shape
carat
color
clarity

Most sparkle next to RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Assuming a great cut and assuming a RB is not in the running--what shape do you think has the most sparkle?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Depends what your def of sparkle is...most say EC''s dont sparkle...but IMO a well cut EC gives off so much sparkle and light, and rainbows of color sometimes!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input! Do you happen to know where I can locate information on well-cut emerald shaped diamonds? Thank you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you don''t like RB''s??? What kind of sparkle are you looking for??? The crushed ice look of a radiant, or something else???

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Do you still want an EC? I somewhat remember from your previous posts. If you use the search engine here on Pricescope I am sure you can find TONS of info that you need to pick your perfect diamond.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I do love RBs. However, I''ve decided to choose a different shape this time. I had a RB for my *last* engagement
2.gif
Too bad I couldn''t have kept the ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my EC. I love the reactions I get from people b/c they aren''t as common or popular. I think mine is very sparkly and reflects lots or light. I love it. Just make sure you get high clarity. We looked at a 2.1 ct SI1 where you could see the inclusion. I wasn''t having any of that!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
check out a royal asscher.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the Royal Asscher looks like it would be quite remarkable. I have never seen one in person, though!

I have a large [6.39 carat] emerald cut and it is incredible. It is an older cut and looks kind of like an elongated Asscher [concentric octagons as you look down with the cut corners]. It sparkles beautifully in all lights. To see what the best measurements are for an EC you may want to consult http://www.gemappraisers.com/ click on the "old DIY cut grading" link on the left. My EC came up as a 1A cut for what that''s worth [60% table, 65% depth, forget the rest - need to look it up]. That may give you some guidance. But - if you want an EC you must see the stone IMHO. Lots of them look like giant baguettes to me.

Just my .02

Good luck,
Blu

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For modern cuts, I think a radiant is the next-in-line to an RB. You also might want to look at some cushion cuts and Tiffany''s Lucida cut as well as the Royal Asscher. How do you feel about Old Mine cuts and Old European cuts?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
DiamanteBlu thanks for that gemappraisal website. very handy.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Hmm...good point. I''m not sure how I feel about old mine or cushion cuts. I went through a phase where I thought I wanted a cushion cut, but that phase passed. I think it''s becasue I wasn''t sure exactly what to look for in a cushion cut. That was, of course, before I found Pricescope
2.gif

Thanks for all of the great tips!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results