shape
carat
color
clarity

Most OVERRATED.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
UCLA''s basketball team.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I might be running for my life in a moment here, but....

Song: Hey there Delilah

TV Show: Ugly Betty -- soooo cheesy!

ETA: Just thought of this...celebrity chef: Rachel Ray -- again, it's the hideous cheese factor

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that the Cold Stone Creamery is very overrated. It's SOOOO rich and creamy and it gives me a huge stomach ache. As is Starbucks (I HATE the names -- just order a small, medium, or large, would ya?). Little Miss Sunshine and Napoleon Dynamite -- I really didn't get why they were huge hits. I think that way about indy films. I want to like them but I often find myself dissapointed.

Nalgene bottles. While I do think they're convenient, they're also a breeding ground for germs and stuff.

ETA: The Sopranos and Desparate Housewives. I've netflixed the first one or two seasons of The Sopranos and I didn't get the appeal. Same thing with DH.

TV show: ER -- hasn't it completely changed casts like 4 times already?? End already! Grey's Anatomy is so much better!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we like in n''out burgers! sure they are not the most fab burgers EVER but they are the best and most fresh ''fast food'' burgers out there. so in that they fit the bill. but as the BEST BURGER EVER, yeah not so much. but good when on the road for sure.

another totally overrated food for me. Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts. GROSS. talk about mass production food with all sugar no flavor. i love little mom n'' pop donut shops where they make them all by hand every morning...chocolate old fashioned glaze...yummy.

sbucks is TOTALLY overrated and their coffee is so weak...i swear i could have a quad espresso and not be any more alert afterwards than before and maybe even feel a bit SLEEPY. the mediocrity of their coffee was hugely underscored for me this last week when we visited this new cafe that opened near us...i had a regular size vanilla latte and i was wired for like 4 hours afterwards! i actually like peets (a california chain i think, pretty popular out here) way better than sbucks but they also are kind of more corporate now.

overrated movies, the latest star wars movies, sooo not as good as the first 3. and any type of ''#2'' movie...sequels are always so overrated.

overrated dogs, all the strange mixed ones like labradoodles and the weird beagle poodle whatever mix...in another 5 years they will start to discover all the health problems that are inevitable when mixing all types of funky breeds just for a cute looking puppy.

i think all those celebutantes and all the reality show stars and all those are totally overrated. but yet i still read us weekly faithfully week after week.
5.gif

overrated TV show...grey''s anatomy...just could seriously not get into it which is surprising cuz i love watching TV shows.

back on the overrated food tip...''fusion'' anything. what exactly is fusion? i like vietnamese fusion but i''m not QUITE sure what it is. recently we came across an indian chinese fusion place.
23.gif
we looked at the menu but couldn''t quite figure it out.

overrated health claim...chocolate is good for you so eat up! yes it''s good in moderation, but not the whole bar. and it has to be dark chocolate. hersheys dipped in milk does not count.
9.gif

overrated cars...prius and the scion. both are all over the place here in california.

i could think of a lot more but i don''t want to seem cynical.
41.gif

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Thank GAWD, I am not the only one who thinks Starbucks is overrated. When I say that where I work people actually get mad hehehehe!

I have to agree manicures are overrated if you don't have some sorta tips on, it totally chips the next day.

Jewelry insurance if you don't know what you are doing b/c if you insure it for the "appraised" value you pay more, when the insurance company know what they will pay anyway and honey it's no where near the "appraised" value.

Living on a cul- de-sac in a suburban neighberhood, when you have nosey competing childish neighbors. It's amazing to watch one person in the neighborhood get something any random thing to better thier house and watch all the others run out and get bigger and better versions of the samething.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2007 4:38:30 PM
Author: Sabine

ETA: Just thought of this...celebrity chef: Rachel Ray -- again, it''s the hideous cheese factor
HI:

Sabine, you beat me to posting about that song--huge
20.gif
factor.....

My best pal and DH says the same thing about Starbucks being overrated, but I actually like their coffee (altho it is kinda costly)....

And Crantini''s...nuthin terribly creative there, waste of calories.......
emcocktl.gif
emthdown.gif
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 4:38:30 PM
Author: Sabine

ETA: Just thought of this...celebrity chef: Rachel Ray -- again, it''s the hideous cheese factor

RUN RUN RUN!!!!
9.gif
I love Ugly Betty. It''s one of the only shows I watch, even though I don''t get to watch it every week.

You know what totally disappointed me? Kaboom and the bowl cleaner -- can''t remember the name of it but it''s by the same company. Puleeeeze. Didn''t work well at all. I''m also not sold on Oxyclean. I think my Spray ''N Wash stain stick works a whole lot better.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I like (but don''t love) Starbucks coffee. In fact, I''m drinking some right now. But like Zoe I hate their stupid fancy terminology, so I just refuse to order that way. I still order a small, medium, or large. Not a tall or whatever. I mean, gimme a break.

The other thing about Starbucks I do LOVE though, is that the company treats their staff extremely well. They provide health insurance, pay for college for longer-term employees, and pay above minimum wage. I may have made this up, but I think I once read that they have semi-collective decision making too, not the sort of top down ''DO THIS, WORTHLESS MINION! AND DON''T ASK QUESTIONS!'' that I had when I worked in a coffee shop.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
BIG LOAD DITTO on great lash mascara -- sooo much hype, yet it makes my lashes look skimpier; same with diorshow - what''s with the too fat brush?

i would have thittoed manis abut i just got one from a place in st louis (there for a wedding) that has lasted already over a week w/o a single chip, and i am ROUGH on my nails let me tell ya. too bad they''re not here in houston
5.gif

tried I&O burgers when i visitied fam in cali, pretty blah

desperate housewives -- tried to get into it, but couldn''t even get through 1 episode. and i am easily addictable to tv shows.

seinfeld -- stop with the re-runs already!

ice_princess

Rough_Rock
-Even after all the hype with Heroes I still can''t get into it. I just find it boring....
-I think starbucks is ok but hate the terminology too, I just refuse to use it...
-I really hate any mascara that has wonder/magic/super etc in the title. They never work, mascara is mascara no matter what jumped-up name you call it. I''m
using a £4 on now which works better that the expensive revlon one used a few times....
-M&S is another thing I find overrated (although I still sometimes buy there because it''s the most convenient for me) but all their products are just soooo
expensive and their "Cook!" range just irritates me because it never tastes very wonderfull and it''s bloody expensive...
-any celebrity is overrated! people should act because they have talent and I really don''t care what they do or where they go in their own time. I''ll pay to watch
them in movies (if they''re good, because some actors/actresses aren''t worth the title) but I absolutely refuse to buy those cr*ppy mags ie Heat/OK! because it
just makes them look (feel?) more important than they are.
-Reality shows are definitely overrated, if only for the fact that they create even more horrible Z-list celebrities who go about wearing no underwear. I still don''t
get why it''s acceptable behaviour just because they are famous...
-The London eye is another thing that they advertise in all London airports and which is completely overrated, you have to queue for hours and hours and it''s
expensive for a 30min ''trip'' in a giant ferris wheel (although the views are quite good I have to say)...

Pupper

Rough_Rock
hmm... "overrated" things become such because they''re very popular so any time someone posts something they find overrated, someone else will be "offended" (<-perhaps too strong a word since folks are so nice here?).
for almost every thing someone''s posted, someone else has said - hey i like that! it''s great that the thread''s remained so congenial
2.gif

can you think something''s overrated if you''ve never tried it? f.e., Mara''s stating that labradoodles are overrated.
-i''ve read that they''re supposed to be much heartier because they''re first generation mixed? i have several friends that have lab/golden doodles & they''re fabulous dogs!! Very smart, lively, sweet w a great temperment (we have a place nearby that trains them as guidedogs for these reasons +). just sayin...
17.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear...minority here. (like that is a news alert!! DKS at it again!) I am not a everyday coffee connoisseur...that may make me different from the rest of you nay sayers...but for me STARBUCKS rules! I love the odd flavor. Nothing else does it for me. Hubby has gone in for me and refuses the short, tall, grande, venti size. For him to have to say Venti Latte you would think they made him wear pink undergarments! Oh, he says Lottey for Latte. They crack up! When they question his pronunciation he says the one with milk. I get skim, decaf, no sugar, no whip, and I still love it!! Only a few a month if that many...but again I don''t brew at home or order elsewhere.

Mara...your comment on chocolate and moderation...I too agree with moderation...as long as there is lots of it!!
2.gif
But forgive me, the word chocolate shouldn''t be included in this conversation. Chocolate is NEVER OVERRATED often underestimated. It is a mainstay and a necessity. A sacrilege to say it is overrated!! And trust me I get a ton of health benefits...milk chocolate...dark, white, brownie chocolate, hot cold, sweet or semi ....one health benefit I get is restoration of my sanity!!! It could save marriages and I think it is the answer to world peace!! Chocolate RULES!!

I think Mac Mansions are overrated. There is one next to me...that has a 500 begebber voltage feed...to my 50 (what ever the rating thing is.) The electric company says he will be billed $2600 a month...while not using anything. 16k square feet. They built the house to take up the entire lot. There is no yard. The neighborhood names includes the word Oaks...they tore down 300+ year old oaks to have room for this monstrosity. There are no oaks. Just their ghosts.

Stucco construction. Most of it is all Styrofoam. With a thin layer of stucco stuff. You can plunge a fist into it..or a lawnmower etc. Give me substantial materials. Lets see Styrofoam stucco in 50 years...I don''t think so!!

Botox...bee sting lips. (ask me in another 10 years...)

DKS

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pupper, i guess i was being too specific. really i think any of those breed combos are overrated. and yes mostly because they are so popular. dogs should not be bred or purchased just because it's a popular breed. as for whether or not they are heartier or whatever, from what i can recall they have not been around long enough (aka 15+ years) for anyone to really truly know what issues might be inherent with mixing those two breeds (or any of those funky combos where it's like a lab, beagle, poodle or whatever). honestly when i see those funky mixes i am always like okay whose bright idea was THAT???? but of course the general public loves stuff like that and because they sell, it will continue.
20.gif

i'm not surprised that this thread remains congenial because that is the way most PS'ers are.
1.gif
being offended over what one person thinks sucks...just because you like it seems like it'd be a waste of time. everyone does and buys or eats or drinks or whatever what floats their boats. that makes them happy. but not everyone has to agree. ain't life grand?!?!
2.gif

dks...oh i agree chocolate is a mainstay of a happy life...but in moderation.
3.gif
as lynn says that's my story and i'm sticking to it!! hehe.

other things i thought of that fall into *my* overrated category. blackberries or any type of 'getyouremailandbecomeobsessedwithit' type of device. camera phones. sweats with descriptive writing on the butt. expensive designer shoes (but i love designer purses hehehe). platform shoes, man those things are super uncomfortable to drive in!! oh and the ultimate in overrated? those latest pushup bras that VS has out now, they are so stiff it's like they create boobs even if you don't have any. what are they really supposed to do?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 12:32:11 PM
Author: Mara

other things i thought of that fall into *my* overrated category. blackberries or any type of ''getyouremailandbecomeobsessedwithit'' type of device. camera phones. sweats with descriptive writing on the butt. expensive designer shoes (but i love designer purses hehehe). platform shoes, man those things are super uncomfortable to drive in!! oh and the ultimate in overrated? those latest pushup bras that VS has out now, they are so stiff it''s like they create boobs even if you don''t have any. what are they really supposed to do?
Perhaps give boobs to the needy person next to you? Maybe the VS uberboobbra should come with a t-shirt that has an arrow pointing to the left (or the right) saying "I''m with flatty"

Sigh. I so need one of those bras. Not the shirt, though. Cuz it''d constantly be pointing at DH and he likes being flat-chested.

I find some of my own rambling posts to be highly overrated.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 5:19:25 PM
Author: jas

other things i thought of that fall into *my* overrated category. blackberries or any type of ''getyouremailandbecomeobsessedwithit'' type of device. camera phones. sweats with descriptive writing on the butt. expensive designer shoes (but i love designer purses hehehe). platform shoes, man those things are super uncomfortable to drive in!! oh and the ultimate in overrated? those latest pushup bras that VS has out now, they are so stiff it''s like they create boobs even if you don''t have any. what are they really supposed to do?
Perhaps give boobs to the needy person next to you? Maybe the VS uberboobbra should come with a t-shirt that has an arrow pointing to the left (or the right) saying ''I''m with flatty''

Sigh. I so need one of those bras. Not the shirt, though. Cuz it''d constantly be pointing at DH and he likes being flat-chested.

9.gif
LOL, I think I fall into that catagory of needing one too. hehee

Hey there, I love your posts. . . not at all overrated; I want more! You are always a riot!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 5:26:59 PM
Author: Skippy123
LOL, I think I fall into that catagory of needing one too. hehee
Skippee!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 5:34:17 PM
Author: Harriet
Skippee!!
Yes, Harriet??
bat%20eyes3.gif

Are those Magic Erasers by Mr. Clean overrated??? Anyone know???
33.gif
I am tempted to buy them
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 5:49:28 PM

Skippee!!
Yes, Harriet??
bat%20eyes3.gif

33.gif
I am tempted to buy them
27.gif
I love them Skippy. I use them mostly to get marks off the walls. They really are amazing!!
36.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock

Love shoes, hate purses. Won''t even carry a purse. If it doesn''t fit in my pockets (or his, if need be), it''s of no use to me!
9.gif
So I guess we''re of opposite opinions on that one. And speaking of which, I am in the camp that buys the "here, have some boobs for the low, low price of $50" bras. Not overrated! Helpful!
1.gif

Things that are overrated: Agreed with everyone on Starbucks. I don''t drink coffee but many people have told me that both Dunkin Donuts and Sheetz (gas station here) have far better coffee. I drink Starbucks'' MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE chai, myself. It''s good but it is not the best chai I''ve had, by far.

Other things: sports cars such as Corvettes and Porsches. The entire housing market here. MySpace. Fergie.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
expensive designer shoes
HI:

OKOK, this is just so WRONG! Trying to be congenial here, but them's fighten words
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif
. heh heh Where is that magic Mr. Eraser when you need it?
3.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 5:19:25 PM
Author: jas

Perhaps give boobs to the needy person next to you? Maybe the VS uberboobbra should come with a t-shirt that has an arrow pointing to the left (or the right) saying ''I''m with flatty''

9.gif
haha, I buy those bras!!! They''re like super gel packed -- it does look like the bra''s got boobs in it before I put it on and I joke that I''m putting my prosthetic chest on when I get dressed b/c I''ve got itty bitties.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think roadtrips are overrated ... they always seem like they''ll be such fun in the movies, but after driving 1/2way cross country a few times with FI, I will beg to differ.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
noooooo not the ones with boobs in there. these were like the latest from VS earlier this year...the something shape bra. i swear to god they just sit on your chest like little styrofoam cups. if you have no boobs they create space where the boobs SHOULD BE and don''t fill it with anything. i bought one thinking oh it will beef me up. NOPE. just drove me crazy like what is up with this SPACE Where my boobs don''t fill it??? returned them and got another VS creation which DOES in fact help the chest out a bit since i lost a size since i lost weight last year...but those original first ones were like the latest greatest and they were wacko.

lol sharon come over to the exp purse camp. can you REALLY be in both shoes and purses?? hehe.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 6:25:55 PM
noooooo not the ones with boobs in there. these were like the latest from VS earlier this year...the something shape bra. i swear to god they just sit on your chest like little styrofoam cups. if you have no boobs they create space where the boobs SHOULD BE and don''t fill it with anything. i bought one thinking oh it will beef me up. NOPE. just drove me crazy like what is up with this SPACE Where my boobs don''t fill it??? returned them and got another VS creation which DOES in fact help the chest out a bit since i lost a size since i lost weight last year...but those original first ones were like the latest greatest and they were wacko.

lol sharon come over to the exp purse camp. can you REALLY be in both shoes and purses?? hehe.
I am familiar with, and loathe, the bra of which you speak. The one I buy is the convertible one, it is fantastic and full o'' paddy goodness.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps we should combine some of these for the Uber Overrated: My BoobSpace?

Anyone? Anyone? Was that a tumbleweed?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mara you missed my funny...man, this was good material...I wasted it!!!

"Where chocolate is concerned...

I believe in moderation...As long AS THERE IS LOTS OF IT!!"

DKS

get it? You can''t have lots and moderation at the same time
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 6:01:07 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Skippee!!
Yes, Harriet??
bat%20eyes3.gif

33.gif
I am tempted to buy them
27.gif
I love them Skippy. I use them mostly to get marks off the walls. They really are amazing!!
36.gif
I love them too Skippy. We get lots of wall scuffs. This thing rubs them right off. Just don''t rub it all over your face! My sister''s MIL sent out a panicked FW: email that said some kid burned his face by rubbing this all over it. I don''t think it is true, but,
20.gif

Which leads me to my #1 overated and BIGGEST pet peeve!!!!! Email forwards...bad jokes, return this to me and send out to 10 people w/in 5 minutes or else, anything of the sort. My aunt, grandma and parents are notorius forwarders!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fergie - totally agree! she''s overrated for sure!
and i''m with you on the forwarded email crap. especially from people that you never hear from through email except for forwards. blech.

word of warning on the magic eraser. it can take paint of the walls while trying to rid of scuffs. maybe it was crappy apartment paint though? just wanted to get that out there.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 7:26:31 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 9/24/2007 6:01:07 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Skippee!!
Yes, Harriet??
bat%20eyes3.gif

33.gif
I am tempted to buy them
27.gif
36.gif
I love them too Skippy. We get lots of wall scuffs. This thing rubs them right off. Just don't rub it all over your face! My sister's MIL sent out a panicked FW: email that said some kid burned his face by rubbing this all over it. I don't think it is true, but,
20.gif

Which leads me to my #1 overated and BIGGEST pet peeve!!!!! Email forwards...bad jokes, return this to me and send out to 10 people w/in 5 minutes or else, anything of the sort. My aunt, grandma and parents are notorius forwarders!
Thanks lady's I know I could count on the super moms!!! I keep getting scuff marks from hubby's shoes on the floor and hopefully the magic eraser will do the trick!!!

Jas. hehee

Miranda I agree I hate hate the forward emails unless they are incredibly funny! Sometimes I email those people and say "hey, I never hear from you except through forwards. . . how are you?!!" hehee

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
NTBADH, but the magic eraser erased marks from years ago, when the kids scuffed the walls in a rush to get to the airport on Spring Break. I was resigned to the fact that the whole hallway and stairwell would have to be repainted. That little sponge did the trick, and saved me a lot of $$$ on painting.

FWD emails, don''t get me started. I even blocked my dad. He has sent me way too many, some are inappropriate or in poor taste. I do have a sense of humor, don''t get me wrong, but Dad is nutters.
20.gif
I figure if something comes up that is tres important he can call me.

Which brings me to Caller ID!!! Hugely underrated!!! Love it.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results