring from eBay. Oops. Synthetic corundum. Back then I didn’t know that synthetic corundum came in all colours of the rainbow.

We've all been there! Great place to vent.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I graduated with my PhD in public health a few years before the pandemic. I feel very grateful to have a job right now, but the past ~3 years have also been unbelievably draining. While others can take a mental health break from the news, my job requires me to stay up-to-date on the pandemic. With the chaos of closing out the year and cases rising again, I just spent a bit of time browsing the forum (and daydreaming about beautiful pieces that I will never be able to afford :lol-2:). It has made me reflect on how much I appreciate the ability to briefly escape in these times of sustained stress, so I wanted to thank the anonymous collective for contributing/posting and making PS so great.

Reading and window shopping is a lovely respite. Take a load off!

obx_marina

Rough_Rock

The stories underlying the pieces are truly the best! And your ring is beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your PhD! My husband had one so I know how grueling it is to achieve! Come on ove t to the lab diamond forum and maybe you can afford one of your dreams!

The stress of my job is nothing compared to yours, but I do deal with grouchy lawyers and judges all day. :roll: This forum is such a welcomed respite. I too am grateful for all of its contributors!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dr. and nurses are heroes !!!!!

Thank you for the work you do.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I am so grateful for the work that you do.

Also, a warning- when I started on PS, I, too, thought I could never afford such a fantastic pieces. Well, turns out if you budget properly and wait long enough- you CAN buy some pretty incredible stuff, and PSers will show you how! Welcome :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@obx_marina -

Nice to hear from you! And I'm so sorry for how stressful this last 3 years must have been. It's been a rough old ride for a lot of us here, and you more than most, I suspect.

But....as others above have said, PS is the *perfect* place to kick back and relax when you need beautiful distraction.

As for not being able to afford various pieces, beauty exists at all price points, so if you ever need help finding perfect pieces within budget, that's where PriceScopers REALLY excel!

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there and welcome to PS.
I came for the diamonds and stayed for the friendships I’ve made here.
PS is a special place imo ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results